It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:01 pm

When you say "no one can play these recordings back" is pointless and gives yourself a very bad image especially when many people can play these recordings back because they owned the old roms at the time.
Its not pointless its the truth. If there is one player that can play it, I m waiting the rom with a pm.
and bbh just gave you a recording demonstrating how the score was created that you COULD playback, do you want him to come over to greece and demonstrate it for you?
Already solved this(u need read the posts). I saw that game. But I need see the one which is at the top of boards.
I know how such score can be created because I can create it myself too. Point is to see how HE created it (u always miss the point :P )

Some old quotes:
tk2007, I assume you didn't read my post and examples of games I posted.
If you did, I have to assume you are pretty stubborn with your views and refuse to believe what some more accomplished gamers tell you.
I read all your posts carefully, not sure if u do the same.Who says that they r "more accomplished gamers". You thought that I m not "accomplished" enough?

Destructor, thanks for those links but I prefer a straight answer to my questions(Which games had that decathlon? How do u prove your scores? U send a videotape? U became first, but among how many players?? )

All these joys in the links.... I cannot buy them, its in another country and I dont have credit card. And how do u stick them on the desk??

Well, Destructor, I showed that picture with your doughter in a friend. He first said "very good" (for the joyset). Then I asked him
- Do u see anything else or strange on this joyset?
- Yes.. I do
- What is that?
- The joystick is at the left!!

This is a normal reaction that any player would have in a such joyset table. Only u boys seem prefer to control your gaming with the left hand...(probably because u cannot hit fire fast enough :) )
859,000 is below average fruit for a kill screen game, not "too-too many bananas". Oh, and on an arcade mspac the final screen is not always stage 137, it can be between 133 and 141.
How seems u dont have great idea about ms pacman. 859.000 means that he had indeed many bananas. I didnt say 137, I said "about 137". What is your score? 80.000? Have u ever tried finish ms pacman in Mame with cheat for infinite life and all ghosts taken? What score did u get? 859?
The TG Ms Pac record is now over 922K. TG arcade records are either submitted on video or witnessed live by one of their referees (or both). In general TG does not release copies of videos or replays submitted to them. It is up to the individual submitter whether they want to release the video.
If no one can see that 922k exept that man in TG then this score is just a number. Marpirc is reliable because any1 can check the scores, TG is not if we cant check anything. No one can believe something he cant check. Not even u.
You say you can play a game with only a fire button by using your less-dominant left hand to fire. That's great. Now what about something like, say, any game in the Street Fighter series? When you have 6 buttons to worry about, your hand needs to be as strong as possible...
This is correct. But Street Fighter series dont need special ability to control hero. U can control him with left. Same with some other games too. But for pacman or metal slug u cant use your left hand. U wont go too far....
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
Chad
Tournament Coordinator
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:15 pm
Location: calif

Post by Chad » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:38 pm

tk2007 wrote:Already solved this(u need read the posts). I saw that game. But I need see the one which is at the top of boards.
I know how such score can be created because I can create it myself too. Point is to see how HE created it (u always miss the point :P )
i think we are getting your point each time but your points are futile.

(1) Joystick on the right is the for the best players.

Clearly someone who hasn't been to an arcade would assume this. It's silly to laugh at the way joysticks have been made 90% of the time since the begining of time.

(2) You must give me rom to see the top score.

Again silly and not appropriate. Bbh demonstrated how to achieve the score ("doesn't use the knife" are you kidding me?), and you are saying you need proof you'll only get for a rom you don't have.

What are you going do to one day when you make a greate decathelete score on mame 234 but in mame 235 they change the rom.... sigh.
-skito

User avatar
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:15 pm
Location: A pub or an off-licence in Dublin , Ireland .
Contact:

re....

Post by AL » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:27 pm

As an ambidextrous person, I find this thread all too amusing.

And how do u stick them on the desk??

I already told you! Read again.


Just to re-re-re-re-reiterate what has been said already....yes, joysticks are mainly on the left hand side of control panel, barring the odd exception. What's the big deal? Unless of course you are a pure fcuking leftie conspiracy theorist and the whole world (Western Hemisphere) is against you?

Beware the leftie psychos.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6923577.stm


As for 'Decathlete', I remember Tommi (TJT) recommending this game some years back? I assume therefore it's emulated? Tommi?

And just like your 'head-up-your-own-ass' mentality regarding the other games mentioned by you in this 'soon-to-be-a-MARP-forum-thread-repetitive' record, think again.
Tommi is one of, if not THE fastest finger basher players around. I'm not bad myself.

I just hope you don't emulate these guys...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2004/ ... teris.html

I don't normally reply to these forums to ridicule a player, but man, what choice do you give me?


Cheers,


AL


p.s Yep, I'm Irish, so any stereotypical Irish insults you may deem necessary are not a problem for me.

p.p.s On a more serious note, great Eurovision win in 2006. I won some money in the bookies.....
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "

User avatar
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Devil's Canyon
Contact:

Re: re....

