berzerks

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

berzerks

Post by tar »

Barra swapped the spanish score for the french romset
it only works with that one , not the other
simpson99 should actually get the title back(1st place)
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/7/a/c/bar ... olf161.zip
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/6/3/4/bea ... olf161.zip
understand?
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: berzerks

Post by tar »

confirms wrote:Sun May 17 16:43:19 2015 : tar (tar) confirmed the berzerkf score of 13530 by simpsons99 (bea99)
Sun May 17 16:43:30 2015 : tar (tar) confirmed the berzerkf score of 13780 by Barra (bar)
two things ,
1. i forgot to mention that i now am using a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93 GHz, 504MB RAM
Hewet / Packard loaded with windows XP home edition service pack 3 /that i found in my closet . the tenants across the hall left it when they moved :) it is old i took it apart and blew the dust out of the case. probably a 2006 model , top of the line for that year - DVD and CD drive i took the extra ethernet card out .
has most periphials attatched to the mother board ( sound and graphics) but it has old graphics drivers (Glide) cannot do standard mame direct draw past say mame 152?
so i use GDI video setting in the display tab in mame 160 (with front end)or wolfmame161
that setting works when the folders are transfered to other mame builds (versions) i have a theory that software upgrades ,updates on old p.c. 's is bad. so, i just don't do them, but i do delete old unnessisary software componets in control panel . That being said , brings me back to the topic about Berzerk , no.2 thing is i can only playback and/or record certain files if i completely mute sound in Windows on the taskbar manually . berserkf was fine and so was the spanish until these last two uploads by Barra and BEA so i did some homework and figured it out finally! barra's spanish upload was actually recorded with the french rom set. using the dos box i typed
run wrote::\Program Files\mame\wolfmame-0161\mame.exe" berserkf -pb berserks.inp
now do you know what i mean?
Attachments
0003.png
0003.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 4692 times
0003.png
0003.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 4692 times
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: berzerks

Post by Barra »

Nice catch