Discussion about MARP's Time Trial Competition
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net/timetrial

Moderator: giro-X

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 1 - Knights Of The Round

Post by giro-X »

Didn't want to wait another moment, as I got it, I've submitted new score... yeah, I've risen up a little bit! :D
#-o if only the tall man on the 3rd stage didn't... aaah, that enemy pisses me off.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

I reached stage 3 and the floor before of Arlon's room
Damn if I understand what substages is it
explain me plz #-o
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Marco Marocco wrote:I reached stage 3 and the floor before of Arlon's room
Damn if I understand what substages is it
explain me plz #-o
How many staircases did you climb? If zero, one substage (most likely), if one, two substages, and if two, three substages. Also three substages if you reached the boss.

If you're not completely sure, just submit an arbitrary score and I'll figure it out.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

gameboy9 wrote: @Agodzilla: Looking at your previous recording, you had the same issue as Rax did earlier in the competition:
gameboy9 wrote:Rax:
Unfortunately, while the X was over the second pawn on the stage 3 map, the rules of this game stipulate that only when the screen fades out and back in is when a substage is completed, which doesn't happen until the stairs of the 2nd substage, so you're given credit for only one substage completed. Therefore, your score on MARP should be reduced by 10,000.

But in this case, that would make your submitted score worse than your current high score, so I'll keep your previously confirmed recording as your high score on the leaderboard.
hmpf..just as i thought..ok,let's go trying for a real improvement,even this kind of a game is quite hard for me.
Thanks anyhow GB9,I'll do some other tries before time runs out :)
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

@Chronos: Same thing that Rax and Agodzilla did will result in a 10,000 point reduction... I probably should have said that if the pawn gets x'd in the 3rd stage that counts as the end of the 2nd substage, but I can't change the rules now... :(
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

"Arlon pisses me off" is becoming my motto, by this pace... :x
Damn it, now that I found a "small" way to defeat him, I still lose all 2 lifes to him, and one day... ehm, 20 hours are remaining. Not counting routine of everyday hours that go away, i have more or less 6 hours to at least reach stage 4.
:( and in 5 hours i only got better for 18 seconds... but they are useless this way.

Anyway, just for fun, I've rarely made 42 seconds on 1st stage, this is my satisfaction for now :D
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I don't surrender, I've finally reached 4th stage. It all depends on my patience and hands strenght...

#-o if only i could have reached this goal before...
Chrono256
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Chrono256 »

gameboy9 wrote:@Chronos: Same thing that Rax and Agodzilla did will result in a 10,000 point reduction... I probably should have said that if the pawn gets x'd in the 3rd stage that counts as the end of the 2nd substage, but I can't change the rules now... :(
Damn, I understand. That's my fault 'cause I read too approximately the first lines of this thread. Sorry for the mistake. :/
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

The scores for this round have been finalized. Turns out only two completed this challenge... I suspect a lot more will complete the next one though...
el_fumador
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el_fumador »

Giro-x, congratulations for your really good stages and strategy. You have made me feel the pressure, man. I knew that my first position was in serious danger in case you passed the third stage. Your first stage has been perfect.
You played with Arthur, the most balanced player. I chose Lancelot, less powerful but very fast executing his moves.
Yesterday, I was playing until late trying to improve my score and I was about to do it.
I reached boss Phantom with 2 lives. The first life almost full but I did a lot of stupid mistakes. I played so wrong versus Phantom that I lost my best opportunity to complete a great time.
I had a wildcard in my hands too.

In that inp my scores of time were:

Stage 1 0:53
Stage 2 2:29
Stage 3 5:53 (until then my best mark with difference)
Stage 4 (under 1:30 surely if completed) Only 3 hits more to defeat Phantom when I died. I was running like hell.

Congratulations for Dalar too. It's not easy to complete the 4 stages. Stage 3 was quite hard, specially if somebody losses the horse soon.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

el_fumador wrote:Giro-x, congratulations for your really good stages and strategy. You have made me feel the pressure, man. I knew that my first position was in serious danger in case you passed the third stage. Your first stage has been perfect.
You played with Arthur, the most balanced player. I chose Lancelot, less powerful but very fast executing his moves.
Yesterday, I was playing until late trying to improve my score and I was about to do it.
I reached boss Phantom with 2 lives. The first life almost full but I did a lot of stupid mistakes. I played so wrong versus Phantom that I lost my best opportunity to complete a great time.
I had a wildcard in my hands too.

In that inp my scores of time were:

Stage 1 0:53
Stage 2 2:29
Stage 3 5:53 (until then my best mark with difference)
Stage 4 (under 1:30 surely if completed) Only 3 hits more to defeat Phantom when I died. I was running like hell.

Congratulations for Dalar too. It's not easy to complete the 4 stages. Stage 3 was quite hard, specially if somebody losses the horse soon.
(arriving late, because... ugh, sometimes I don't read all the comments, even if I should and I have time to do it) Thank you man :D i guess the reasons behind my fast first stage are to be found on repeated tries to record a good game (in a week, 550 coins. I'm mad...) but you did a great work too, your times with 2nd stage and 3rd were really good, especially this 5:53 with no life lost on this unreached-aim-play :]
That was the difference, you first searched to efficiently beat the 4th boss, I first searched to improve times - and I paid it... :C