Has anyone experienced this playback error?

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

thegalagaking
Button Masher
Button Masher

Has anyone experienced this playback error?

Post by thegalagaking »

"The program or feature "/??/C:/Users/Stephen/Desktop/m33b2b/MAME.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

I'm trying to playback my Atari Tetris INP. It was originally recorded in m33b2.

Any help as to what I can do to get this INP to playback is greatly appreciated.

Stephen
Stephen Krogman
The "Real" Galaga King

Galaga - Arcade - 15,999,990
Galaga - Arcade [TGTS] - 6,815,500
Galaga - Arcade [Fast Fire] - 11,999,990 [unofficial]
Galaga - MAME - 6,800,910
Galaga - MAME - [TGTS] - 6,320,040
Galaga - MAME [Fast Fire] - 20,518,900
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Has anyone experienced this playback error?

Post by mahlemiut »

DOS version, presumably? Don't think modern Windows likes DOS programs all that much. You could try running the old DOS MAME within a modern MAME (old DOS, Win32 or possibly even Linux binaries, certainly up to 0.106 are known to work, but requires you to install the OS also), or the more simpler and faster option of running it in DOSBox. You could try the equivalent version of MAME32, that could potentially also work.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
thegalagaking
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by thegalagaking »

Thanks for responding, but unfortunately, I'm a bit lost in trying to figure out how to do this. I downloaded dosbox and tried to run mame in that but I'm getting this error: Load Error: No DPMI. This stuff's a bit out of my realm. Is there a ver of wolf MAME that I would be able to play back my INP in? If not, is there an easier way to run it in DOSbox? You mentioned to try and run it with a modern version of mame. What would be the name of the emulator file and I'll download it and give that a try?

Thanks again!
Stephen Krogman
The "Real" Galaga King

Galaga - Arcade - 15,999,990
Galaga - Arcade [TGTS] - 6,815,500
Galaga - Arcade [Fast Fire] - 11,999,990 [unofficial]
Galaga - MAME - 6,800,910
Galaga - MAME - [TGTS] - 6,320,040
Galaga - MAME [Fast Fire] - 20,518,900
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You need a DPMI handler, which is something Windows command prompts always provide. Look for CWSDPMI, that was what was typically used with MAME back in the day.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer