Mouse Attack, different settings

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Mouse Attack, different settings

Post by PP. »

This game(mouseatk) has different Dip Switches, 3 extra cheese.
So The Onion Knight won everybody with in fact smaller score...
What settings are right to use?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Mouse Attack, different settings

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:This game(mouseatk) has different Dip Switches, 3 extra cheese.
So The Onion Knight won everybody with in fact smaller score...
What settings are right to use?
Unless otherwise stated, Marp's rule 2j states that the romsets default settings, or TG settings, should be used.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: Unless otherwise stated, Marp's rule 2j states that the romsets default settings, or TG settings, should be used.
Thanks for the tip, but look what happens. Mame 186 has more lifes than older mames, so is it fair to play via 186 when the preexisting players used older mames?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:Mame 186 has more lifes than older mames, so is it fair to play via 186 when the preexisting players used older mames?
Why did you not put that detail into your original posting? That's a completely different question/statement and I'll step aside and let the rules co-ordinator deal with that.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

But I told it, 3 extra cheese.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:But I told it, 3 extra cheese.
What you didn't say was that the defaults had changed after a certain release. That is vital information to understand what you're actually meaning by that statement. It is also why once you had clarified what you meant I said it was something to leave for the rules coordinator rather than the score in question should be immediately zeroed because the recorder changed their settings away from the default settings.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I've changed special rules to match number of mouses smashed.
Both settings are allowed (old=5 mouses, or new=7 mouses)
With old settings, max score has been reached, let see who will be the first to reach 7
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Phil Lamat wrote:I've changed special rules to match number of mouses smashed.
Both settings are allowed (old=5 mouses, or new=7 mouses)
With old settings, max score has been reached, let see who will be the first to reach 7
Thanks for that Phil.

Question for PP: I notice from the logs that when Phil was editing the scores etc that he had to adjust your score from 9 to 5 whereas all the others who completed the game on the old settings had claimed 7 for their scores and The Onion Knight had a score of 8. This score by The Onion Knight is therefore less than your 9, which also doesn't match with the opening text of this thread where you said that he bet everyone elses scores because of the changed/easier settings (in a later Mame release). Could you explain what I'm missing, or have I somehow misinterpreted your statement (again)?
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

I don't get why bothering with this since it seems too easy -> archive?

Also why I'm talking about gameplay stuff in frikkin' Playbackability forum? :evil:
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: Question for PP: I notice from the logs that when Phil was editing the scores etc that he had to adjust your score from 9 to 5 whereas all the others who completed the game on the old settings had claimed 7 for their scores and The Onion Knight had a score of 8. This score by The Onion Knight is therefore less than your 9, which also doesn't match with the opening text of this thread where you said that he bet everyone elses scores because of the changed/easier settings (in a later Mame release). Could you explain what I'm missing, or have I somehow misinterpreted your statement (again)?
The Onion Knight played the newer/easier "Mouse Attack", and got 8 points. I informed here about the different settings of this game and at the same time uploaded my inp which was 9 points.
What is so strange?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Kale is right, looks like max score is easy to reach, this game could be archived if we get more ties on 1st.
No time to play it for now, I'm starting my holidays :)
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:The Onion Knight played the newer/easier "Mouse Attack", and got 8 points. I informed here about the different settings of this game and at the same time uploaded my inp which was 9 points.
What is so strange?
What is so strange is that the only upload to Mouse Attack showing in the upload logs since mid April was the upload by The Onion Knight?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: What is so strange is that the only upload to Mouse Attack showing in the upload logs since mid April was the upload by The Onion Knight?
No, before him there were those 4 players you see in game's page.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:No, before him there were those 4 players you see in game's page.
Sigh.... All of which happened before mid-April.