WCC 3 week 9 : BLASTED

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Wuzel, destructor, congrats on finding another cure for insomnia.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

BBH wrote:I know the game doesn't even matter since Destructor's already won... but if the round doesn't matter, why continue to only submit recordings at the last hour? It's really sad.
Excellent point. I have an answer for it though. Its not about having fun and competing. Its about the pure joy of dominating and winning at all costs. Even if it means nefarious methods. Who cares as long as you win right? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

wuzel wrote:showing our method at the second day will cause that some player trying 2 beat a score at about 4 mln could died playing this game due 2 hunger :(
I think I understand what he's saying. They invested so much time, so much in fact that they nearly starved themselves to death from preoccupation(wonder how their bladders held up). It would have been giving up way too much to share the secret you sacrificed your own personal comfort for, maybe even some lost sleep over, and pined away for hours at, just to have one of the other players copy the method and submit a comparable score a few moments later. So in some small way I understand.

I haven't seen the inps because they use an obscure version of tgmame I don't have yet(possibly to better aid in hiding?). But id like to see the method they employed that so much blood and sweat went into.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

BBH wrote:
wuzel wrote: do what? hiding scores?? we talked about it some time ago and i dont want 2 do it again
HAHAHAHA. You don't expect anyone to believe that, do you?
maybe we are but 4 this particular game showing our method at the second day will cause that some player trying 2 beat a score at about 4 mln could died playing this game due 2 hunger :(
perhaps there could have been some discussion regarding the "method" if it had been shown earlier. But that can't be done when it isn't shown until the very end.

I know the game doesn't even matter since Destructor's already won... but if the round doesn't matter, why continue to only submit recordings at the last hour? It's really sad.
hey i find this method at about monday i email phil about it and he said :lets stay with points so what should i do?? put a 400 000 with this (rather lame i must say) method causing all players 2 use it??
this game was an example of bad selection - 2 short 4 stages and lame 4 points :(
u can think what u want, once again this is torunament (i know this is also only fun) ewerybody wants 2 be in the spotlight ;)
sorry guys maybe we are lame and stupid but i was happy 4 myself that i discovered sth (lame once again) and use it 2 be first
end of conversation 4 me
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

mahlemiut wrote:Wuzel, destructor, congrats on finding another cure for insomnia.
thx M - yet one funny post with all this punishing our style :(
even i know u sounds ironic :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:
BBH wrote:I know the game doesn't even matter since Destructor's already won... but if the round doesn't matter, why continue to only submit recordings at the last hour? It's really sad.
Excellent point. I have an answer for it though. Its not about having fun and competing. Its about the pure joy of dominating and winning at all costs. Even if it means nefarious methods. Who cares as long as you win right? :?: :?: :?: :?:
this is the winners adventage :)
i was joking
listen dax - i knew that it would be a discussion about this
i wonder what would u do when finding some kind of advantage at one game or another
when the game is clera 4 everybody we dont hide anything but when we discovered sth - sorry man it like with normal discoveries - IT YOURS :)
and u dont share with the others at once :(
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:
wuzel wrote:showing our method at the second day will cause that some player trying 2 beat a score at about 4 mln could died playing this game due 2 hunger :(
I think I understand what he's saying. They invested so much time, so much in fact that they nearly starved themselves to death from preoccupation(wonder how their bladders held up). It would have been giving up way too much to share the secret you sacrificed your own personal comfort for, maybe even some lost sleep over, and pined away for hours at, just to have one of the other players copy the method and submit a comparable score a few moments later. So in some small way I understand.

I haven't seen the inps because they use an obscure version of tgmame I don't have yet(possibly to better aid in hiding?). But id like to see the method they employed that so much blood and sweat went into.
damn u so wrong DAX :) this method is so lame and easy that u will be amazed :) and i find it at the very start of this round - my mail 2 will wes send at saturday i think :)
so lame so simple - no sacrifice nothing just a maybe luck maybe this kind of skill 2 find methods like this :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I submit later only for wuzel request. It's his method. I can't beat his score. It's no fair-play. I have highest score 1,6 mln :) that I make after my 800k :) With this method each can make 999.......... :)
Game with no sense and very hard.

Thanks for congrats.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

At wuzels request huh,

So were you originally not going to submit a score for this round? And wuzel talked you into submitting a second place score so he would gain 5 points on me instead of 3. Im sure if you had wanted to you could have gotten 1st but you're trying to help out your teammate get 2nd place. I can't say it feels fair that Im having to go against a two-man team. Shady, man :cry:
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

Dax wrote:At wuzels request huh,

So were you originally not going to submit a score for this round? And wuzel talked you into submitting a second place score so he would gain 5 points on me instead of 3. Im sure if you had wanted to you could have gotten 1st but you're trying to help out your teammate get 2nd place. I can't say it feels fair that Im having to go against a two-man team. Shady, man :cry:
at least you are not going against a team of the size of wrx2's
- Smraedis
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

SJK wrote:

Or the size of Des's...oh wait nvm

[/img]
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

errr...mistake
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

gamerya wrote:
SJK wrote:

Or the size of Des's...oh wait nvm

[/img]
I'm only 1 person :(
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Phil Lamat wrote:Points ..... if noone find a way for massive leeching (if so, I could change to stages first)
I know it's late to react, by I'm just back from travel ...

It's right that Wuzel mail me on monday to inform me that he had found a way to get more points (but without giving the nature of his method). Yes I should have been more curious, but with only 4 days left, I decide it was too late to change something ; and hell I didn't think there was a way to leech indefinitely and safely on this game :(

So I have to take a decision between :
1-zeroing the 2 leeching inputs like any "safe leeching" inp on Regular
2-canceling the whole round 9 (because my decision is coming very late)

Need some sleep, decision tomorrow.

What I can say from now is that there are 2 things I dislike very much :
1-Wuzel has hidden his method for everyone ... except Destructor
2-and Destructor has just score less than Wuzel so that he can get 10 pts
We're far from an individual challenge :(

And Wuzel & Destructor, can you tell us more about the blockout round : Buttermaker has prooved that 3 inputs were done on the same PC, you told us you hadn't met ... so ?????????????????
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Phil wrote:So I have to take a decision between :
1-zeroing the 2 leeching inputs like any "safe leeching" inp on Regular
2-canceling the whole round 9 (because my decision is coming very late)
Doesn't really seem right to penalize Wuzel for this since there's no specific prohibtion, especially if he tried to contact you about it in advance.

I'll comment a little on the technique in the poll thread.

Also, the results for week 9 don't seem terribly crucial under the circumstances.
Phil wrote:What I can say from now is that there are 2 things I dislike very much :
1-Wuzel has hidden his method for everyone ... except Destructor
2-and Destructor has just score less than Wuzel so that he can get 10 pts
Yeah, it sorta stinks, but again, there's no specific rule against it.
Phil wrote:And Wuzel & Destructor, can you tell us more about the blockout round : Buttermaker has prooved that 3 inputs were done on the same PC, you told us you hadn't met ... so ?????????????????
Now, this is serious.

If it were to be determined that one player submitted inps for others, I would be of the opinion that they should all be banned from WCC competition...forever. Maybe even from MARP completely.

At some point we have GOT to send the message that cheating is not tolerated here.

Otherwise we will be living with this shit forever.

I cannot overstate how strongly I feel about this.
John Cunningham (JTC)