sfchampion - ffreveng: slow speed

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: sfchampion - ffreveng: slow speed

Post by BeeJay »

Followed a close 2nd by: "stop break my balls" ?!?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

BBH wrote:
giro-X wrote:I am barely surprised that you tolerated this many offenses before finally banning him. Even if it's only 7 days and only forum.
I do think the sentence is too light, but... whatever. If I had admin access he would have been banned a long time ago.
Just for the sake of clarification, my "you" was at plural - real administrators of the forum, and anyone who can influence them. I know you (BBH) can't ban users, and makes me feel less alone to know that "if this, then that", even I "if this", would have done the same.
I don't understand especially why concrete admins haven't applied a definitive ban yet just for the simple fact that PP admitted to share IP address/PC with TK. Where am I missing logical passages? PG3's double accounts were deleted in the past, then he adapted to the common rule and continued uploading on one only account, plus (I got the impression) that case was quite different, as it looked to me just a matter of appearance; PP's case instead is directly involved with filling rankings. But no matter the reason why multiple accounts for address happen, why one gets the ban and one doesn't?
And I did my part, I underlined it plenty of times on the threads where the discussion had place. Nothing ever happened, no explanation was given.
Admins (so I guess mahlemiut, zhorik, seymour, gameboy9 - in order of activity in forum, from most to less active), why?
That ban, at that time, would have prevented lot of awful experiences.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

giro-X wrote:That ban, at that time, would have prevented lot of awful experiences.
People just not fucking responding to him would eliminate most of the problem...
John Cunningham (JTC)
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Weehawk wrote:
giro-X wrote:That ban, at that time, would have prevented lot of awful experiences.
People just not fucking responding to him would eliminate most of the problem...
Also the forum and the entire site not existing would totally eliminate any problem. That seems flawless, doesn't it? Please... you can't be sure that getting the sh** in silence and pretending to not give attention will work with everyone.
This guy not only spams but he also breaks rules repeatedly, an absolute no-dialogue and no-speaking-about-his-actions isn't possible. Speaking for myself, I wrote some posts about the topics involving him when it first could be possible, in imagination, to stop him with just words and facts - once realized that didn't work and that nobody in charge of regolation cared enough to keep him quiet, I left, literally abandoned the forums for months.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

giro-X wrote:Also the forum and the entire site not existing would totally eliminate any problem. That seems flawless, doesn't it? Please... you can't be sure that getting the sh** in silence and pretending to not give attention will work with everyone.
You missed my point entirely.

Never mind.
John Cunningham (JTC)
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Weehawk wrote:People just not fucking responding to him would eliminate most of the problem...
I kept trying to tell myself not to feed the troll.... and failing miserably. :(
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote:I am barely surprised that you tolerated this many offenses before finally banning him. Even if it's only 7 days and only forum.
Then, do not wonder that people don't participate to forums that often anymore.
Tolerate who? 8O I' m the one who accepted insluts and a very ugly attitude from some people.
You were the one who welcomed me here 14 months ago.. and then you opened the trolldance. 10 against 1 =D>
I believe that site wants and encourage such things, because the interest is increasing. For the same reason they support haxors and unfair game.

BBH wrote:
I do think the sentence is too light, but... whatever. If I had admin access he would have been banned a long time ago.

He's decided to take all his anger out on me too, changing his upload descriptions to call me a haxor. I guess blindly accusing people of cheating is easier than having to actually get good at games, I suppose...
Anyone in my position would had anger, but now it's obvious that you are a haxor. You remind me that guy in RU(TodayIsForgotten) who can win anyone anytime in any game :lol:
On one hand you tell me "get good", on the other "you still try? you won't win" or "why you waste our time? you know you're not going to win in the end"... Decide what you want.

mahlemiut wrote: Now been done. For 7 days at least. PP is still welcome to submit scores, the ban only extends to the forums.
So you have admin rights? Where have you been all this time?
As I said 7 days or 7 months won't make any difference if you editors remain unfair. I can ignore the attacks from the trollgang, but fake scores beat my real ones is out of the question. If I wanted a broken site I had stayed in RU. So ban me permanently or delete my forum account, I joined here to help but it was a huge mistake, a lot of wasted time. Of course I won't upload any more inps.
Some of my scores(all 'miss', plus some other) have been created by TK2012, it is ok trasfer them to his account?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:Anyone in my position would had anger, but now it's obvious that you are a haxor. You remind me that guy in RU(TodayIsForgotten) who can win anyone anytime in any game :lol:
On one hand you tell me "get good", on the other "you still try? you won't win" or "why you waste our time? you know you're not going to win in the end"... Decide what you want.
Name one recording in which I cheated or hacked. Please provide your proof as to what I did in-game that proves hacking. If you're so sure to edit most of your recording descriptions for the sole purpose of calling me a haxor, then you must have some proof, right?
Some of my scores(all 'miss', plus some other) have been created by TK2012, it is ok trasfer them to his account?
Kale was right..........
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

BBH wrote:
PP. wrote:Some of my scores(all 'miss', plus some other) have been created by TK2012, it is ok trasfer them to his account?
Kale was right..........
Ok. That's a clear admission of breaking the rule of only one person per account, which is even more problematic than them using the same machine. It's therefore probably time to kill off both of these accounts as we can no longer trust that all of these scores came from only a single player, especially now that they've admitted to not only sharing the same computer but openly admitting to submitting scores that they didn't create themselves.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

BeeJay wrote:
BBH wrote:
PP. wrote:Some of my scores(all 'miss', plus some other) have been created by TK2012, it is ok trasfer them to his account?
Kale was right..........
Ok. That's a clear admission of breaking the rule of only one person per account, which is even more problematic than them using the same machine. It's therefore probably time to kill off both of these accounts as we can no longer trust that all of these scores came from only a single player, especially now that they've admitted to not only sharing the same computer but openly admitting to submitting scores that they didn't create themselves.
Indeed, this is simply an admission of cheating. I'd pretend to be surprised at this point or something...
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: Name one recording in which I cheated or hacked. Please provide your proof as to what I did in-game that proves hacking. If you're so sure to edit most of your recording descriptions for the sole purpose of calling me a haxor, then you must have some proof, right?
It's quite obvious to anyone who is not stupid. You moderate, check inps, you write tons of garbage in the forum and at the same time you upload dozens of first place scores...
And you' re so sure that I can't win you, as you write in comments. Site supports you, same with Saulon.
Which are your proofs about all those lies you' ve said for me?

BeeJay wrote: Ok. That's a clear admission of breaking the rule of only one person per account, which is even more problematic than them using the same machine. It's therefore probably time to kill off both of these accounts as we can no longer trust that all of these scores came from only a single player, especially now that they've admitted to not only sharing the same computer but openly admitting to submitting scores that they didn't create themselves.
I asked for the two accounts to be one some months ago, but received no answer.

Haze wrote: Indeed, this is simply an admission of cheating.
Look who's talking... After so many insults against me and you dare to judge?
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

PP. wrote: I asked for the two accounts to be one some months ago, but received no answer.
So you want to steal ALL of somebody else's scores?!

or you're admitting you're the same person? which is no better...
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Steal?? no, I give. I said I will retire from here.

Btw I just checked "25pacmano-pac"
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/25pacmano-pac
the second player changed the default 3 lifes to 5. But his score was confirmed.
Imagine what would happen If I was the one who did that. Kale etc. people who run after me all the time...
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

PP. wrote:Steal?? no, I give. I said I will retire from here.
you can't 'give' scores, or 'take' scores.

scores belong to you and you only, using scores played by somebody else is cheating, doesn't matter if they were a gift. Having scores on your account that don't belong to you is instant ban material, it should result in ALL your scores being set to 0 as they can't be trusted.
Last edited by Haze on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

PP. wrote:Steal?? no, I give. I said I will retire from here.

Btw I just checked "25pacmano-pac"
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/25pacmano-pac
the second player changed the default 3 lifes to 5. But his score was confirmed.
Imagine what would happen If I was the one who did that. Kale etc. people who run after me all the time...
and as you've been told before 'confirmed' = plays to reported score.

doesn't mean there was no cheating, or no wrong settings, that is a separate discussion.