France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

The rings on the Olympic flag never offcially represented continents, but "parts of the world": Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and the Americas.

The Olympic flag was designed by some French bloke in the early 1900's to depict the 5 continents that actually took part in the Olympic games and the colours of the rings and the flag itself where chosen because at least one of them appears on every flag in the world.

I'm just wondering why the America's have become two seperate entities, North and South, and Australasia has become Australia, which I'm sure goes down well with the surrounding islanders....
What ever happened to the term Oceania ???
So there really should be an extra ring on the flag for the America's getting 'divided' , shouldn't there?

Sure in the not too distant future, good ole Antarctica should participate in their first games seeing that most of the ice wil be gone and we'll all be living there. Although currently I think Greenland are still being hard done by and deserve their own ring on the flag.

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

Post by sawys »

Hi.

Sorry to make this topic alive again but like someone asked me to talk about this competition and like the page where the leaderboard was was closed because the internet provider closed, i upload the xls file here just for the history.

Cheers.
Attachments
JVRM-AIVA-Challenge.zip
(371.06 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

It was a real pity I missed this one.... #-o
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

The real pity is that we missed (very shortly) a new France vs Italy in the Euro2016 semifinal ...
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Definitely !!! :oops:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

The incredible stat I wasn't aware is that it is only the first time of all time that Germany manages to eliminate Italy in a direct confrontation !
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Great memories.... after 10 years, but JYD scores now are disappeared...?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Phil Lamat wrote:The incredible stat I wasn't aware is that it is only the first time of all time that Germany manages to eliminate Italy in a direct confrontation !
And first time since 1958 that France eliminates Germany in a direct confrontation !!!!
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Phil Lamat wrote:
Phil Lamat wrote:The incredible stat I wasn't aware is that it is only the first time of all time that Germany manages to eliminate Italy in a direct confrontation !
And first time since 1958 that France eliminates Germany in a direct confrontation !!!!
Many "1st time in their own history" stats in this competition....also Wales and Iceland surely set a number of them.... :mrgreen: