MARP Election 2005 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

It's time to nominate coordinators for 2006. Since we've missed the official dates for the annual election, I've reset the timeline to preserve the original timespans, but start on a later date.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship

Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad

Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from December 21, 00:00 GMT to December 27, 23:59 GMT.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before 2005 August 7 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by December 30, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day.

8. If there are no nominations for the Olympiad or Time Trial positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

Election voting will begin on 2006 January 7, 00:00 GMT and will end on 2006 January 16, 23:59 GMT

See http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures
Last edited by Zhorik on Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

So far I've received the following nominations:

Regulation Coordinator: Zwaxy
Olympiad Coordinator: Stig

-George
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

I reject all nominations.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I nominate Metrackle for All positions :)

I nominate Tjt for Reg coordinator.

Also To repeat a little louder what it says above: if anyone wants to be any of these positions, you may nominate yourself.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I nominate myself for WCC ; I will reject other nominations (I say it now because I go on holidays tomorrow for 10 days and will be back only in 2006).
I nominate Pat Laffaye for regulation (I also could nominate Tommi who makes a great job but it's already done, and as Pat before him has also done big work he deserves it).
Tourney : Skito.
Knockout: Destructor (the only way not to face him :) Abbe, Donut.
Time trial: BBH
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Phil Lamat wrote: Knockout: Destructor (the only way not to face him :)
Reject. I must play in Knockout ;)

Knockout: Donut, Abbe, zlk
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

TJT: reg coordinator

Sampras: Olympiad Coordinator

Knock out: Gerard Schindler, BBH, ?

WCC: Phil Lamat
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far (accepted nominations are bolded, rejected nominations are underlined)

Regulation Coordinator:
Pat Laffaye
TJT
Zwaxy

Tournament Coordinator:
Skito

Knockout Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators):
Abbe
BBH
Donut
Gerhard Schindler
zlk
Destructor

WCC Coordinator:
Phil Lamat

Olympiad Coordinator:
Sampras
Stig

Time Trial Coordinator:
BBH

Reminder: You must accept your nomination before December 31 in order to be listed on the election ballot.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I reluctantly decline the nomination for tournament coordinator.
-skito
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far (accepted nominations are bolded, rejected nominations are underlined)

Regulation Coordinator:
Pat Laffaye
TJT
Zwaxy

Tournament Coordinator:
Skito

Abbe
BBH
Donut
Gerhard Schindler
zlk
Destructor

WCC Coordinator:
Phil Lamat

Olympiad Coordinator:
Sampras
Stig

Time Trial Coordinator:
BBH

Reminder: You must accept your nomination before December 31 in order to be listed on the election ballot.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Chad wrote:I reluctantly decline the nomination for tournament coordinator.
Why?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

two terms is enough, it needs new blood.
-skito
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I decline all nominations. Sorry, I do not have time.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Regulation Coordinator:
Pat Laffaye
TJT
Zwaxy

Tournament Coordinator:
Skito

Abbe
BBH
Donut
Gerhard Schindler
zlk
Destructor

WCC Coordinator:
Phil Lamat

Olympiad Coordinator:
Sampras
Stig

Time Trial Coordinator:
BBH

So far we have a grand total of 1 accepted nomination. Maybe its because we are doing this over the holidays, or maybe people are just apathetic or procrastinators (or both).

Nominations are scheduled to close in 1 day, so if you are interested in any position, please either accept your pending nomination, or nominate yourself. If you'd like to make MARP a better place, please consider if you could contribute to the community.

-George
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

However tempting it is to do the knockout, I have to decline. A new job, a new home, a new language, and a new girlfriend will not leave enough time to do a good job. :-)
-Abbe