IUR Dhurin - ckongpt2 - 218,300

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

IUR Dhurin - ckongpt2 - 218,300

Post by Barthax »

http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/9/7/e/iur ... mame30.zip
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/ckongpt2
Does not insert a credit. Note: this is MAME 0.30 and I had to extract the ROM zip file contents to folder ckong before MAME would recognise the ROMs. Tried with & without sound, also tried with MAME 0.31.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: IUR Dhurin - ckongpt2 - 218,300

Post by Chad »

am I unable test this one, damn dos mame, it will be a challenge to acquire very old rom versions. clrmame renamed my roms for this but I had an old copy with original dat filenames that old mame neeeds, it loads but I can't get video from that old of a mame. what machine/setup are you running those old mames from, dosbox?
-skito
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

How are you actually running this to play it back? (i.e. what are you typing on the command line?)
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

CrazyKongFan wrote:How are you actually running this to play it back? (i.e. what are you typing on the command line?)
Same as almost all DOS MAMEs: I have a batch file which does a shed-load of prep work but ultimately it boils down to:

<executable> <romset> -playback <inpfile-with-no-extension>

I have MAME 0.30 executable called m30.exe and so use:

m30.exe ckong -playback c2000

Notice that in MAME 0.30, the default set was ckong. If you want to try without sound, you'd need to add -soundcard 0 (sound card zero is "no sound card").
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

ok, finally got it to work. I tried various combos of using the inp with and without the inp directory and .inp, sometimes it would load, but wouldn't be playing back (I could insert a credit myself) and sometimes it'd show a black screen. I renamed it ckong.inp just in case it didn't like the filename at one point too. Anyway, here's what I used:
mame ckong -playback inp\ckong -640x480 (without the 640x480, it cut off the top and bottom)
Here's the result, using a screen grab of the dosbox window:
ck-218300-marp.png
ck-218300-marp.png (18.37 KiB) Viewed 9841 times
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

cool, thanks ckf. two playback failures and one playback success, we need one more playback success to confirm, I'll have to crack open dos box if barthax doesn't get to it sooner.
-skito
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Nice work, CKF. Still not playing back for me. :(
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Can anybody give input on these playback issues? If so, I was able to play this back to the advertised score in the same manner as CKF.
Attachments
iurckong.png
iurckong.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

thanks xelnia, anyone can help out here.

The rules are when three people who can't playback a recording then it is immediately zeroed (or changed to the lowest score all of them can playback to.) But, if two people can confirm a score then it will be reinstated to the advertised and playedbacked score. This one will be reinstated, but I also cannot play this back with dosbox. It does NOT insert a credit with my mame30 CRC=B93B912F. It does insert a credit when I use mame30 CRC=A136F9AD. So, I'd like to get some more information on how you are able to so me and barthax can get a clue on how to playback this and more recordings.

CrazyKongFan and xelnia please answer:
1) What is the CRC of the M30.exe if you zip that file and open in in a zip program to check the CRC number?
2) What version of cwsdpmi.exe are you using? or what is the CRC of that exe file? I cannot run mame in dosbox with out running cwsdpmi.exe first.
3) are you using sound? It looks as if DOSBOX sets a soundblaster environment variable, but still crashes mame when I enter sound blaster for sound.
-skito
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Chad wrote: CrazyKongFan and xelnia please answer:
1) What is the CRC of the M30.exe if you zip that file and open in in a zip program to check the CRC number?
I am using mame.exe found in the DOS binary version of MAME 0.30 that is currently available on the MAME Dev site. The CRC in that zip file is E3AC61BB.
2) What version of cwsdpmi.exe are you using? or what is the CRC of that exe file? I cannot run mame in dosbox with out running cwsdpmi.exe first.
Release 7. Zipping the exe gives me a CRC of A18C506D.
3) are you using sound? It looks as if DOSBOX sets a soundblaster environment variable, but still crashes mame when I enter sound blaster for sound.
I am able to play it back with no sound (0. Silence) and sound (1. Sound Blaster) options. However, even when choosing sound there is no actual sound playing.

