It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

I used the mame version he gave me.
Seems that the problem is the rom version!
Rom version is the same - main romset, not clone. You must learn some things about MAME/romsets first before you play and discuss.
For all the things I dont know, I ask here.
We r talking now for a score, 1st on the board, which no one can see it! What kind of score is this? Confirmerd, ok, but we cant know the used rom. This is unfair :?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:
Or else what?
Or else I wont bother again. U cant have an honest competition unter not equal contitions.
If u know where is the romset in which u made that score, u tell me in pm. If not then we cant have competition. Because probably u made your score with an easy rom version.
Now you are accusing me of playing on an "easy rom version"? Wow. You are a fucking piece of work, you know that?

FACT: the only roms that were redumped around MAME 0.79u2 for Shock Troopers were graphic roms (which can be verified here - "- 0.79u2: Added new cpu1 rom ($100000) and new gfx3 roms.") The game has played identically in MAME for years and years. Gameplay-wise there is absolutely no change between MAME 0.37 beta 15, and MAME 0.117. There is no "easy rom version".

Why would I want to have a competition with somebody that has no respect whatsoever for me? How am I supposed to have a friendly competition with someone that automatically assumes I'm a cheater and that I was playing on some mystical "easy rom version"? You need to stop assuming that everyone else cheats when you're too inept to get a recording working yourself. Figure out more how about MAME works before throwing out baseless claims.

And you really expect me to help you find this older romset? Fuck that.
PS. I cant either play the one with mame83..Can any1 else play it?
It works just fine with WolfMAME 0.83 and no nvram. If it doesn't work for you, again, it's a problem on your end. FIGURE IT OUT.
We r talking now for a score, 1st on the board, which no one can see it! What kind of score is this? Confirmerd, ok, but we cant know the used rom. This is unfair Confused
Do you think we have any say on when romsets are updated and redumped in MAME? We don't. Do you expect players to submit a new score every time the romset is changed? That's not happening.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Try be serious and dont behave like a pank. Stop those Wows, make u sound like idiot.
I never said u r a cheater. I just said the simple thing any1 would say: Lets see that score. Lets see which version u used. U wont help me, u help yourself.
Competition must be unter equal conditions, this means same romsets.. Does this sounds so strange to u?... 8O

And about the wolf83, which rom did u use?(pm)
Do you think we have any say on when romsets are updated and redumped in MAME? We don't. Do you expect players to submit a new score every time the romset is changed? That's not happening.
Yes, thats not happening but at least we r able to see the playings.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:I never said u r a cheater. I just said the simple thing any1 would say: Lets see that score. Lets see which version u used. U wont help me, u help yourself.
I've given you the inp, I've given you the exact version of MAME that it was recorded with.
Competition must be unter equal conditions, this means same romsets.. Does this sounds so strange to u?... 8O

And about the wolf83, which rom did u use?(pm)
If you don't have the old romset, then the romset you have should automatically be the one that works with wolf83 or anything newer than that. If it's not working, then maybe you should double-check your rom paths or something.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Ok I saw that wolf83 game. I m watching it now. Your gaming seems too simple, u dont use knife!!

But forget this, point is the score u have 1st on the boards (and no one can see it).
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:Ok I saw that wolf83 game. I m watching it now. Your gaming seems too simple, u dont use knife!!
For some enemies, you get a lot of points by firing 13 shots into them instead of just going for a close-range attack. For maximum points, you have to do a close-range attack immediately after shooting them a few times (which I do quite a lot).
But forget this, point is the score u have 1st on the boards (and no one can see it).
If they have the old romset they can see it.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

I have 2 rom versions, one with size of 19.0MB and one with size of 19.2MB.
Wolf83 wanted the one with 19.2MB to work.
Your 37 millions score cannot work with either both of them.Which else version do we need?
And how many version are there for Shock Troopers anyway?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

tk2007 wrote:And how many version are there for Shock Troopers anyway?
Check rom history on MAWS site. Here is place for play not for roms history.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

tk2007 wrote:And how many version are there for Shock Troopers anyway?
Just the two, the parent (shocktro) and the clone (shocktra). There is no difference in game code and data from the old romsets to the new ones, it was just "reorganised", so to speak.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
jjt
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by jjt »

destructor wrote:Hahaha. I think that someone from moderators (or group of moderators) on this forum create tk2007 account for joke :)
Nah, he's never at the meetings of the Joke-account Forum Members Association (JFMA).

Pretty sure he's a genuine fucking imbecile.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

jjt wrote:
Pretty sure he's a genuine fucking imbecile.
No, u r the "genuine fucking imbecile".

Did u create an account just to insult me?

I m waiting to see moderators do something about this :evil:
(2 posts in 3 years??!!)
Just the two, the parent (shocktro) and the clone (shocktra). There is no difference in game code and data from the old romsets to the new ones, it was just "reorganised", so to speak.
We dont talk about parent and clone modes now, we talk about rom versions of same game(parent game,clone game or whatever it is)
As we said, there r at least 3 romsets. One with size of 19.0MB, another one with size of 19.2MB and another one in which BBH made his score.
And these rom versions work in different mame versions.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tk2007 wrote:But forget this, point is the score u have 1st on the boards (and no one can see it).
Yeah no one can see it, yep, pointless, not to mention the all doctored images that are floating around about all these magically fake recordings at marp that i just created after watching the recording. Again the internet is just an arcade that goes beyond your understanding, choose to be ignorant and you'll never fit in, choose to upload recordings and share in the fun and well you just might have some fun and less bickering.

Instead of complaining that these inp files are fake, you couldhave nicely asked bbh to make a recording that comes close to the score, oh wait you did that and you're still not satified?
Attachments
shocktro.png
shocktro.png (30.93 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
shoc0001.png
shoc0001.png (25.62 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
shoc0002.png
shoc0002.png (11.29 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
-skito
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

I can't deny the entertainment value of this thread. Although it's sad this isn't an unusual internet occurence. We have established being retarded isn't a bannable offense though.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Yeah no one can see it, yep, pointless, not to mention the all doctored images that are floating around about all these magically fake recordings at marp that i just created after watching the recording. Again the internet is just an arcade that goes beyond your understanding, choose to be ignorant and you'll never fit in, choose to upload recordings and share in the fun and well you just might have some fun and less bickering.
Here comes again the same and the same sh*t...
Did I said its fake? I just asked to watch the game, does this sounds so strange to u? I never said u doctoring images, cut the sh*t and u better take care that jjt who entered here just to call me "genuine fucking imbecile".
Image says nothing but the score. Most important is to see HOW a score was created.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tk2007 wrote:Image says nothing but the score. Most important is to see HOW a score was created.
Image is all we have when legalities prevent people from distributing roms they own. When you say "no one can play these recordings back" is pointless and gives yourself a very bad image especially when many people can play these recordings back because they owned the old roms at the time.

and bbh just gave you a recording demonstrating how the score was created that you COULD playback, do you want him to come over to greece and demonstrate it for you?
-skito