Message for WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

This is getting old, childish and pointless. Just stop these silly arguments. Rick and Hisa will never agree on things like this, so why the idea of trying to change the others opinion? Stop it here and save yourself the trouble.

Cheers
QRS
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote: Pac-Man: 999,990+
Donkey Kong: 999,900+
Dig Dug: 999,990+
I've suspected something like that :)
Novice wrote: Camel try:9,999,990+ (not 999,990)
;)

Francois
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote:and one more thing.
most of TG records are from US. I know.
WR discussion should be done after compare "THE RECORD OF YOUR WORLD"
compare the score of "gamest/arcadia/coin journal/basic magazine" records and TG record.
WR discussion should be done after....
I totally agree, japan's players don't care of TG. It's a fact. And why they have over 90% on video games is because Video Games is a part of the japan culture. Everybody play, when we are 3 players in our arcade favorite who play to one title, they're many more in each japanese arcade who share info for that game. After that, its only training but without info, it's more difficult.

In other hand, I guess info for DK japan record is on many japan website but as we understand little of Japan Iragana, we haven't see the info.

Francois, a complainer who trust you, Hisa ;)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:I certain 10years are not enough for you to get 10^7-10.
it is not an easy act than you thinking of.
That's your belief. The fact on my very first try at warping I was able to do it some and get it in a bumper corner once to leech out about 2 million points and did a warp on another level to complete it pretty quickly(about 6 seconds) I'm pretty confident given just a few days of playing with warping I could get a 9.9 million score.

it can't be that hard if it only took me 10-20 attempts to do my very first warp into a bumper area. If it was hard it would take 100s of attempts to start figuring out the timing. I think the main reason I even had that much difficulty was because I use frameskip to have the game play at speed. With frameskip it likely makes it harder to have the control to do the warps versus at frameskip 0.

I think getting that would take less time than to learn the courses and play the game as intended to get really high scores.

Combine that with your demo inp doing the warping where it's clear you have very little skill at playing the game normally it all points to the warp trick being pretty trivial to do. you don't need to perfect it...even that 9.9 million inp the guy is trying 5-10 times before he does the right rotate timing to get the warp....and get it to warp to the right spot.

I have no interest in wasting time achieving that though. It's a pointless task and pointless way to play the game. It's not even Camel Try at that point but something 'else'.

Real gamers agree with this. Gamers play the games by the intended rules of the game on a competition level. For fun they might try other rules etc. but that's just for fun...not competition.

The warping stuff in cameltry can certainly be viewed as a cool and fun thing to do....fine. That's separate from playing the actual game. The competition factor is lost given the score maxes out and even if it didn't there is still a slight element of luck for each of the warps. it's not something you can get where you 100% control where the ball warps to.

You can get where on 5-10 attempts over 5-10 seconds you are successful on 1 attempt and that's good enough to enable you to reach 9.9 million.

Playing the game normally there is still very much a competition factor there. warping once you hit 9.9 million there is no point to playing the game again cuz you can't beat that score...and no one else can either.

I and most others would rather play the game using it's intended rules and have it be fun and competitive and a challenge versus using wrap tricks to make scoring moot.

It's pretty clear you and other JP players don't want real competition...but would rather just do anything the game allows to set as high of a score as possible.

Games and competition at games are pointless without standard rules all players play them by.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote:
Novice wrote:I certain 10years are not enough for you to get 10^7-10.
it is not an easy act than you thinking of.
That's your belief. The fact on my very first try at warping I was able to do it some and get it in a bumper corner once to leech out about 2 million points and did a warp on another level to complete it pretty quickly(about 6 seconds) I'm pretty confident given just a few days of playing with warping I could get a 9.9 million score.

he still complaining without skill /reason. Is he a stupid??
no one require his comments any more.

IF IT IS EASY THEN DO IT BY YOURSELF.
(maybe 100 times I have said.)

If it is not so difficult act, then you had better make it and prove it.
you already wrote hundreds of worthless biased nonsense opinion and show your stupidness.
to make a replay is much easier method to prove your word.

I certain you can not. so you just complain.
A LIAR is a LIAR after all.

sorry,QRS
I poited out LIARS lie again.
maybe it is endless. because complainig loser became a liar.
he can not (cannot is always do not) prove his words. :lol:
Last edited by Novice on Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

Camel try - I looked at it once / makes me dizzy
Pac-man - LN2 , what is your marp name (leaderboard)? / ccr is my brother , look at marp game search: pac-man / hangly - man
Donkey Kong? - are you a caveman (look at gamecube) nintendo
where have you been for 20 years?

---not speaking to any one specifically---

5000 games on mame
this discussion is lame
Last edited by tar on Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:If it is not so difficult act, then you had better make it and prove it.
I don't need to prove anything. Even when I sort of did in the past it's clear you aren't satisfied with it cuz you can't view the replay file since I use macmame.

