It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

I was a champion in Metal Slug 3 (Same in No2 & X)

I could finish the game with 1 credit and take ALL possible points.

I can tell u that all these about 10 or 15 millions are lies. Couldnt go so.

Unfortunately I cant remember my exact score. Maybe it was 9.000.000 points.

Now, if any1 doubt and believes it can go 10 or 15 millions, just give us the recorded input.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

as soon as you find the Kawaks1.46+loader you can see the 15 million score for yourself (use the first attachment which is the recording) too bad it's not mame format.
-skito
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

If it goes at 15 million then it is another game :roll:
Champion speaking 8)

Tell him go it with Mame :wink:

Where is that Kawaks1.46+loader? is it easy to use? Upload it in rapid ready to run.
last score for metal slug 2 is:

9.398.940 pts player ghost hone tuka, remaining 0 difficult level 4.
Fake, too. Metal slug 2 can never go so.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:I can tell u that all these about 10 or 15 millions are lies. Couldnt go so.
GHEMANT says that at least two players have broken 10 million with verified scores on arcade machines, not emulators. You don't want to believe it?

The 15 million point Kawaks recording in the first post is savestate-assisted and thus shouldn't be accepted as a "real" score.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

No of course not. Cant go so. Besides I was not there to see it? Were u? :lol:
I got it 9.000.000 and I m sure 99.99% that cannot go more. You can believe this!
I was playing this game twice a day for 6 months or more, in a competition with another one guy(finally I won him :D )
If we take the 0.01% possibility and acceot that yes it can go 10 millions(with a secret way I do not know) then its a great fantasy to speak about 15 millions. Millions are not flies...
Of course only a player in my level can understand this. A low level player is able to believe even 25 millions :lol:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:No of course not. Cant go so. Besides I was not there to see it? Were u? :lol:
I got it 9.000.000 and I m sure 99.99% that cannot go more. You can believe this!
I was playing this game twice a day for 6 months or more, in a competition with another one guy(finally I won him :D )
If we take the 0.01% possibility and acceot that yes it can go 10 millions(with a secret way I do not know) then its a great fantasy to speak about 15 millions. Millions are not flies...
Of course only a player in my level can understand this. A low level player is able to believe even 25 millions :lol:
Wow. You should really learn a little humility, buddy. You seriously think you know everything about the game? I'm not saying I know everything, but I believe GHEMANT since he knows his stuff, especially when it comes to the subjects of Metal Slug and Japanese records. (plus he doesn't insult everyone who doesn't believe him, that's always a nice plus)
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Ok, if u believe any1 and everything then u dont even need the .inp files.

If I tell u that earth is flat, will u believe it?

Just give me one .inp file with more than 9 millions...and u ll be me my God! :D I sweare, I ll worship. Can u sweare too for your japanese friends?
I dont insult anyone, just ask for respect in real scorers. And if some1 talks about 15 millions means he doesnt even know how this game look like.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

how are we supposed to believe "you" when you can't even beat the plethora measly 6 million scores on marp right now... one of them being with a recent version of wolfmame.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/8/f/5/js ... olf103.zip

beat it now! this should be easy for someone of your skill who got to 9 million to beat your neighborhood mslug3 bully after 6 months.
-skito
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Chad wrote:your neighborhood mslug3 bully

:lol:
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:...GHEMANT...doesn't insult everyone who doesn't believe him...
Actually, I think he does.

He probably hasn't seen this thread yet. Wait for it...
John Cunningham (JTC)
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Chad wrote:how are we supposed to believe "you" when you can't even beat the plethora measly 6 million scores on marp right now... one of them being with a recent version of wolfmame.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/8/f/5/js ... olf103.zip

beat it now! this should be easy for someone of your skill who got to 9 million to beat your neighborhood mslug3 bully after 6 months.
Althought its not easy to interrupt all my activities to start again ms3, I will... Maybe not 6868000 but just a big score. And dont u think I could go it 9 million when ever I liked...this happened only in my highest score.
My "neighborhood" lost just for certain tens thousands. What do u mean"bully"?
PS. If I needed 6 months to go it 9 million(no one helped me, I learned all secrets alone) this is 26 months for u (for the half) :lol:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:Ok, if u believe any1 and everything then u dont even need the .inp files.

If I tell u that earth is flat, will u believe it?
Hey great, more condescension. Did I say I believe everything that I read? No, stop being stupid. I said I believed what GHEMANT has to say about Metal Slug, because unlike you, he actually has a good track record with this site. Am I a fool for believing someone that has spent a lot of time playing the Metal Slug series and maintains a database of Gamest/Arcadia records? Why should I listen to you and not to him?

If you say you discovered all the secrets of the game on your own, then great... but how can you be 100% sure that you discovered EVERYTHING, hmmmm?
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Well well, there are great news!