Other notes:
1) The INP desyncs for me if there is preexisting high score information, regardless of sound options.
2) I am using DOSBox 0.74 on a Windows 8.1 laptop.
3) I do not have to run CWSDPMI before starting DOSBox. I place all the CWSDPMI-related files in the MAME directory.
4) The command I am using is:

Code: Select all

mame ckong -playback ck2000 -640x480
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

getting closer, now I have the same version of cwsdpmi, I had version 4. and the same version of mame30, I think I had the 586 version. But I still get no playback, and my hiscore file is removed, on start of playback highscore of 7650 (which I think is default?), but no credit no nuthin yet.

Does the playback recording start right away, or do you see the attract mode for a minute or two? Trying to determine if I'm giving up to soon when it appears not to playback.
-skito
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Chad wrote:getting closer, now I have the same version of cwsdpmi, I had version 4. and the same version of mame30, I think I had the 586 version. But I still get no playback, and my hiscore file is removed, on start of playback highscore of 7650 (which I think is default?), but no credit no nuthin yet.

Does the playback recording start right away, or do you see the attract mode for a minute or two? Trying to determine if I'm giving up to soon when it appears not to playback.
The game starts almost immediately.
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Chad wrote:thanks xelnia, anyone can help out here.

The rules are when three people who can't playback a recording then it is immediately zeroed (or changed to the lowest score all of them can playback to.) But, if two people can confirm a score then it will be reinstated to the advertised and playedbacked score. This one will be reinstated, but I also cannot play this back with dosbox. It does NOT insert a credit with my mame30 CRC=B93B912F. It does insert a credit when I use mame30 CRC=A136F9AD. So, I'd like to get some more information on how you are able to so me and barthax can get a clue on how to playback this and more recordings.

CrazyKongFan and xelnia please answer:
I'm showing FF892539 for the zipped up MAME30 executable CRC inside the mame30.zip file. I downloaded it here at MARP using the link below his zipped INP link on the scoreboard, since I didn't have that version.
I'm not sure which version I'm using...how do you tell? I downloaded cwsdpmi years ago and just copy it into whatever MAME directory I'm setting up when I download an old version. I don't run it first though, I just place it in the directory.
I used soundblaster for the sound card and get sound. It plays back both ways though, if I chose no sound or soundblaster. The game starts pretty much right away for me too. I'm using Vista Home Premium on a laptop, with dosbox .74 (as seen in my previous screenshot)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

ok, thanks for the info, caused me to retry and retry and eventually get to the root of the problem. Each time i play it back it never loaded the inp file (I could press credit immediately which means it never started playing anything back)

mame30.exe ckong -playback ckong

didn't work

mame30.exe ckong -playback ckong.inp

didn't work

mame30.exe ckong -playback inp/ckong.inp

didn't work

mame30.exe ckong -playback inp\ckong.inp

didn't work

mame30.exe ckong -playback inp/ckong

DID work. The inp file must be a full path expansion with out the .inp extension for mame30. You guys were probably extracting the inp file to the mame dir which is why ckong -playback ckong worked for you. Me and barthax likely extracted it to the inp or lower folder so we just have to include the full path of the inp file with out the .inp and it's fine. This one is confirmed for good, I think. Works with all 3 mame30 versions crcs shown in this thread (as long as you del hi\ckong.hi first.)

ALSO: dosbox dos work for me with sound, just every once in a while when I enter 1 for soundblaster it crashes mame in dos box, but if i run it again it works, proly dosbox just randomly conflicting with another audio app and not letting mame use audio randomly.
-skito
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Chad wrote:ok, thanks for the info, caused me to retry and retry and eventually get to the root of the problem. Each time i play it back it never loaded the inp file (I could press credit immediately which means it never started playing anything back)

mame30.exe ckong -playback inp/ckong

DID work. The inp file must be a full path expansion with out the .inp extension for mame30. You guys were probably extracting the inp file to the mame dir which is why ckong -playback ckong worked for you. Me and barthax likely extracted it to the inp or lower folder so we just have to include the full path of the inp file with out the .inp and it's fine. This one is confirmed for good, I think. Works with all 3 mame30 versions crcs shown in this thread (as long as you del hi\ckong.hi first.)
if you'll notice one of my replies above, that's how I finally got it to run too (although I used \ instead of /). Mine was in the inp directory.