PP - mjmyorn2 - 8

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

PP - mjmyorn2 - 8

Post by giro-X »

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/mjmyorn2
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/6/0/a/cum ... olf165.zip

Either the score had to be zero because this is a recording of a loss, or it has to be disqualified for inserting 2 credits (one has been put while in the middle of the hand) in a game where, starting with 1 credit, SCORE = CREDITS left when pressing ESC (mahjong tipe B)... surely it's not 8.
When the player pressed ESC to leave, an "8" was enlightened, but that was the score for a hand of 3 "han", enlightened in red because one random score of the table is doubled.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: PP - mjmyorn2 - 8

Post by Phil Lamat »

Fixed
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: PP - mjmyorn2 - 8 (OMG a wall of text)

Post by giro-X »

And he's up with another wrong submission. Score claimed now is 20 - and yeah, 20 credits are showed at the end, but guess what... magically 20 credits are being inserted before discarding last tile.
*sigh*
<captain obvious mode on>
Since the score is the number of credits left, credits which are being WON through matches, it is mandatory for this category of games (Mahjong BET) that you insert one only credit in the whole game.
Key 5 inserts one credit.
Key 6 inserts (in this game, [mjmyorn2]) 3 credits. (this has been pressed at the very end) --> it is a forbidden key for MARP inputs.
<captain obvious mode off>
This message I'm posting is not really a request for editors to check & fix the score claimed - I mean... Phil (example) would have immediately noticed and fixed it at his next login. This message is a way to talk to PP.

Dear PP, sadly, there is no way to contact you. No e-mail is showed next to your name when you upload stuff. No account in the forums seems to be related with yours in MARP. So we have no way to contact you, surely I do not have a way, thus I hope you are reading the forums and this post in particular, even without owning an account.

Uploading an input which has a mistake, ok, it happens.
Uploading more inputs which have same or similar mistakes... that starts to look unrespectful. I am excessively objective now as I state that "pressed keys have been so random and confused that we may not exclude that, inserting 17 coins worth 1 credit and 1 coin worth 3 credits right before the end of the match, has been part of the chaos and you didn't mean nor realize that you were inserting coins again". Though a subjective, common sense, would tell us this is just a joke.
I don't know how to behave with you. I'll stick with being serious and objective, so nobody gets hurted.

Mahjong is not really a "special" game, it's just a game, a simple game like there's plenty of other categories, but, being these arcade titles distributed almost exclusively in Japan (or Asia anyway), one of the very few countries where lot of people (compared to other countries) know how to play... there's no need to add explanation of rules, any "How to play" screen, and it is not immediate to learn how to play if you start from zero and nobody tells you this and that.
So, unless you want to maintain this "joke" or "unconcious-mistakes-behavior", you have two reasonable choices to go for.
A] stop sending fake replays at any mahjong title and, if you really want to jump into them, there's plenty of manuals and guides on the Internet teaching you how to play (and how could I not mention the link that's been placed in several places in MARP, of a page provided by our Phil, http://perso.numericable.fr/plamat/marp/mah.html )... learn how it works, learn how actions can be controlled in MAME and how arcade mahjong usually works, train yourself, watch others' replays, and then, when you think you have learnt, start submitting.
B] stop sending fake replays at any mahjong title and seek easy first places on easier to understand games.

Please. Because, today is an useless, hard BET mahjong that has nothing special (not even a catchy music), but tomorrow?

EDIT: Oh I see another BET mahjong has received a score with the same troubles. Talking about "but tomorrow"...
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Oh dear PP, you have registered into MARP forums, making yourself available for a talk.

Hello.

There's a message for you just above in this topic.