Even with an inp of 2.3 million you essentially called me a liar and said I made it up...just cuz you can't view the replay.

This makes it just a total waste of time and doesn't achieve anything toward improving skill at playing the actual game of Camel Try.
I certain you can not. so you just complain.
You need to better understand what the word "complain" means. Discussing an issue isn't complaining. It's just discussing. Anyone presenting a different opinion from yours is called by you a complainer. They aren't at all. They just have a different view on things.
sorry,QRS
I poited out LIARS lie again.
maybe it is endless. because complainig loser became a liar.
he can not (cannot is always do not) prove their words.
It's odd you bring up QRS cuz I'm sure he feels exactly the same way I do about cameltry and knows my scores even though he can't view my replays are the actual scores I got.

Tell me what specifically I am lying about above? There is nothing there.
Some statements are opinions. If you don't agree with it it doesn't mean I'm lying.

Anyway, move on again. Your brought up cameltry and other stuff once again by claiming some scores obtained playing the game with odd techniques and tricks are superior skilled players just because they use the tricks. Most tricks require very little skill to achieve. There are others that do require quite a bit of skill. I'm not saying all etc. The above are about specific games.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

JTC & LN2
[img]http://www.photostogo.com/store/GetChub ... =FtFu}SQR7[/img]
the game police
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Weehawk wrote:
on 10/12/03 LN2 wrote:uuh, notice who suggested Camel Try. QRS...who has more of the firts place scores for the game than I do...
8O
Weehawk, that's not fair...cuz that is in a different context/thread and has nothing to do with warping etc. My mention of not discussing cameltry for months was in regards to this warp trick crap etc. I also haven't brought it up myself. It's in reply to someone else bringing it up.

Are you going to start stooping yourself down to Hisa's level? Please don't. It's bad enough to have Hisa after me. Just when after some posts he had showed no signs of attacking or disrespect he has reverted to his regular self. That's unfortunate for all of MARP.

I actually played a tad of macmame this morning...was first play in nearly 7 weeks...with an unofficial macmame PLUS 0.76 even.

If I can get the source to build myself perhaps it won't take much to add the "wolf" part to it.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

tar wrote:Camel try - I looked at it once / makes me dizzy
Pac-man - LN2 , what is your marp name (leaderboard)? / ccr is my brother , look at marp game search: pac-man / hangly - man
Donkey Kong? - are you a caveman (look at gamecube) nintendo
where have you been for 20 years?
Well, you could have easily found me using my "login" name in the search of "ln2".

However, my name is Rick Carter so you can find it that way also.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

LN2 wrote:Weehawk, that's not fair...cuz that is in a different context/thread
Sure, but when you said you "hadn't discussed it at all" I thought "Gee, I could have sworn he just mentioned it and the controversy involving the unnamed player very recently". I did a search and I was right.

No big deal.
LN2 wrote:Are you going to start stooping yourself down to Hisa's level? Please don't
Defcon = 6.99999999999

I'll raise it to 7 when you get a PC and the rest of the world can watch your recordings.

How is your wrist/thumb/whatever? I assume that is why you haven't been playing.
John Cunningham (JTC)
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

LN2
good scores on:
alpha one (major havoc)
super centipede
alpine ski
The Ghost Muncher
macintosh
do they work on windows?
I swear i thought i saw LN2 on top 3 page (3 million on pac-man)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Weehawk wrote:How is your wrist/thumb/whatever? I assume that is why you haven't been playing.
It actually was doing quite well....but I then partially reinjured/reaggravated it 4 days ago opening a jar of relish.

It doesn't interfere a lot with just using the keyboard and regular cursor keys.

I just don't have the time and overall had lost interest in playing games in MAME.

I refound a bit of that interest today with some play.
...mainly cuz I saw an unofficial macmame PLUS 0.76 was released.
it plays pretty well and has all the MAME Plus features it seems.

I have the source also...and might see what it takes to add the "wolf" stuff to it.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

tar wrote:LN2
good scores on:
alpha one (major havoc)
super centipede
alpine ski
The Ghost Muncher
macintosh
do they work on windows?
I don't think any of those are cross-platform compatible but the past 6 months had stopped booting up VirtualPC to test them for cross-platform compatibility like I used to do.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

I did a find files for Rick Carter on scores 3 document.
321,000 on millpac
1,000,000 on major havoc
936,000 on Crush Roller
3,320,000 on pac-man
171,000 on magic worm
241,000 on millipede
and more!
LN2 you are totally awesome at video games
I have respect now,
why hide your identity?
is there a 3 man limit on
Mello Yello Q-Bert ?