TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. »

Meanwhile someone uploaded a 504k inp, speed in fights is 50%-80%...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

PP. wrote:
mahlemiut wrote: Frameskipping does not make MAME emulate anything faster than 100%. Changing frameskipping level may cause a minor fluctuation in speed, but it's not something that will last more than half a second (if that).
Not to mention that frameskipping will not have much impact on speed, the main speed drain on ST-V is the emulation of the tightly synced CPUs, and there is no skipping that.
Then this is something new for you. Frameskipping really does more than 100% in this game. Why don't you try it yourself?
Don't be so headstrong, try it!
I did. Seems frameskip 10 (and 10 only) seems to auto-disable throttle. Would like to know when that feature snuck in.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

mahlemiut wrote: I did. Seems frameskip 10 (and 10 only) seems to auto-disable throttle. Would like to know when that feature snuck in.
Sorry, I didn't understand. Did you try to record an "ffreveng" inp? Did you see speed above 100 in non-fight moments with 10/10?

So, what do you think about my last ffrevenge inp? Is it legal?
And what about that funny upload of 504k?

Another one question,
watching an inp of another game, after I pressed f11 I saw written "2 partial updates", what does this mean?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

PP. wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand. Did you try to record an "ffreveng" inp? Did you see speed above 100 in non-fight moments with 10/10?
I am pretty confident that this is a bug, it only happens in this driver. Guess that means I can push it back on to Kale, he's done a large amount of the work on the ST-V/Saturn driver... ;)
Still doesn't change that the speed increase is happening, or how anyone can think that taking advantage of it is not cheating the system.
PP. wrote:So, what do you think about my last ffrevenge inp? Is it legal?
And what about that funny upload of 504k?
Haven't looked at it yet, but probably not likely.
PP. wrote:Another one question,
watching an inp of another game, after I pressed f11 I saw written "2 partial updates", what does this mean?
Partial updates are when changes are made to video output during the time the emulated screen is drawn. To clarify, it's often used for video changes that need to be done on a certain scanline (aka "raster effects").
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:No I' m talking for normal parent romsets like bubbletr, dunkshot, glpracr3, hoops96, sliver, strhoop.
"Airduel" is a great score and you can't put it together with "ltswords" which I now started and has a funny score.
You have a score of 87 on the parent romset of bubbletr, but on the clone (which used to be the original romset), Blost's score is 397? I don't really know much about this game but that doesn't look good.

Your airduel score may have taken more than 5 minutes of effort, but that score would be 5th place on the airduelm72 romset, which used to be the parent before it was renamed. You see what I'm getting at here?

There are only a few unplayeds now. Did you really believe that most/all of my clone uploads were unplayed?
Yes. If not you, then you saw saulonpb upload on a clone and started playing that too since you know he also spends very little effort on picking off a lot of unplayed clones. Although at least he actually tried with the Fighter's History clone sets. You uploaded scores of 1500, 1800, 1900, and 2600 on clone sets for that game. Scores like that mean you didn't even win a round against the first opponent, you literally landed a few attacks, lost on the first stage, and then uploaded the inp. Why bother?
BBH wrote:
I'm sorry I haven't spent the time to beat every low effort score that gets uploaded, because I simply don't care about the leaderboard to the degree that you do. Remember those DD Crew 1st places you had though? Why haven't you beaten my scores back on any of those?
Anyone could claim that can beat any game but he has no interest
The DD Crew games are not difficult case(same hit always) but needs much time. Right now I' m in competition with dozens of games and can't focus only to this.
You realize you just completely undid the point you were trying to make with that first sentence, right? You're in competition on "dozens of games" because you spend little effort on each game and then move on, but then more of your scores gets beaten because you're putting more targets on your back...
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: You have a score of 87 on the parent romset of bubbletr, but on the clone (which used to be the original romset), Blost's score is 397? I don't really know much about this game but that doesn't look good.

Your airduel score may have taken more than 5 minutes of effort, but that score would be 5th place on the airduelm72 romset, which used to be the parent before it was renamed. You see what I'm getting at here?
Are you sure those bubbletrs and airduels are exactly the same?
Not 5 minutes... something like 5 days.

BBH wrote: Yes. If not you, then you saw saulonpb upload on a clone and started playing that too since you know he also spends very little effort on picking off a lot of unplayed clones. Although at least he actually tried with the Fighter's History clone sets. You uploaded scores of 1500, 1800, 1900, and 2600 on clone sets for that game. Scores like that mean you didn't even win a round against the first opponent, you literally landed a few attacks, lost on the first stage, and then uploaded the inp. Why bother?
You don't follow the current action, it was me who uploaded a clone and Saulon started playing that too.
I don't like "Fighter's History", just entries. Don't forget I went 7th in the leaderboard within 1 month.
But, as I've said many times, right now only a few funny scores remain after so many competitions with some members.

