JYD, the most LAMER player ever!!!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

Ok, I'll let all my inps on marp, but i'll never post again any inps in the future. Not here, not in others sites.
What make my sick ? Italian vs french tournament, and now ...
And first of all I think is better spend free time in other ways
I retired forever, thanks all marpers for all these 4 years I'm here.

P.s.
I'll come back only for GNG if somedoby try to beat me.
These on marp are not my best inps and this is my all time favourite game.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

cmon, don't let these guys chase you away.

there are 10s or even 100s of us who if we practice almost any game enough then we can master it....at least to a degree.

notice how almost all of JTC's contests result in a new high score or several scores beating the previous high score here...and often at many other sites...including TG.

that says a lot. Lots of scores are considered high...but hold it in a deca or a GEGOTW contest and odds are it will go down. Very few high scores have withstood that test.

there are many that would...but most don't.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

yeah really, you're going to let ONE person get to you and quit MARP forever just because of that one person? Come on. Almost all of us are here for the love of the games... and for the competition that you can't get on these games in the actual arcades any more. And if one person is enough to drive you away, maybe your priorities were really in the wrong place with this site. It's actually kinda flattering if one person copies THAT much of your play, right?

on the subject of Black Tiger, I have a love/hate relationship with the game. It's one of my favorite arcade games ever, and when I first discovered arcade emulators, it was one of the games I most wanted to play. Sure enough, there was a standalone emulator for the game called "BTishger" and I was so ecstatic to be playing it again. Then it got added to MAME, then MARP came along, and Black Tiger just happened to be the very first recording I submitted back in February 1998. My score was beaten in less than 24 hours by Krool. That was kinda harsh. I discovered more about how to leech the game out, but... the game just wasn't as much fun when you spend minutes in the same area killing skeletons over and over. I did it anyway for the sake of raising my score, but other people did it better and found better ways to maximize points. But by that point the game had lost a bit of appeal to me, as I didn't find it all that exciting to spend so long killing skeletons over and over. Does it take skill and/or patience to find the best possible patterns for maximizing points in each level though? Sure. But it gets harder and harder to differentiate who truly is the best player at the game when you have multiple players capable of finishing the game on one life, ya know?
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

DaviL wrote:What make my sick ? Italian vs french tournament, and now ...
"So shall we live together and divided at the same time
And all I know this grave will be our home from now forever. "

from "First Embrace" by TYSTNADEN

Best italian band I've listened to since Lacuna Coil!

PS. My advice: Stay and FIGHT BACK!!! :twisted:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

MJS wrote: TYSTNADEN

Best italian band I've listened to since
Sounds Swedish band to me...
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

>PS. My advice: Stay and FIGHT BACK!!! :twisted:

Thanks but I don't like play against this type of players.
They can kill you for a first position.
Watch his last inp...
he change the date of the inp (a date before I post my records)
He play with old style (almacut) at the start than change and copy 100% last 2 stage from me.
Like say "I found these pattern before you!"
Very amusing but people are not so stupid (at least not me)
If you are happy with your inps, good for you.

>TYSTNADEN

Best italian band I've listened to since

Never heard in my life!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

DaviL wrote:Thanks but I don't like play against this type of players.
And if BBH or Destructor or any other player go there and break the top score? What will be the difference? The "style" should be the same...
Go there man... I highly encourage you to reconquer this title... :D
And Black Tiger is one of my favorite games ever! :)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

DaviL wrote:>PS. My advice: Stay and FIGHT BACK!!! :twisted:

he change the date of the inp (a date before I post my records)
note his two recordings that beat you were not date changed, they were recorded and dated after you submited your recordings (although he submited them days after he recorded them.) Plus he even held back his parent recording for what i can only asume as respect for you teaching him the technique... I say stay and teach some more :)
-skito
DIDYEAH
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by DIDYEAH »

Hello everybody!!

I specify just, that one eats also snails! :mrgreen:

Ciao!

NB:Sorry for my english,it's google-traduction. :P

NB(bis):That post it was just a test.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

If you want to hide your high-score technique go over to TG where they're happy to hide them.

This is MARP, where everyone can watch over one anothers shoulders like we did in the arcades, and in most cases learn something.... except when you're already a master of the game in which case you won't learn much on that game but there's still a ton of others to choose from. :)

...... and as Barry already pointed out, seeing is not doing or we could all be professional golfers making millions etc.