WCC3 week 2 : FASTLANE

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Good Call Phil

I think that its important to note that while it is possible to leach, the longer its done the more difficult successive levels become, as opposed to hurrying through each level. Ex. Level 3, after leaching the first 2 levels, is pretty tough, trucks are faster and track better. This also extends to every level after, even when clearing levels as quick as possible. Almost as though score (or time of play) effects difficulty.

Sorry to all for causing the ruckus, Ive deleted my score in hopes of keeping the game and competion a little purer.
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

Stage 14 :D
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Phil Lamat wrote:IMPORTANT INFO :
As there is a leeching issue on this game, final week2 rankings will be made regarding :
1-nb of last stage reached
2-score

So please now, edit in your desc the nb of last level reached
so the leeching is allowed?? i ve noticed that after 1 stage leeching the truck at level ex 3 are faster but imo its no equal 2 point u earn at 1 stage :(

4 me leeching at stage 1 is crap :(
i wiil play without it :(
eventually i dont get any points
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

I think his point is that the game is harder the longer you play each level, so if you got to lv20 without leeching as fast as you can with only 300k that is easier than getting to lv19 with 500k but that because the higher score came from leeching on level 1 and maybe 5 and others the level reached is the marker. if the level reached is the same it goes to score...

but then if you leech you have more lives and so could progress further.

plus the levels can be patterned so all you need to do is work out the later levels on a leeched game and your laughing. maybe.

i think no leeching btw on this :S
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

wuzel wrote:so the leeching is allowed??
I think Phil's above means the stage reached will be the FIRST thing checked to decide placing. If there is more than 1 person that has played to the same #stages then their score will be the tiebreaker to decide the placing.

So score isn't that important....except for breaking ties.....which potentially could be important.
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

Since I still can't submit anything...
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

dskys wrote:I think his point is that the game is harder the longer you play each level, so if you got to lv20 without leeching as fast as you can with only 300k that is easier than getting to lv19 with 500k but that because the higher score came from leeching on level 1 and maybe 5 and others the level reached is the marker. if the level reached is the same it goes to score...

plus the levels can be patterned so all you need to do is work out the later levels on a leeched game and your laughing. maybe.

i think no leeching btw on this :S
idea is good but your point is closer 2 me - no leeching just pure game with only score
if it wasnt pattern game i would go 4 the little leeching but it is like we can see so..... :(
the patterns are the clue 2 this game - as it was last time with pacmania :)
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Phil Lamat wrote:IMPORTANT INFO :
As there is a leeching issue on this game, final week2 rankings will be made regarding :
1-nb of last stage reached
2-score

So please now, edit in your desc the nb of last level reached
JVRM's Rule Rulez ^^

Francois
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

dskys wrote:
I haven't consider that ;
I have an idea to avoid big leeching (which could be applied both for wcc & regular entries) :
why not disqualify any recording where a stage has been completed with more than 1 minute ?
(it can be easily verify with the bonus screen displayed when a stage is completed : more than 1 minute = 0 pt)

Waiting for your opinions ... you should be now more experimented than me on this game :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

the timming idea is good but dont know like the others but i sometimes have 2 stay longer in one stage or another just 2 finished it not 4 leeching
maybe it is due 2 my little experience at this game

this idea is better than stage and then score idea
i would say - no leeching at stage one at all
this stage is so simple that only 10 000 points bouns should be allowwed after it
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

I agree with wuzel, sometimes more than 1 minute is needed to finish a stage, it's easy enough to tell if someone is leeching in this game :)
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

I don't think leeching will be a problem if we score the games primarily by stage reached. You get extra men at 20k and 100k and that's it. No more extra men is awarded at 120k, 200k etc. Since 100k is reached anyway by level 6 or so, leeching will only make a difference if two players end at the same level.

It will of course be a problem if, or when, the game is fully patterned. But I really can't see that happening during this week. :)
-Abbe
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

how many levels are in this game?? 25 or 30??

dont know by myself but i think that 4 ex dax can easily pattern the whole game
first 15 stages have been already pattern and we got tuesday 2day :)

Still no Leeching
stages only and eventually drwa at 1 place is more than 1 player wiht all cleared :)
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Abbe wrote:I don't think leeching will be a problem if we score the games primarily by stage reached. You get extra men at 20k and 100k and that's it. No more extra men is awarded at 120k, 200k etc. Since 100k is reached anyway by level 6 or so, leeching will only make a difference if two players end at the same level.

It will of course be a problem if, or when, the game is fully patterned. But I really can't see that happening during this week. :)
obv i didnt read the attract screen and not getting past 130k hasn't shown me this :P
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Abbe wrote:I don't think leeching will be a problem if we score the games primarily by stage reached. You get extra men at 20k and 100k and that's it. No more extra men is awarded at 120k, 200k etc. Since 100k is reached anyway by level 6 or so, leeching will only make a difference if two players end at the same level.

I agree totally with you :)

Francois

PS : I hope to participate this time :)