How to playback essekappa's latest rainbowe?

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

How to playback essekappa's latest rainbowe?

Post by tmorrow »

Recording -
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/ddr_rain ... mame59.zip

Confirm log says -
Fri Apr 26 06:20:58 2002 : mahlemiut@TeamPoppy (br) confirmed the rainbowe score of 91607570 by essekappa (ddr)

I can't play this back past 6 million using standard issue mame 0.59 :( I sincerely hope this isn't a dos only playback, but I'm fearing the worst.

Thanks,
Tim
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I'm affraid it is a dos only one: you may also need to change your opl options to match

ym2203opl = yes
ym3812opl = no
oplfm = no

to get it to playback in dos mame with sound.
-skito
essekappa
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by essekappa »

I've looked the mame.cfg file and it states only ym3812opl = no, there's no other setting about the ones you wrote, Chad. I even downloaded the win32 mame but the game looks awful with it; maybe Tim you should try the way Joey did, dosmame -nosound.
Anno 79 dell'era spaziale........
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

It played back perfectly (sorta) to the advertised score using DOS MAME 0.59, sound on. Unfortunately, I'm starting to really hate DOS MAME now...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

essekappa wrote:I've looked the mame.cfg file and it states only ym3812opl = no, there's no other setting about the ones you wrote, Chad. I even downloaded the win32 mame but the game looks awful with it; maybe Tim you should try the way Joey did, dosmame -nosound.
ddr: use -nohws with the win32 mame it will look much better (i'm guessing) the others that are missing have a default value, but i'm not saying it playsback with only those settings but it did for me.
-skito
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Thanks a lot guys for the help. I downloaded official dmame0.59 and with a standard cfg could playback DDR's excellent recording completely - albeit without sound from my Win2000 machine.

This illustrates that mame and dmame need to be split from the dropdown list on the submit page. As we've all noted more and more of late the two exe's no longer behave the same insofar as playback of inp's is concerned.

Thanks again,
Tim
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Yea, I agree.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

MAME probably ought to be put together with MAME32, seeing as they are more or less the same, just that MAME32 has a GUI.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

MAME and MAME32 seem to be very similar since the 32 bit console core became standard - if an inp plays back on on one then it plays back on the other. Has anyone found any exceptions? I agree that dosmame should be separated and mame/mame32 combined.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tmorrow wrote:MAME and MAME32 seem to be very similar since the 32 bit console core became standard - if an inp plays back on on one then it plays back on the other. Has anyone found any exceptions? I agree that dosmame should be separated and mame/mame32 combined.
ALL three must be separated, there are a few ipns where mame32 and mamew specification are required, this is one example

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/al_tappe ... _win53.zip

(at least i can't play it back with mamew53)
-skito