clones of Wboy

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

moreno-df
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

clones of Wboy

Post by moreno-df »

I have 2 clones of wboy ( wboy4 and wboy4u ), not have in the marp this clones for submit.

M O R E N O - D F. :D
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

All of the Wonderboy sets were renamed somtime during the b37-cycle.
As I recall it the romset names were changed like this:

Old name -> new name

wboy -> wboyo
wboy2 -> wboy3
wboy3 -> wboy
wboy4 -> wboy2
wboy4u -> wboy2u

Since MARP uses the latest rom names this means that if you want to submit a wboy4 game recorded with mame 36 you have to submit it as wboy2.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

I was wondering about that...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
cso2040
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by cso2040 »

:?: And what should I do if I want to submit a recording for a clone that is not listed at the records page?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

cso2040 wrote::?: And what should I do if I want to submit a recording for a clone that is not listed at the records page?
I think the answer to that is you can only submit gamenames that are valid for the current latest version of mame. If you have a recording with an older version of mame that maps to "gamename1" you'll have to find the name change history (once available from http://www.mame.dk) to get which current "gamename2" mapped to "gamename1".

In other words, get the latetest version of mame, do mame -listclones wboy , and the output of that will show you which versions of wboy are available for current submission.
-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

So,what's the need in having in the database removed sets like rtypeb or gcastle?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

i couldn't find rtypeb's but the gcastles I found should have been moved to the right clone rom name that took over it's rom. Mistakes happen or more likely things don't get done because there's lots of other stuff to do.

From Abbes's response, if you record wboy4 with an older version of mame you must upload as wboy2 (and state in the description that you used wboy4 romname), if you record wboy4u use wboy2u, etc. Or you can just use the current version of mame and play the game name that you record, mame wboy2 -record wboy2
-skito
cso2040
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by cso2040 »

Chad wrote: I think the answer to that is you can only submit gamenames that are valid for the current latest version of mame. If you have a recording with an older version of mame that maps to "gamename1" you'll have to find the name change history (once available from http://www.mame.dk) to get which current "gamename2" mapped to "gamename1".

In other words, get the latetest version of mame, do mame -listclones wboy , and the output of that will show you which versions of wboy are available for current submission.
Thanks for your reply Chad but I wasn't refering only to wboy, actualy I was refering to a clone (of any game) that is valid for the latest version of MAME and it's not listed at the records page (i.e. there are no records for that particular clone) for example: xmcotau is a clone of xmcota in the current version of MAME, but there are no recordings for this clone at MARP. So my question would be: can I submit recordings of games that are not listed at MARP even when they are valid for the current MAME release?

(Sorry for my Engrish :oops: )
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

If there are no scores for a game, then it's pretty likely that it doesn't work (either the clone itself, or just playback). But if it does, then you're lucky. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
cso2040
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by cso2040 »

mahlemiut wrote:If there are no scores for a game, then it's pretty likely that it doesn't work (either the clone itself, or just playback). But if it does, then you're lucky. :)
Well, xmcotau works fine and seems to playback correctly.
I think I am lucky. :mrgreen:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

cso2040 wrote:Well, xmcotau works fine and seems to playback correctly.
I think I am lucky. :mrgreen:
Must check that set out then. ;)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer