Important stuff about WolfMAME...

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

this brings up a feature I had thought about for MAME that I posted about a couple years ago even.

...a way that on playback of a replay file...that it can be captured to a movie file.

You would have options to scale it down, framerate etc.

It likely would have to be a simple mpg or QT mov codec used that the OS by default has rights to allow encoding with.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

LN2 wrote:this brings up a feature I had thought about for MAME that I posted about a couple years ago even.

...a way that on playback of a replay file...that it can be captured to a movie file.

You would have options to scale it down, framerate etc.

It likely would have to be a simple mpg or QT mov codec used that the OS by default has rights to allow encoding with.
I'm pretty sure guimame allowed you to save as an avi file earlier. I can't find that option now.. is that feature removed from mame?
QRS
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The "Record as AVI" option was removed around 0.37b14, when MAME32 moved to the new video core. There are probably still a few derivatives that have this option out there.... somewhere...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

avi is just how it's muxed/interlaced. What was the video codec used?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

User's choice of what is available.
- Barry Rodewald
Locut0s
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Important stuff about WolfMAME...

Post by Locut0s »

mahlemiut wrote:http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmameplus-089u6.zip

With this version, I have added a function to create an extra file containing more settings and system info. The filename is the same as for the inp (except for the extension, obviously), and is stored in the same folder. I strongly urge everyone who uploads a recording using this version to include the .wlf file in your zip. This will give further proof of any cheating, as well give extra help for getting recordings to playback correctly. Knowing Skito, he'll probably want to make it a requirement :)

Also, I've included a quick 'fix' for the Pokey, which should make recordings work for numerous old Atari games. So far, it seems to work for Centipede and Gravitar - but more need to be tested (hopefully 720 will now work, Tommi :))
My comment's a bit late but... Nice work!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

In 0.93u1, I've slightly changed the fix for the Pokey RNG - it seems to give different stages in Centipede now, while remaining playbackable. It would be nice if it could be more thoroughly tested though, seeing as I suck at Centipede and all. :)

One more note: for those that rename their inps after recording, please remember to also rename the .wlf file too, WolfMAME will load/save it by the filename given in the -record/-playback option. This means you, Innuendo and Phil ;)
- Barry Rodewald
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

Wolf93u1 doesn't work for me. All I get is this error message. Same thing with cli and gui.

"Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"

Any ideas?
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (25.69 KiB) Viewed 10472 times
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I know. UPX fucked it up.

Re-uploading with uncompressed DLL at the moment. About an hour and ten minutes to go. If I'm lucky.

Final zip size will be 11,998,515 bytes.
EDIT: Re-upload completed after more than 2 hours at a miserly pace of 1.59KB/sec
- Barry Rodewald
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

I have some problems with outrun, it displays a inp speed like 156565757% and it never goes further than the music selection screen, is this because of the sound re-write or ...?
storm

cpu : P4 3gzh
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Hard to imagine a $ 41,397,046 application not working correctly! ...It must be a Windows problem :wink:

http://caesar.logiqx.com/team/pi/mamesloc.html
Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Donut »

Help! :( How do I open the 7Z file for WolfMAME .94? Obviously I don't have an associated program, and archive programs like WinZip and WinRAR don't work...
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

Donut wrote:Help! :( How do I open the 7Z file for WolfMAME .94? Obviously I don't have an associated program, and archive programs like WinZip and WinRAR don't work...
WinRAR works. Maybe you need a newer version... Or use 7-zip.

http://www.7-zip.org/
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

kfx wrote:I have some problems with outrun, it displays a inp speed like 156565757% and it never goes further than the music selection screen, is this because of the sound re-write or ...?
It´s the same thing with wolfmame94
storm

cpu : P4 3gzh
Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Donut »

diabolik wrote:WinRAR works. Maybe you need a newer version... Or use 7-zip.

http://www.7-zip.org/
Did the latter. Thanks.