BBH wrote: You're in competition on "dozens of games" because you spend little effort on each game and then move on, but then more of your scores gets beaten because you're putting more targets on your back...
What about all these I take back?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:Are you sure those bubbletrs and airduels are exactly the same?
Not 5 minutes... something like 5 days.
I'm not sure on Bubble Trouble but Air Duel is definitely the same. 5 days? Okay, I'm super rusty at it but I'll beat that Air Duel score in less than 5 days.
Don't forget I went 7th in the leaderboard within 1 month.
Are you really that proud of flooding the site with low-effort recordings on games that were mostly unplayed??
BBH wrote:
You're in competition on "dozens of games" because you spend little effort on each game and then move on, but then more of your scores gets beaten because you're putting more targets on your back...
What about all these I take back?
They usually end up getting beaten again, either by saulon or when somebody who actually knows how to play the game finds the clone romset. And then you move on to other unplayed games and the cycle begins anew...
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

PP. wrote: I saw TK's score is zeroed, why? The overall speed is >90%.
Its funny that you delete a great score like that for no reason, while many other bogus scores remain although they do not play...
Reminder:

d) At Marp, only 1 account is allowed per player ; if 2 accounts show same mail, or IP, or whatever proves to be created by a same player, only the first account will be kept

And, since you clearly have a problem into understanding English ...

δ) Στο Marp, μόνο 1 λογαριασμός επιτρέπεται ανά παίκτη? αν 2 λογαριασμοί παρουσιάζουν ίδια ταχυδρομείου, ή IP, ή ό, τι αποδεικνύεται να δημιουργηθεί από τον ίδιο παίκτη, μόνο ο πρώτος λογαριασμός θα τηρείται

You "both" used the same exploit, with similar speeds. Plus the quoted phrase really rings a bell towards that.
Do you really believe everybody here is moron except you? :roll:
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Oh PP I'm quite sure you missed my presence too in these days, there's so much stuff to read and reply to, that I find it quite amusing.
I would like just to add this clarification, since you love to go so deeply into details.
PP. wrote:Frankly, we did not use any -nothrottle or throttle 0 command.
According to your theory that TK2012 and PP are different players, different real individuals, then you should not be speaking of "we", how could you know that.

Oh right, you will now claim the obvious consequential reply, "I imagined" or "He told me in private", sure thing. Why don't you stop taking his defenses? It's not like guys in here take defenses of compatriots regardless of what they do, I mean, it's always better to put objection above fondness. He's an adult, he has shown to know how to use the basics of the internet... he can join back the forums and take his own stand on the matters that concern himself.
Of course, you are free to try to take up his defenses, to speak for him; then, accept as a fact that it will look suspicious, nonetheless.

In final addition, 504K score by SFCHAMPION also should not meet the speed requirements too (see, PP? No patriotism here.)
I agree with the removal* of all the scores at this game. Back to your submission, PP, having several seconds (not frames, ENTIRE SECONDS) of gameplay at 114% emulation speed, whether it is done on purpose or not, is not acceptable on any game, and not even if it happens by using MAME at 10/10 frameskip. What you had to do eventually, was to report the issue to MAMEdevs, and not upload any score at all.

(opinion below)
*Removal, not DQ. DQ is fine if there is at least one proper recording, deserving the top ranking. I didn't check Vaz's, if Vaz's score is acceptable in terms of speed then DQ is obviously fine. If all scores are only DQed, there would be 4 first places at 0 points, and that is not fair at all, even more after a 504K replay has been added.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Kale wrote:
Reminder:

d) At Marp, only 1 account is allowed per player ; if 2 accounts show same mail, or IP, or whatever proves to be created by a same player, only the first account will be kept

δ) Στο Marp, μόνο 1 λογαριασμός επιτρέπεται ανά παίκτη? αν 2 λογαριασμοί παρουσιάζουν ίδια ταχυδρομείου, ή IP, ή ό, τι αποδεικνύεται να δημιουργηθεί από τον ίδιο παίκτη, μόνο ο πρώτος λογαριασμός θα τηρείται

You "both" used the same exploit, with similar speeds. Plus the quoted phrase really rings a bell towards that.
You try to be smart but trust me, you are not.
There is same ip.
giro-X wrote:Oh PP I'm quite sure you missed my presence too in these days, there's so much stuff to read and reply to, that I find it quite amusing.
I would like just to add this clarification, since you love to go so deeply into details.

According to your theory that TK2012 and PP are different players, different real individuals, then you should not be speaking of "we", how could you know that.

Oh right, you will now claim the obvious consequential reply, "I imagined" or "He told me in private", sure thing. Why don't you stop taking his defenses? It's not like guys in here take defenses of compatriots regardless of what they do, I mean, it's always better to put objection above fondness. He's an adult, he has shown to know how to use the basics of the internet... he can join back the forums and take his own stand on the matters that concern himself.
Of course, you are free to try to take up his defenses, to speak for him; then, accept as a fact that it will look suspicious, nonetheless.

