Back to MARP

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Back to MARP

Post by Cicca »

Hi Guys,
after a looooong :roll: absence from MARP (I submitted my last .inp sept 2000, and dropped in the meantime from 38th to 145th), that's my very first post here at the Board.... :?
I hope many of you still remember me ..... it will be a pleasure to live the MARP experience together again, guys.... :wink:

Well....what I've done the last 3 years...?! Apart lurking sometimes here at the board, and keeping updated with MAME releases, I've been completely absorbed from the MP3 scene, trading and downloading an impressive number of albums (damn !!! they never end.... #-o
I also joined a Counter-Strike clan, which activity is getting slower and slower....

What brought me back to MARP ?! The main reason that brought me to my first, and never ended love (arcade games) is the release of one of my favourite games, the mostly unknown Mustache Boy....and once started playing again arcades, the fever is getting high again....

So far, my intention is now to gain back some of my leader positions on the games I used to rule at, but a few things are changed in the meantime, so I guess I'd need some hints from you.....
For example....I guess the MAME ver to be used for recording .inps should be the last WolfMAME.....right...?!

Well...I hope I'll have the chance, and the time, to contribute to MARP, and to the board too, at least as I used to....

Ciao for now....
Cicca 8)
Frankie
Editor

Re: Back to MARP

Post by Frankie »

Cicca wrote:Hi Guys,
after a looooong :roll: absence from MARP (I submitted my last .inp sept 2000, and dropped in the meantime from 38th to 145th), that's my very first post here at the Board.... :?
I hope many of you still remember me ..... it will be a pleasure to live the MARP experience together again, guys.... :wink:
Welcome back Cicca.
Cicca wrote:What brought me back to MARP ?! The main reason that brought me to my first, and never ended love (arcade games) is the release of one of my favourite games, the mostly unknown Mustache Boy....and once started playing again arcades, the fever is getting high again....
So I guess my first place in that game is gone :) Fun game really, I look forward to see your recordings for it.
Cicca wrote:So far, my intention is now to gain back some of my leader positions on the games I used to rule at, but a few things are changed in the meantime, so I guess I'd need some hints from you.....
For example....I guess the MAME ver to be used for recording .inps should be the last WolfMAME.....right...?!
Yes, WolfMAME is the one to use.
Frankie
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Awesome! Welcome back, Cicca.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

Ditto....

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Ahh cool! One good old marper is back!! Welcome back!!
QRS
Baby Bonnie Hood
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Baby Bonnie Hood »

Frankie wrote:Yes, WolfMAME is the one to use.
Does this mean that any INP's made with anything that's not WolfMAME will not count?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

no any mame will count, but wolf mame is just cool and it (or alphamame) will proly still be used in tournaments and such so if you want to play in tournamnets its good to get used to the secureish mames, but at regular marp any mame will not be blocked for now.

oh and welcome back Cicca, where's the stats update? :)
-skito
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

welcome back Cicca.

at least with all those new MP3s, you can listen to something other than the music for Mustache Boy. ;)

Q.T.Quazar
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by JoustGod »

Good to see you back here at MARP, Cicca. Now all we need is Angry, Krool and JSW among others to find their way back... (BeeJay is kinda back at times ;-))
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Chad wrote:but wolf mame is just cool
I tried wolfmame for the first time in VirtualPC on my mac to watch a wolfmame inp and liked it.

I like how it shows the recorded speed and how when the inp file is complete it shows end of playback.

These kinds of features should actually get added into the MAME project IMHO.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

Ciao Cicca, mi ricordo della sfida a Bump'n Jump su IEP anni fa. Like you I love mp3. I only trade (for free) because I have a 56K. I have 530 cd, for a total of 5600 albums. What's your number Cicca ?
Other mame fans have a good mp3 collection ?
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I think we should try to tone down the mp3 talk here guys. At least about collections and trade etc.

Thanks.
Last edited by QRS on Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
QRS
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

My friends....thanks for welcoming me !!! :)
For any mp3 related discussion, feel free to PM me....

Chad....as I said in the old board, the stats died when a virus deleted all my .xls and .mdb files I used to make the stats tables and graphs....actually I should have posted a few lines in the Stats main page too.... :oops:

And now.... Push 1 UP start :lol:
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Cicca wrote:My friends....thanks for welcoming me !!! :)
For any mp3 related discussion, feel free to PM me....

Chad....as I said in the old board, the stats died when a virus deleted all my .xls and .mdb files I used to make the stats tables and graphs....actually I should have posted a few lines in the Stats main page too.... :oops:

And now.... Push 1 UP start :lol:
What are the "stats" pages btw?
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Click on "Stats" in the top frame at MARP.