mrdrillr

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

mrdrillr

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/mrdrillr
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/e/6/9/jp ... win100.zip

doesn't seem to start a credit, and i think wolfmame would NOT be a cause of a speed issue.
-skito
Moleboy
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Moleboy »

Mmm sorry about this, I'll double check everything tonight after work, see if i can tell where I've gone wrong.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

don't worry, it may be just my problem playing it back too, thanks for trying to check again! can anyone else try?
-skito
Moleboy
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Moleboy »

Sorry about the delay, Ive checked this and its my fault for not deleting my NVRAM i think.
I can either re-submit it with my NVRAM or if you prefer, cancel this entry and i'll try and re-do it and get a similiar score with a blank NVRAM(maybe a better score you never know).
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

the only choice is to record again with out nvram, sorry, on the good side you will probably get a better score in another recording.
-skito
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: mrdrillr

Post by Weehawk »

Chad wrote:...i think wolfmame would NOT be a cause of a speed issue.
Sure it would. Without WolfMAME it is rather difficult to prove that a recording was not done at the required framerate, isn't it?
John Cunningham (JTC)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Weehawk wrote:
Sure it would. Without WolfMAME it is rather difficult to prove that a recording was not done at the required framerate, isn't it?
was responding to
Moleboy wrote:Had to use Mame32 due to slowdown in Wolfmame
maybe should have said, "I think wolfmame would NOT be a cause of a slowdown issue, because effectivley it is the same program as mame, there are a few cpu cycles wolfmame uses that regular mame does not but we are talking about less a millionth of a second wolfmame needs, which shouldn't affect effective speed at all.
-skito
Moleboy
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Moleboy »

I was going off Mahlemuit recomendations (look at his score in 5th place), I may have mistakenly believed he knew about these things that i dont.
To demonstrate how Namco System 12 games can be sped up a bit. This gives acceptable speed with auto frameskipping (speed can vary wildly - from fskip 0 to fskip 9 or so). You do still need quite a hefty system to run it well, though. Regular MAME used for speed reasons.
:?: :?:
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Chad wrote:
Weehawk wrote:
was responding to
Moleboy wrote:Had to use Mame32 due to slowdown in Wolfmame
maybe should have said, "I think wolfmame would NOT be a cause of a slowdown issue, because effectivley it is the same program as mame, there are a few cpu cycles wolfmame uses that regular mame does not but we are talking about less a millionth of a second wolfmame needs, which shouldn't affect effective speed at all.
I knew exactly what you were responding to, and what you meant.
John Cunningham (JTC)