Message for WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:Tar, you so craaaaaaaaaaazy
Crazy, hell.

I looked through the list myself, he just doesn't play any of the same games I do.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

Weehawk wrote:
Francois wrote:Many of these games have been created by japanese. I guess japan record are far higher than you thought on these games.
Of those quoted, I believe Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug are of Japanese origin.

And I have no idea what the Japanese records on them are, that's why I asked. I thought Novice might enlighten us a little.
Pac-Man: 999,990+
Donkey Kong: 999,900+
Dig Dug: 999,990+

just recognizing as maxed out.
if these game has enough counter, then high score will be higher.
Gaplus: 99,999,900+
Pac-Land:25,480,000
Camel try:9,999,990+ (not 999,990)
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

mahlemiut wrote:Naughty Tommi, posting links to ROMs. :roll:
Barry, sorry, I wasn't thinking straight 8)

Had some logic behind submitting rom link though: I figured out that having roms(+tables) would make playing the games much easier...

How can you have pussy pictures here? Now, that's naughty :oops:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

BBH wrote:Saying records for certain games are more important than the rest is retarded.
I think every high score is in and of itslef important. But maybe important was the wrong word to use. Maybe prestigious would be better.

Some games were wildly popular and obtained more mass market notoriety and appeal. Having the high score with some of these titles brings in a little more prestige, than say a game that barely broke the ice with the consuming public.

You have to admit that the battle for the centipede high score is probably a little more competitive than the space castle high score, simply because people are more familiar with it. And with it comes a certain amount of prestige.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Novice, not your fault or logic...but getting 999 999 at pacman is not score maximized.

You have said previously, maybe about 3 years ago that you don't know records for old games like these. How can you tell now? I don't forget things like these. I'm not sure about your claimed Donkey Kong score either, maybe you are now supplying information that is not accurate when it comes to truth.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Novice wrote: Donkey Kong: 999,900+
Are you sure about that? I think the official wr is arround 900k+, and it would be cool to see if someone really can break a mil on that game.

If you have any more info about that score, please post it here. Thanks
QRS
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I think he is lying.
There was big discussion at Twingalaxies old forum few years ago about BenJos Wahlbeehm's DK mame submission of little over 900K and legality concerning hes inp(which was ridiculous btw). Hisa was at that time taking part in the forums discussions, but never mentioned anything about score like that.

He also stated that Gamest don't have records of highscores that old.
I would have been interested to know about games like T&F and Phoenix etc.
He did say that Galaga record was deemed as marathon game and record was ummm...I think 10 million. Only the name of player who did it first has the credit.

I believe it's all about because he wants Japanese players look good. Don't ask me why...but regarding to hes previous postings, he seems to think that there are some national or racial issues that makes Japanese superior compared to other nationalities. These kind of persons have not made much good in world history. But don't worry he propably won't affect history one way or other.
Novice

Post by Novice »

The TJT wrote:I think he is lying.
Did I apply any wrong info ever?
I do not care "complaining loser beleave me or not"
but I certain I have a little bigger and a little better info/knowledge than complaining loser.

P.S.
by the way, "burning force" and "rompers" replay was removed quickly.
I heard "Noo.jp" is gamest record holder of these game.so I want to see them.
please re-upload/link if someone can.
Last edited by Novice on Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Novice wrote:Did I apply any wrong info ever?
Novice incorrectly wrote:This thread was grown up to second largest one of all history.
:twisted:
John Cunningham (JTC)
Novice

Post by Novice »

QRS wrote:
Novice wrote: Donkey Kong: 999,900+
Are you sure about that? I think the official wr is arround 900k+, and it would be cool to see if someone really can break a mil on that game.

