newfanta

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

User avatar
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:56 am
Location: 20 Grand Palace

Re: newfanta

Post by The TJT » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 pm

giro-X wrote: b) the playback worked for them (but didn't work for confirmers checking it).
PP. wrote: Is this a joke? Because you should know its not true.
No, it's not a joke. It's quite common that other confirmers have been able to playback a recording while you can't. It's a matter of different operating systems, machine setups and settings etc.

But if you make a recording and it doesn't playback even for you on same machine... then the odds that someone else would be able to playback it properly are close to zero. If you submit such a score then you are wasting other people's time who may spend a lot of time to try and playback the recording. One should always check out that the recording playbacks properly - ESPECIALLY with a game which has playback issues (usually games with analog controls aka mouse/joystick).

If you can't playback your own score... try recording again with different MAME settings/versions etc.
Marp Rules wrote:It is therefore a player's responsibility to double-check their recordings to ensure that they playback properly

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: newfanta

Post by BeeJay » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm

PP. wrote:Already answered.
Um, nope.
PP. wrote:But he did uploaded them.
Mum, Dad, he did it again. Enough already.
PP. wrote:I'm focused as much as everyone here. We all try to win. That's not bad.
Something which is truly quality recording for you, its rubbish for someone else. Open your mind.
My mind is not closed and you've already previously admitted to uploading rubbish, and this was just another example, so there's no reason to harp on about this yet again!

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: newfanta

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 am

Phil Lamat wrote: What's wrong with dsaber ? link ?
Game's page here
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dodgeman
You can also find it if you put the name in search box.

Discussion here
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/twrldc94a

The TJT wrote: No, it's not a joke. It's quite common that other confirmers have been able to playback a recording while you can't. It's a matter of different operating systems, machine setups and settings etc.
Give me an examble. An inp which a confirmer may play, but someone else cannot.
The TJT wrote: But if you make a recording and it doesn't playback even for you on same machine... then the odds that someone else would be able to playback it properly are close to zero.


Now this is contradictory.

User avatar
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:56 am
Location: 20 Grand Palace

Re: newfanta

Post by The TJT » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:35 am

PP. wrote: Give me an examble. An inp which a confirmer may play, but someone else cannot.
Countless. I've failed to playback confirmed scores many times.
The TJT wrote: But if you make a recording and it doesn't playback even for you on same machine... then the odds that someone else would be able to playback it properly are close to zero.
PP. wrote:Now this is contradictory.
Why do you think that?

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: newfanta

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 pm

The TJT wrote: Countless. I've failed to playback confirmed scores many times.
Just show me one inp like that.
Maybe you failed because you had wrong/bad rom?
The TJT wrote: Why do you think that?
Because on one hand you say it can be, on another hand you say it can't be.

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: newfanta

Post by BeeJay » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:19 am

The TJT wrote:Why do you think that?
PP. wrote:Because on one hand you say it can be, on another hand you say it can't be.
Actually, what he said with some paraphrasing from me was that if the person who recorded it can't even play it back using the same physical machine, operating system, roms and version of Mame then it's highly unlikely anyone else will be able to play it back either on their machine which is obviously a different physical machine and potentially a different OS as well.
The TJT wrote:But if you make a recording and it doesn't playback even for you on same machine... then the odds that someone else would be able to playback it properly are close to zero.
In other words, you wouldn't have encountered this, due to being relatively new, but TJT and others have been around long enough to know that Windows XP vs Windows 7 vs Win95 vs ... etc could make a difference to the success/failure of the playback even though the roms and Mame version used to attempt the playback were identical. Sometimes, even just a faster/different CPU but the same OS, roms and Mame version would be enough to make things go wrong, especially on games that are pushing the physical hardware to it's limits in order to run the emulation as that can make timing differences in CPU cycles etc affect the resulting runtime emulation. Other games also have issues with desynching if you are skipping frames, such as a lot of early Sega games. Those games may have been using things like raster interrupts or similar to do some of their time/randomness routines and skipped frames = missing IRQs = desync etc.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: newfanta

Post by PP. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 am

Recent Saulon's inp of "missw96c" plays only up to 230k, plz fix score.

User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Re: newfanta

Post by Phil Lamat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Fixed. Maybe you could share what you've found to make the inp correctly playbackable, so that competition stays fair ...

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: newfanta

Post by PP. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 am

Hey plz!! My inp of 902200 is normal. You can play it without dencync but in first try, it desyncs in second try.
Check it again and put it back(I can't put it back myself).

Inp here --> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=067 ... 3280869660

EDIT ok, now it does not play for me neither. I don't know what happens, via mame 169,182,183 shows stage 1 played in same way, then desyncs in stage 2.
But I swear, I was able to playback it normally to 902k. I did it twice. I can easily remake 902k or more, just wonder why this happens.
Can an experienced mamer give a thinking?

AND... btw, "galsnewk" does not playbacks too.
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/missw96c
Why its not deleted?

Post Reply