Important stuff about WolfMAME...

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

Important stuff about WolfMAME...

Post by mahlemiut »

http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmameplus-089u6.zip

With this version, I have added a function to create an extra file containing more settings and system info. The filename is the same as for the inp (except for the extension, obviously), and is stored in the same folder. I strongly urge everyone who uploads a recording using this version to include the .wlf file in your zip. This will give further proof of any cheating, as well give extra help for getting recordings to playback correctly. Knowing Skito, he'll probably want to make it a requirement :)

Also, I've included a quick 'fix' for the Pokey, which should make recordings work for numerous old Atari games. So far, it seems to work for Centipede and Gravitar - but more need to be tested (hopefully 720 will now work, Tommi :))
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

Great work mahlemiut, but how do I read wlf file ?
storm

cpu : P4 3gzh
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

wlfview.exe
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Forgot to mention - to override the forced settings (with the exception of -m68k_core, no point) just use -override on the commandline.
- Barry Rodewald
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

there is a god... :) now we can playback sound recordings with the nosound option! (if they are among the games that can do that) muchos gracias.
-skito
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Important stuff about WolfMAME...

Post by The TJT »

This will give further proof of any cheating, as well give extra help for getting recordings to playback correctly. Knowing Skito, he'll probably want to make it a requirement Smile
Well, it's good someone tries to get cheating outta here :cool:
Making wlf a requirement is ok, but if it comes to that, it should be discussed at regulation forum.
mahlemiut wrote: Also, I've included a quick 'fix' for the Pokey, which should make recordings work for numerous old Atari games. So far, it seems to work for Centipede and Gravitar - but more need to be tested (hopefully 720 will now work, Tommi :))
Greaty, if it fixes the problem...that makes 4 more clones to add into "my collection"....If Stunrunner playbacks too..then...fear the domination!!! :lol:
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

quick/stupid question

I'm unsure as to what the wlf file is supposed to do or show: If i try to run wlfview it says wlf file not found... where is it looking?

cheers
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

In the current dir.
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

You just gotta use the .wlf after the file name or it won´t work.
storm

cpu : P4 3gzh
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Best get spinning Tommi, they work. Just tried a German revision and it plays back no probs. 8O :D

Excellent work Barry!
Darren
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

HAHAA! :D
250k will be broken soon!?

My Tron panel craves to be plugged. It has felt so abandoned lately.
But before that I'll "take" couple first places with different controller...Then it'll be back to basics...Tron, 720, T&F :P
I don't seem to get EVER bored playing those games, damn they're good!
DGO
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Important stuff about WolfMAME...

Post by DGO »

mahlemiut wrote:http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmameplus-089u6.zip

With this version, I have added a function to create an extra file containing more settings and system info. The filename is the same as for the inp (except for the extension, obviously), and is stored in the same folder. I strongly urge everyone who uploads a recording using this version to include the .wlf file in your zip. This will give further proof of any cheating, as well give extra help for getting recordings to playback correctly. Knowing Skito, he'll probably want to make it a requirement :)

Also, I've included a quick 'fix' for the Pokey, which should make recordings work for numerous old Atari games. So far, it seems to work for Centipede and Gravitar - but more need to be tested (hopefully 720 will now work, Tommi :))

very nice.

Just curious: I'd expect some checks for illegal cheats in the wlf output file (f.e. autofire used) ? I'm just asking because I tested with autofire on, just to see if this was reported in the wlf file, but it isn't, is it?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Autofire is usually easy to see, especially when using the input viewer (-inpview). The editors also have tools to check for autofire too, and other stuff too. :)
- Barry Rodewald
DGO
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by DGO »

mahlemiut wrote:Autofire is usually easy to see, especially when using the input viewer (-inpview). The editors also have tools to check for autofire too, and other stuff too. :)
Aah, ok, I expected something like that, thanks.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Tommi,

Have you tried your spinner for 720 yet? I have a nasty feeling it may not work as the mamedevs changed the controller system for this game from dial to joystick at about 0.85. It no longer works for me anyway! I just get straight up, down, left, right movements. :evil:
Darren