WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:My secret clones have already formed a team. :)
No secret. They're out of the closet. :wink:
BBH wrote:seriously though, what do you people want done about WRX2?
Their most recent upload was with wolfmame. Perhaps there is enough "evidence" against them to require that they continue this practice. That would offer further evidence with time as it records information about the system which recorded the inp.
BBH wrote:Delete all their recordings/account?
If it were determined with enough certainty to warrant it, I would suggest that excluding them from leaderboard standing would be "punishment" enough.
BBH wrote:What is to stop them from making another account and uploading all those scores again?
As several of us have pointed out previously, if banning a player and deleting his recordings were the right thing to do, the fact that they might join under another name doesn't change that.

But anyway, don't you think it would be a little obvious in this case? :lol:

Why would they bother going to all that work if they were just going to get deleted again?
BBH wrote:But let's think about things - how can you be 100% sure that every recording on MARP was recorded by that person, and not by someone else?
8O
What does that have to do with anything?

If someone is convicted of a crime they need to be dealt with. The fact that others may get away with it is beside the point.

I really don't envy anyone the task of having to deal with those who don't follow the rules here, but I find that many of the arguments for not doing anything are specious.
John Cunningham (JTC)
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Everybody seems to be getting there knickers in a twist over this but I'm with BBH on this one. The only way anything is going to get done is if someone deletes their account, simple as that. If the account gets deleted then they shall return believe me. I remember the pickle him/they/it got in when we questioned their inps for slowdown let alone deleting 250 odd recordings.

Weehawk you say if someone is convicted of a crime then they should be dealt with but how do you prove they have done wrong? Have they (?) already been convicted then? For all you know it could be some gimpy kid who has never seen daylight or kissed a girl, that sits in a dark room a plays mame all day and night continuously. It is possible! Is suspiscion enough to warrant deleting months of recordings? I know rules are there for a reason but do we have any real way of enforcing them?

I just think here that people are more disheartened to see a sackload of 1st places go by the wayside more than anything else. The leaderboard is only a small part of marp, a bit of fun, the main reason of this site is so you can playback recordings of games being played to their limit by excellent players. That you can still do.
Darren
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

I could not care less about WRX2+leaderboard. If you are interested in the leaderboard I respect that etc, but for me that is not the important thing in this case. What I don´t like is that wrx2 is a team on one account. And that is regardless of lb or not.
QRS
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

DRN wrote:The only way anything is going to get done is if someone deletes their account
Weehawk wrote:I would suggest that excluding them from leaderboard standing would be "punishment" enough
DRN wrote:If the account gets deleted then they shall return believe me
Weehawk wrote:As several of us have pointed out previously, if banning a player and deleting his recordings were the right thing to do, the fact that they might join under another name doesn't change that.
DRN wrote:Weehawk you say if someone is convicted of a crime then they should be dealt with but how do you prove they have done wrong? Have they (?) already been convicted then?
8O
You missed my point there completely, nevermind.
DRN wrote:Is suspiscion enough to warrant deleting months of recordings?
LN2 wrote:there is no doubt that WRX2 is a team...not 1 person. That was figured out a few months ago
Novice wrote:WRX2=TeamKorea
Buttermaker wrote:By looking at all of WRX2's uploads it is very easy to tell apart the different players.
WRX2 (under a pseudonym) wrote:i think WRX2 is a "two man team".
Q.T.Quazar wrote:We've known they were a team for several months...
QRS wrote:WRX2 == a team. I am 100% sure about that.
Weehawk wrote:The theory that this is all the work of one person playing legitimately just doesn't seem to fit the observed data well at all.
DRN wrote:I know rules are there for a reason but do we have any real way of enforcing them?
Weehawk wrote:I really don't envy anyone the task of having to deal with those who don't follow the rules here, but I find that many of the arguments for not doing anything are specious.
John Cunningham (JTC)
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Ok fair enough, but if we are going to do it, then let's get on and do it! Wipe their account and then it's solved as this could go on for ever.
Darren
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

perhaps, as has been hinted at, the Editors could reach some kind of agreement and PM WRX2, asking the individual players to resubmit under individual aliases. if this fails, then other measures could be discussed...?

at least we would have a first step this way.

is this something everyone can agree on?
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I do not think WRX2's recordings should be deleted. "They" have some very nice replays. The editors should PM WRX2 to try to talk to "them" and see what is going on. If "they" don't respond, then perhaps "they" could be taken off the leaderboard until "they" explain what is going on. "They" seem to respond to messages in inp descriptions so maybe that would be another good way to contact "them."
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Delete inps? No. Better delete from leaderboard.
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

They now onviously want first place in the leader board though.

And if yous remember K the bamboo splitter deleting all of his inps and then WRX2 appeared like 2 days after it, most of the inps with scores very similar to K's and for the same games...

I'd prefer to just ban them cause it'd be easy to see them uploading again cause the games and scores they have are oh so easy to spot.
- Smraedis
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Buttermaker wrote:There are currently three illegal teams:

WRX2 (read above)

Donut (Donut and his wife)

Tombstones (Romulous and his brother The Elder)
You forgot BBH and his clones :D

Francois
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

SJK wrote: And if yous remember K the bamboo splitter deleting all of his inps and then WRX2 appeared like 2 days after it, most of the inps with scores very similar to K's and for the same games...
Good point :) And... K is first letter for... Korean...

Francois
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

zlk wrote:I do not think WRX2's recordings should be deleted.
I don't think anyone is asking for them to be "deleted".

They want them reorganized where the scores are assigned to the individual who accomplished each score.

They can have player names like

WRX2-Tom
WRX2-Dick
WRX2-Harry

for all I care...as long as each name is a different and unique person on their team.

To reorganize the inp files it would be easiest to just delete them and have the members reupload/submit them under their separate account names.

The net effect is just reorganizing them.
Then besides that being more fair to the leaderboard you get to learn more about each player on the team. Perhaps 1 is great at the shooters...and another at platform games but sucks at shooters etc.

Plus when posting or in communication with someone here you have a person's name you can address...instead of an ambigious WRX2 which really isn't any particular person.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Yes but hasn't WRX2 got a fake/bouncing/non-existent email address? Or am I getting him confused with K?
Darren
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

diabolik wrote:I don't know if he reads the forums, but the guy who registered to forum as WRX2 reads and answers his PM.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

I think WRX2 records couldn't be deleted.
A record is a record, he (ehm, they ) has a lot of good inps that are regulars, but since there are a lot of players who play for the leadership board, and spend a lot of time for it, I think WRX2 must be banned from the leadership board because he (they) broke the rules.
Why not a poll ?