If you have any more info about that score, please post it here. Thanks
Study Japanese and ask it for Mr. IHARA directry at 2ch page.
I (and most of 2ch reader) do not want to talk to him any more.
He was going to sell his over million points donkey kong play DVD on 100,000yen (9,000 US$)
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=6
The TJT wrote: I believe it's all about because he wants Japanese players look good. Don't ask me why...but regarding to hes previous postings, he seems to think that there are some national or racial issues that makes Japanese superior compared to other nationalities. These kind of persons have not made much good in world history. But don't worry he propably won't affect history one way or other.
???
Complaining loser is a complaining loser after all. :lol: :lol:
then beat gamest/arcadia record.it is much more worthy act than your zillions of complain.
"NEOGEO tittles "are unpopular among us.
so you may get WR. (it is not so easy yet)
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I have four of the "Noo.jp" replays. Anyone can PM me if they want them.

It is interesting that people are selling donkey kong replays on dvds in japan. Is anyone selling donpachi replays? 8O
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:but I certain I have a little bigger and a little better info/knowledge than complaining loser.
Novice, it surprises me you are reporting incomplete information that is quite misleading.

If that is even for an actual Donkey Kong game, that's not the official Donkey Kong at official settings then. If this guy had broken 1 million on an official Donkey Kong machine at correct settings it would have been big news where all of us would have heard about it also.

It's possible perhaps he had game settings where he gets many more start men than the standard settings for Donkey Kong..perhaps the max start men allowed (6). This would allow him to replay a screen 3 more times to amass 30+k more points for those 3 addiitional men he starts with.

Also, I have not played the Japan rom set versions of this game to know exactly what the differences are between that and the USA version. At first glance it seems like no difference but perhaps there is a difference like hammer time or barrel roll speed or bonus countdown speed or when you reach the kill screen that would allow for higher scores.

if so, that's fine, but then you can't compare that 1+ million score to any other scores. I'd bet that's what is happening for many scores you or other JP players have often bragged about. They have tons of WRs, but they are on easier Japanese rom set versions of the game perhaps at easier dip switch settings also. To compare those scores with the USA scores from TG isn't fair at all. If those top TG players had played the Japanese version of the game I'm sure they would match or top those Japanese scores in many or most cases.

Plus your pac-man 999,990+ comment. ...gimme a break. I'm sure several European and Asian players have reached the split-screen in pacman and have scores on the order of 3.1 to 3.3+ million.

Your knowledge seems to be totally lacking in these cases.

The real question is if any has had a "perfect" run of 3,333,180(3 start men) or 3,333,360(5 start men)...and if not what is the highest score...closest to perfect? Give the extreme recognition Billy Mitchell got in 1999 for his perfect pacman run it's clear that was the first officially recognized and verified perfect run...so the real question is if any Asians have managed to match what Billy Mitchell and a few other players have done since 1999?
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

LN2 wrote:
Novice wrote:but I certain I have a little bigger and a little better info/knowledge than complaining loser.
If this guy had broken 1 million on an official Donkey Kong machine at correct settings it would have been big news where all of us would have heard about it also.
When would we have heard about it? We don't hear about majority of the records made by anyone in Japan.
Novice

Post by Novice »

Blah......

Of course I mentioned US version donkey kong factry default(3men).
If you want to know detail, then ask some questions for Ihara-Kouta at 2ch.
He will teach you "how to get "triple jump (800)" constantly." if you are a rich man enough.

Pac man score is 3.1M-3.3M?
such thing is well known of course!!
simply not recognize such a boring act as important.
6 digits games high score is 999,990. just a definition.
MOTOS 2,653,800(perfet game) was acheaved easily.
so if pac man has 7th digits and 256 th stage does not has bug,perfect game is not do difficult work I think.
(not want to waste hours of times for tracing pattern)

and one more thing.
most of TG records are from US. I know.
WR discussion should be done after compare "THE RECORD OF YOUR WORLD"
compare the score of "gamest/arcadia/coin journal/basic magazine" records and TG record.
WR discussion should be done after....

P.S.
thank you very much zlk!
did you see it?
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE