WCC 3 week 4 : MUTANT FIGHTER (mutantf)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

destructor wrote:Do you test your method on all opponents Nanni? If no then how many opponents you can defeat this method, you know?
Perfect win only for one, but i can use it on 5 out of first 6 (triing something for perfect on more stages... but no time for working on)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Nanni wrote: but i can use it on 5 out of first 6 (triing something for perfect on more stages... but no time for working on)
:lol: :lol: Probably you have the same method as I :lol: :lol:
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

destructor wrote:
Nanni wrote: but i can use it on 5 out of first 6 (triing something for perfect on more stages... but no time for working on)
:lol: :lol: Probably you have the same method as I :lol: :lol:
Then i think YOU win this round...
as usual :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

at the one hand this game is very simple (4 me joy is needed but maybe i m wrong)
at the other hand its very difficult - the clue is the perfect fight :(
no points 4 me form this round i think or maybe a signle one :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I found extra 100% method for Golem but only if he is fourth. This method don't give perfect bonus for energy. But in this situation I can't defeat Dragon :( .
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

golem dragon who are this guys :)
i cant defeat the 2 one :)

is this game so difficult or is everybody hiding their scores :)
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

wuzel wrote:...or is everybody hiding their scores :)
Bingo.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I don't hide my score, I only hide my methods. My score is 440k now. But I want make 500 - 600k maybe 700k. 1 million is impossible score for me.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

i m not hiding my score because i dont have any :)
my total numer of tries is 5 :)
i think i leave this round :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

:) With some luck (mega luck) I kill Golem as 6 opponent.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

My description in inp:
WCC3. No sound. Example inp. Look for submit date (13 september) and record date (19 september) and change this stupid rule 24h.
QRS:
[Why? so you can hide the scores to the last minute? -QRS-]

No to last minute. Each can set date in computer. There must be better rule.

I don't hide my score. I write it here on forum QRS. I hide only my own methods. If I (for example "I". Maybe any one else) submit inps and show my methods then some players can copy it without any effort and beat my score. Where is sense? (look for PacMania battle in K3).
There now in this round ( as well as in round 3) I know that I will make on Thursday or Friday the best result. I have very good methods for some opponents and I will not make anything more because game is to hard for me. I mastered it almost perfectively. But I am not sure whether someone does not play identically or has better methods.
It's tournament not regular MARP where I can tell and show you all what I know.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

If you think all it would take to beat you is to copy your methods, then you're sadly mistaken, unless your methods make the game so incredibly easy that maximumbob could beat it on his first try. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

i see where destructor is coming from though, because if someone finds a technique which gives you bonus points or something, you should be allowed to keep that method for urself...atleast till the end of the tourney. Otherwise you would just be finding a method to improve EVERYONE'S score, not just your own.

The 24 hr rule does not need to be changed though. It should be perfectly fine to record an inp the day before the due date and submit THAT one.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

I personally think the 24h rule needs to be amended. Not thrown out altogether but cleaned up some. The rule is there so players will feel compelled to submit a score that they feel they may not be able to better later. Currently one can avoid this by doing nothing more than changing the date on ones computer. Im assuming the judges check the inp properties and look to see when the inp date was modified. Im personally not doing this as I feel it to be a nefarious method. Im just keeping a current inp on hand, always recorded within 24h. But others might and probably are.

Ive thought long and hard for a solution to this problem and haven't really come up with anything thats fool proof. A perfect solution would be to make the inps temporarily off limits for downloading so other players can't view them(except judges), at least until the round is over. This would allow players to submit recoring without the fear of having their methods and tricks stolen. Players will feel more comfortable knowing their secrets are safe until the end of the round. Chances are more inps would get submitted throughout the week instead of the last day. This would accompish the same thing the 24h rule is currently failing to accomplish.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

O. Dax. What high is your score now? Can you tell?

I have some idea about rule 24h.
But this requires hard work. It would require writing script (or program) which would generate code. It would be accessible under link for players in tournament or code would be public. Code would be different for every day of tournament. But in this case option record in wolfmame would have to possess the option of recording with code (write this code to inp). In this way player wanting record inp could not record it in 13 september with date from 14 september and later. Rule 24h made sense then.
But I do not know how to do write this script nor I do not know to do changes in record option in wolfmame. I'm only player. :wink: