WCC 3 week 4 : MUTANT FIGHTER (mutantf)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

WCC 3 week 4 : MUTANT FIGHTER (mutantf)

Post by Phil Lamat »

This week : a fighter
(I've chosen this one because there is not a lot of scores on it yet)

You can upload from now
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Maybe there'll be a playable game for round 5? not being funny, but this is shiiiite hehehe :)

Maybe a little clue as to why there are so few scores uploaded for this is that it's unplayable, the controls are pitifully unresponsive and it's boring as hell to play?

Or maybe it's just me ;)

Adi
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes it's unplayable.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

i agree
totaly unplayable :(
movement and punches are bottom suck :(
managed 2 beat 2 first guys but making the same moves with controls i got different punches :(

stupid as hell
after totally ql previous game this suck ass
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

I actually played this game back in December of 1994 in an arcade (along with other cabinets I would only see once such as Toobin', Wonderboy, and Nintendo Super System). Not a big fan of this one myself, and I consider myself lucky if I can get past the third stage.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Very simple game :) Each can finish it easy with maximum energy :) I try finish it today :) Maybe this round will be lucky for HotTeam. :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Bleh. Golem has to more energy. Hydra isn't easy too.

Yes. Hydra defeated.
But Golem not. Advice to Golem "Use his weight against him". What it mean?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You have three more stages at the most to finish yet. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

O. Mahlemiut. I look inp from MARP 1st. How you throw opponents? I still lost in wrestle :( . I win on 5 stages. I can't finish 6 stage. Perhaps wrestle is the key. :?: :!: :idea: :?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

When grappling, you basically just need to hold a direction, and bash the crap out of either button :) Button A has weaker (and probably easier to pull off) moves than Button B. Just spazzing out on the stick and buttons may help with countering moves too. Shoving your opponent left or right is about the easiest move to pull off (left+A or right+A, if I remember right).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

I thought Hotteam was quitting, I knew that would be an empty threat. After that initial anger wore off it didn't even take 24 hours to decide to rejoin, did it?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I rejoin, but I play less time now. I like tournaments. Regular MARP is for me less interesting. I don't know anything about wuzel and asn rejoin.
Unfortunate round 3. Heh. But if HotTeam would win round 3 probably I would win all WCC3 (25 points, Zteuer 14 and you Dax 7 - maybe Phil also therefore disqualify this scores :) ). Chances be even now(15, 14, 12). You have a chance to win Dax :wink:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

destructor wrote:But if HotTeam would win round 3 probably I would win all WCC3 (25 points, Zteuer 14 and you Dax 7 - maybe Phil also therefore disqualify this scores
CERTAINLY NOT
DeSangre
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by DeSangre »

destructor wrote: Unfortunate round 3.
Hi Destructor.
Let me tell that I appreciate you greatly as a player :) and that you would have deserved those 10 points any day. Still, my view about your teamplay on this WCC is a bit critical. 8) Why not call other 3 friends and teach them how to play uballoon so that to have 6 poland players in the first 6 spots using the very same technique? I find that playing and recording 3 people inps in the very same room on the very same computer (while a good and fun thing to do, generally) is not the optimum formula for tournament play. This gets even worse if you hide your inps.
In my opinion, records should be recorded on a different computer. :idea: Even I could msg Nanni and Sampras or essekappa to create an italian team that shares strategies and tactics and that posts only last minute inps for the WCC, but I don't, as I'd feel like it won't be very fun at all.

I basically suggest the Hot Team to record their inps separately and try not to hide their inps.
That would be a great advertisement for the Hotteam, as people would look at you not only as very good players, but as people who can win even without using this cheap tricks, which I am sure you can, given your excellent skills in arcade games.
Please, don't take this comments as a criticism, but as a way to make the competition funnier for everyone, and for you too. :D

Just a question, did you meet together to play fastlane and blockout too? :)

This said, keep up the good work, you are all very good to great players and I' m just talking for the whole WCC3's sake and not for my personal gain and/or status, as I really can't stand a chance against such good players.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Thanks for giving me a moral boost Des :wink: , but im also a realist. 1st place should be a forgone conclusion with you playing. The real battle will be for 2nd. After previewing mutantf, I think Im gonna be posting a goose egg this round. That will help re-allign my score ,I think since I didn't really deserve the 5 extra points in Rnd 3.
DeSangre wrote:I find that playing and recording 3 people inps in the very same room on the very same computer (while a good and fun thing to do, generally) is not the optimum formula for tournament play.
Well put.