WCC4 week 8 : ECOFGHTR

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

An Eco Fighters comment... I watched the 1007000 replay, and liked a lot of some StevenH techiques, mainly the beginning of the 5th stage and the boss too.

Joey, I did 1845700, playing just for fun (hmm... ok... playing to know the "potential", and to training the final stages too), however using SaveState :( But only SS between the stages.

My personal goal this week is 2millions, and I think is not needed many leeching to do it... only maximize the rounds. That 1845700 can be increased easily. Interestingly, this is my 3rd consecutive 2MILLIONS personal goal in WCC4... the 1st was Pass (reached 1842100), 2nd was Speed Coin (argh... 1922950) and this week... I am very far from it!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:By the way Barry... playing in the old TGMAME068, at the finish of the replay the fps average appear... the rest I didnt succeeded. I saw the -showuseage and no one command concerning it was found. Please, can somebody explain? (PS.: I know that exists mame32p89.exe and mamep89.exe. And is ok to run the WolfMAME using the prompt, but the wished statistics... nothing!) Some help?

Other question: the command -iv (-inputview) is allowed since which version?
AlphaMAME only ever displayed the average speed in the console, and the recorded speed (F11). That and the version were the only extra info stored.

-inpview was added after I did 0.84u2. I think the next one I released was an 0.85 version, from memory. So, 0.85 or later.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

JoeyL!!! Where is your score? I drink yesterday because I thought that you submit 1,6mln. I see no your score now and second bonus point for TRB. No no, next round I will be play :wink:
DES no drink, only play :wink:
Last edited by destructor on Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:(PS.: I know that exists mame32p89.exe and mamep89.exe. And is ok to run the WolfMAME using the prompt, but the wished statistics... nothing!)
An extra visual aid...
Attachments
console.png
console.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 24473 times
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Watch demo with weapon demonstration. And talk me how is possible to long shot with laser?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Third bonus point is for me.

Then 2 points for TRB and 1 for me.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Yes.
About the "statistics", I will try another day.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

TRB, I watched your inp 1,5 mln. You shot very fast almost as autofire (wih black ball). In your previous inps you shot slow 8O You fast learn to fast shoting. :roll:
Stupid death TRB. In this place you should go to up, not center of screen.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

destructor wrote:TRB, I watched your inp 1,5 mln. You shot very fast almost as autofire (wih black ball). In your previous inps you shot slow 8O You fast learn to fast shoting. :roll:
Well... ever I was not a good player at shot-em-ups games, but I like this style. So, my hits-by-seconds is not so good like a lot of friends, that played this style in arcade more time than me. But, modestly, my fingers are not the slowest of the world.

In the most part of the bosses, shot quickly is highly needed, including to receive the final stage bonus (80k, 40, 20, 10...) that is due the time delayed (I am not sure, but I think it counts only the BOSS time, and not the ALL STAGE time... do you know Destructor?).

In ECO FIGHTERS, that hurts the fingers. If you re-watch my INP, you will perceive I was tired in some parts, inlcluding during the bosses... and my shots are slower. Due this exhaustion, when I start a new game, in the most part, I played the Stage 1 using only one finger. :)

Well, I dont watched your INP yet... I will do it now.
destructor wrote:Stupid death TRB. In this place you should go to up, not center of screen.
Are you meaning my last death? If YES, I dont knew about it. Well... I EVER stayed at the center, and a bit after my death, I go up following the lasers, between the lasers. Thank you Destructor, I will try it next time. :)

Yes... so this last death was really stupid... but at least I don't died in the starting 4 rounds by foolish way. After a lot of bosses that demand rapid-fire, with fingers hurting, I think is acceptable ;)
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:My personal goal this week is 2millions, and I think is not needed many leeching to do it... only maximize the rounds. That 1845700 can be increased easily.
Well, is NOT so easy to do it :( Only if is for Sikraiken, that just dominated the game (1 credit completitions). Btw... where is Sikraiken record?!?!?!

More one time... I don't reached my personal goal... and each time I am staying FAR from it, hehhehe :)
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Ops...
Congratulations, Destructor!!!
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:In the most part of the bosses, shot quickly is highly needed, including to receive the final stage bonus (80k, 40, 20, 10...) that is due the time delayed (I am not sure, but I think it counts only the BOSS time, and not the ALL STAGE time... do you know Destructor?).
It count only the BOSS time.
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
destructor wrote:Stupid death TRB. In this place you should go to up, not center of screen.

Are you meaning my last death? If YES, I dont knew about it. Well... I EVER stayed at the center, and a bit after my death, I go up following the lasers, between the lasers. Thank you Destructor, I will try it next time.
YES, I talk about your last death. On upper-middle you are untouchable.

I don't know how is possible to made 2,5mln on this game :roll: There is invisible timer and you can't leech too long.

PS. I think you or I can finish this game after WCC. And TRB, remember about Pass.
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:Ops...
Congratulations, Destructor!!!
Thanks.
Now I can rest until end of year and prepare strenght for year 2005. Maybe we meet in Knockout tournament in next year. Best with fight head-to-head style.
Very good players TRB and Ace13. 8)
And very good scores in this tournament, all 1st places destroyed. :wink:
Last edited by destructor on Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I must add, after 8 weeks, that you're 4-4 for the wins
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Destructor wrote:Show demo with weapon demonstration. And talk me how is possible to long shot with laser?
I really don't know, too.

Other very curious thing... is possible to shot in 32 different positions, but in demonstration, look at the angle that the computer shoot... it seems have more than 32 ways!!! Very odd!!!