golden tee

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

golden tee

Post by Chad »

-skito
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/9/5/3/dm ... wolf97.zip

Actually all of these recordings don't playback for me. Perhaps try recording in a much later mame version after the sound fix? like wolfmame115?

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/gt99t400
-skito
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

I tried to play 1 back, but it didn't give the score claimed, which isn't such a big deal to me. What made me wonder was the ball bahaviour...are there settings to adjust the 'power' of a stroke? I'll play these again this winter, but no time now... In the now, if you figure out why they don't all playback well, post it.

My immediate thought is that perhaps he generated an nvram during practice and didn't realize it?

gt99t400 goes to stroke limit(water balls) on hole 3, and another time on hole 6...I tried watching at regular speed(hole3), and with fastforward(hole6). I'm sure they are probably good, but I wasn't going to say anything first. I quit topping Gerhard just to keep from replaying again, instead, entering a tie score(even though I scored higher on a few of them, but since noone was confirming them, noone noticed :lol: ) These games are really hard on mousepads.
zaremba
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: golden tee

Post by zaremba »

Hey guys,

I am just now seeing these posts. I have noticed that more than 1/2 of my Golden tee records have been verified, but there are still a few that have not.

I assumed that people just got bored of checking them. Does this mean, they don't work? I can try to reload or re-record any that are not playable.

I can assure you that they are all legit, but I want the postings right.

Dean Zaremba

Welby, there is not a power button, but you can control spin by speed of backswing and forward swings (I use standard traclball on slik stik controller). Also, wind, slope of green, hook, slice will all contribute to ball control when it lands. As you have seen I can make the ball roll in any direction with different speeds, once it lands. There is no magic button, just thousands of rounds.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I think they are probably alright, there is just a lot of recordings to confirm and not a lot of time. Feel free to keep recording cause the ones i saw played back ok.
-skito
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

Ah, you're using a trackball...more control and swing space than a mousepad allows me. I still think there's probably an analog tweak that would allow further drives with the mouse, but it's not in my current MAME options(greyed out button). I'm unable to get anywhere near your drives with the mouse...pad too small. I know about wind/hook/grade etc, as I play at the arcade quite a bit...drives I get on the arcade are much longer. Where my game falls apart, is generally after the mousepad moves during a swing(I can't glue/tape it down, as I have to use the desk for other things at times). I was hoping to get the Xarcade trackball mouse, but just haven't had time to order/play lately. When I get it, I'll get a few back from you(I may not bother on the 'watery' courses). I get lots of HIO's, but usually followed by a terrible hole later.
Don't worry about the confirms, as there are some of mine that still haven't. The confirmers probably had a flashback to me and Gerhard...sometimes we traded places 3 times in a day, so they were overwhelmed with boring replays(not that there aren't some cool shots etc, but most are just 'par') :lol:
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

BTW: Golden Tee just made the Guiness 'top 100' list...its a strange list. The list has been reproduced on CAG forums in the following thread: http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/foru ... 565.0.html