I just checked the file with the 6.688.250 points(2nd in the board)
The boy was pretty good(he could be one of my students :) ) but he lost at the end of the 4rth and at the end of the 5th stage. This means many lost points.

[EDITed by poster]
Last edited by tk2007 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:Then I tried check the 1st score of 6.868.410 and quess what, its fake! [-( This is obvious because its just 6MB while the other which works is 35MB... :^o And u confirmed that?[-X

So I m waiting to get this fake score out of the boards. You ask me spend time making a top score in this game while u keep this fake one? This is not fair, am I right? :?
So... you didn't watch the 6,868,410 score but you insist it's a fake (there's that word again), when you haven't even watched it? Are you serious?

Fun fact - MAME versions prior to 0.84 made .inps that were of a drastically smaller filesize compared to the filesize of .inps now. It's okay if you didn't know that, because I wouldn't expect everyone to know that. But to accuse a recording of being a fake when you're not making enough of an effort to actually watch it?

You're really not off to a great start here.

edit: if the 6,868,410 score is a fake, how was I able to play it back?
Attachments
mslug3.png
mslug3.png (28.68 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

tk2007 wrote:No of course not. Cant go so. Besides I was not there to see it? Were u? :lol:
good morning Sir.

1) your score on metal slug 3 is good (9.000.000 about) but not excellent. You know about 80% of this game only (secrets, strategies). Many good players have 9m +, but if you want be a great player, you must perform 10.000.000 + at least.

The japanese (world record) official best score is 10.754.840 pts from player hamu hamu in a japanese game center on a real machine in 2001, but there are at least other 100 players that surpass 10.000.000 barrier. All default settings of course. Sometime with autofire set up.

I know a chinese player with a better score: B.L.K. with 10.856.130 pts, there is a photo only from cabinet about this score: I can mention this score but without a video proof I can't confirm officially.

comment of B.L.K. = In this game, I took the submarine in Mission 1 and got 90X,XX0 pts. At most I'd got 97X,XX0 . Of course, 1M is possible.
Besides, I picked lots of diamonds, so I got 2,24X,XX0 after Mission 2.
Finally, the last boss gave me a frog... (50.000). I couldn't believe it's a frog falling from an orange ball hit by the partner by chance until the word "50000" appeared in the screen. This hi-score was played on June 23rd, 2005. And the picture was taken 2 days later .

about 20.000.000 score (and not 25m).... is possibile (theoretically) with level 8 difficult only. Replay with 15,6 m is made with save state and re-recording on kawaks emulator. Not real score but awesome demonstration only with all strategies and secret possible in this game. Is no miss all clear, but with 2 miss is possible obtain 20m +. But all this is theretically and stop.

In each game there are many secrets and you can't be sure 99.99% of your strategies, sorry, but you miss many secrets.

On last boss of this game you must use knife only for all time and you must destroy the boss when time counter sign 01 seconds remaining only. During the boss you must take all bonus and sometimes some bonus (frog for exemple) have a random value of 50.000 pts.

I have a original replay from game center in dvd:

is 10.152.450 pts, is a old replay from 7 years ago from japanese game center.

yes, I know all secrets and strategies about metal slug 1, 2, x, 3.
last score for metal slug 2 is:

9.398.940 pts player ghost hone tuka, remaining 0 difficult level 4.
tk2007 wrote:Fake, too. Metal slug 2 can never go so

ah ah ah ah ah ah :lol: fake???

ah ah ah, this score is a real official best record of japan. Many peoples have see this on real machine.

Arcadia have make official this score, I know this player, I have speak with him, and I see a his replay of 9.000.000 pts.

this player play metal slug 2 from years and years.... and now his scoe is near to 9.500.000 pts.

sorry, but you don't know the secrets of these games.

before saying if one thing is possible or impossible you must inform better

some years ago there were many mame replay with score better of 10.000.000 on slug 3.... and slug x (6.900.000) and slug 2 (9.000.000) replay are available in web. :roll:
before saying if one thing is possible or impossible you must inform better

why I know all secrets about metal slug saga and I know the max limit points in each metal slug game?

first because I'm a ex player of metal slug saga (slug 1, 2 and x) and second because I have inform adequately....

http://www.aiva.emuita.it/sakamoto.php

- 15.000 $ for japanese arcade magazine with all informations about ALL.

- 1000 GB of super play video (5 years of investigations for obtain all)

- 13 GB of mame replay (investigations from 2001 in all japanese site on the web)

- my experience on arcade games (1989~today)

- consultation with best japanese players and theirs documents/guides.

it's all?

maybe.

ah! yes, last word. Max score possible in slug 3 is about 10.900.000 pts.
Last edited by GHEMANT on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.