In final addition, 504K score by SFCHAMPION also should not meet the speed requirements too (see, PP? No patriotism here.)
I agree with the removal* of all the scores at this game. Back to your submission, PP, having several seconds (not frames, ENTIRE SECONDS) of gameplay at 114% emulation speed, whether it is done on purpose or not, is not acceptable on any game, and not even if it happens by using MAME at 10/10 frameskip. What you had to do eventually, was to report the issue to MAMEdevs, and not upload any score at all.
Where have you been? Vacation? Yes, I missed your funny posts.
Different players yes, but usually use same pc. We are closed friends.
The "ffreveng" case is now cleared. Must be >90% in fight scenes.

giro-X wrote:
(opinion below)
*Removal, not DQ. DQ is fine if there is at least one proper recording, deserving the top ranking. I didn't check Vaz's, if Vaz's score is acceptable in terms of speed then DQ is obviously fine. If all scores are only DQed, there would be 4 first places at 0 points, and that is not fair at all, even more after a 504K replay has been added.

You are 6 years here but you don't know the scoring system. When a score is zero(0), no place counts.
Last edited by PP. on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote:
Are you really that proud of flooding the site with low-effort recordings on games that were mostly unplayed??
Many players do that, so why not me too.

BBH wrote: They usually end up getting beaten again, either by saulon or when somebody who actually knows how to play the game finds the clone romset. And then you move on to other unplayed games and the cycle begins anew...
As I said, you do not follow the current action. Beaten again by me. I take back most of them.
About Saulon, don't forget his bogus scores. Why you don't fix them?

BBH wrote: I'm not sure on Bubble Trouble but Air Duel is definitely the same. 5 days? Okay, I'm super rusty at it but I'll beat that Air Duel score in less than 5 days.
Not my problem, use as many days you want, I'm not going to try again Air Duel.

I saw you made a hiscore in "bubbletr", why not in "bubbletrj" too?
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

PP. wrote:
Kale wrote:
Reminder:

You try to be smart but trust me, you are not.
There is same ip.
See? You blantantly admit you're TK with this, so your secondary "PP" account can be erased by editors, assuming they bother about it. :twisted:
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Kale wrote:
See? You blantantly admit you're TK with this, so your secondary "PP" account can be erased by editors, assuming they bother about it. :twisted:
"Blantantly" for you.
Is it forbidden for two players to use the same pc?
Kale wrote:
I said that several times, there was no any exploit. Stop accuse me for tricks.
Try "ffreveng" yourself and you 'll see same speed.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

You just admitted you have same IP, use same computer. We don't care at this point if you are 2 different players or a single player with bipolar disorder (yes, this is sarcasm), it is clearly stated that if 2 accounts show same IP, only the first account will be kept.
If you are really in such bad condition that 2 players are forced to use the same computer to record and upload replays, that's your matter, you will never be trustworthy; you hadn't had to start submitting scores as PP in the first place, or TK didn't have to let you use his computer to do that.

Furthermore, what a pleasure to discovered you are so obsessed about 1st places that you even tried to figure out if your DQed score at atombjt was counted or not towards leaderboard ranking. Yeah, in 6 (are they 6?) years I've been here, I should TOTALLY have known that scores tied at 0 points at first position are not counted (despite they still show on "1st only" list), because, you know, this happens on a daily basis. Everybody uploads replays at broken games or at unplayable games for speed factor, how stupid I have been! :roll: :roll: :roll:

But hey, you can relax. Not only because the more you speak, the more you are going towards the deletion of your account, but also because SFCHAMPION has re-uploaded a score which now playbacks at higher speed, i.m.o. at limit and still acceptable (there's moments below 90% and moments above 90%). And he doesn't go up to 114% or worse like you do, ever. So, we don't even have to talk about DQ or removal, you won't get that place in any case.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote:You just admitted you have same IP, use same computer.
It was not a secret. Besides, admin already knew it.

giro-X wrote: We don't care at this point if you are 2 different players or a single player with bipolar disorder (yes, this is sarcasm), it is clearly stated that if 2 accounts show same IP, only the first account will be kept.
So now what?
Can we hear admin's opinion about my case?

giro-X wrote: But hey, you can relax. Not only because the more you speak, the more you are going towards the deletion of your account, but also because SFCHAMPION has re-uploaded a score which now playbacks at higher speed, i.m.o. at limit and still acceptable (there's moments below 90% and moments above 90%). And he doesn't go up to 114% or worse like you do, ever. So, we don't even have to talk about DQ or removal, you won't get that place in any case.
I always speak in order to help site and the community. And I' m relaxed, don't worry.
Is this what you wish? the "deletion of my account"?...

About "ffreveng", there's a new upload, it is improved but again invalid. I watched first 5 minutes, speed in fight scenes is 80%-95%.
After all, this rom is "no play".