Post by Weehawk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:00 pm

AL wrote:p.s Yep, I'm Irish, so any stereotypical Irish insults you may deem necessary are not a problem for me.
This was circulated recently as being Irish workers installing bollards:

http://www.henrythornton.com/content/up ... llards.JPG

(I think it actually turned out to be in Manchester, England)
John Cunningham (JTC)
Image

User avatar
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post by MJS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:21 pm

The_Pro wrote:I can't deny the entertainment value of this thread.
The IRC channel is more alive than ever too 8)

User avatar
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:15 pm
Location: A pub or an off-licence in Dublin , Ireland .
Contact:

re...

Post by AL » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:09 am

(I think it actually turned out to be in Manchester, England)

Those road signs aren't Irish anyhow.

Still, gobshites all the way.


AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "

User avatar
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:15 pm
Location: A pub or an off-licence in Dublin , Ireland .
Contact:

re...

Post by AL » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:13 am

This is definitely Irish, and a thread hijack to boot...


http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=q_X-02FiLUI



AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:34 am

tk2007 wrote: Did u create an account just to insult me?
(2 posts in 3 years??!!)
This is one of the dumbest things you've posted yet. (which says a lot considering a lot of what you posted in this thread)
I m waiting to see moderators do something about this :evil:
ahahahahahaha

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:14 am

If u accept an idiot enter here and make his 2nd post after...3 years just to call me idiot then u r an idiot too.
U may continue your laughing now(and wows too). Besides, all idiots have the same face
This is one of the dumbest things you've posted yet. (which says a lot considering a lot of what you posted in this thread)
your whole posts when u r talking to me r dumbest things. I guess I have to respect your low brain.

AL,
I didnt understand many of your post but u must know that joystick must be(and it is in most of cases) at the right. Serious players dont user their weak hand to control their gaming. Decathlete is not emulated yet. U never told me about how stick a stick...(and theres no answer, manufactures take care about this).
i think we are getting your point each time but your points are futile.
Let me judge this. U r not in position to judge my points.
Clearly someone who hasn't been to an arcade would assume this. It's silly to laugh at the way joysticks have been made 90% of the time since the begining of time.
u r wrong...seems u have small experience, how old r u? unter 19? Joy is at the right in 90% of time.
(2) You must give me rom to see the top score.
Again silly and not appropriate. Bbh demonstrated how to achieve the score ("doesn't use the knife" are you kidding me?), and you are saying you need proof you'll only get for a rom you don't have.
What are you going do to one day when you make a greate decathelete score on mame 234 but in mame 235 they change the rom.... sigh.
U r the silly and appropriate. U cant understand simple things. If we make an honest competition this must be unter equal conditions, its the 10 th time u force me to tell this. If we play with different roms, and I have an easier version than yours, will this be fair for u? No. So cut the b*ll sh*t and behave like a serious man.
Once again, I dont need any "demostrated how achieve score" because I can achieve it myself too. Using the knife u take more points, u first need learn how this game look like, then talk about it.
I realize that u try defend your pal but u offer him bad services. U both need to get serious. Plz dont waste more of my time, I cant answer all the time to your idiot nonsenses. Thank u.
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
Chad
Tournament Coordinator
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:15 pm
Location: calif

Post by Chad » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:51 pm

tk2007 wrote:Once again, I dont need any "demostrated how achieve score" because I can achieve it myself too. Using the knife u take more points, u first need learn how this game look like, then talk about it.
I realize that u try defend your pal but u offer him bad services. U both need to get serious. Plz dont waste more of my time, I cant answer all the time to your idiot nonsenses. Thank u.
bbh "uses the knife" as much as possible to score god like points, this is why i thought your comment didn't make sense.

You do have a point about fairness of competition to see all recordings all the time. Yes, a few recordings on marp don't have currently active romsets. The major thing we can do about this is We are constantly on the lookout for game emulation changes so when roms do change and the game becomes harder by default we WILL scrap old scores because they were done on easier romsets. Shocktroopers this is not the case so we keep it there, so the obvious answer is to trust marp (that has been at this for almost 10 years) and use a current rom to beat the top score which is by trust the same as using the old rom.

The main marp database is a global score system and the world and roms change. We DO have mini tournaments (knockount, wcc, marp tournament) where everyone plays with the same version and same roms for the same time and everyone can see everyone score at the same time. You have some patience to wait for a tournament where you can compete and see all the players scores in the current time where the roms won't change.
-skito

User avatar
QRS
Editor
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by QRS » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Retard. Enough said.
QRS

jjt
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:12 am

Post by jjt » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:45 pm

tk2007 wrote:I m waiting to see moderators do something about this :evil:
QRS wrote:Retard. Enough said.
Image

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:00 pm

What does "retard" means and to who did u tell it?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post by MJS » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Why should we tell you the meaning of "retard" when you probably won't believe us and demand proof?
So look it up yourself in the dictionary :P

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 pm

tk2007 wrote:If u accept an idiot enter here and make his 2nd post after...3 years just to call me idiot then u r an idiot too.
You have quite an ego if you think someone registered an account 3 years ago just for the sake of making fun of you. That would be the strangest prophecy ever. "Three years from now an arrogant retard from Greece is going to come to the forums, you should make an account now so you're prepared for that day."
Besides, all idiots have the same face
?? I don't get it.
This is one of the dumbest things you've posted yet. (which says a lot considering a lot of what you posted in this thread)
your whole posts when u r talking to me r dumbest things. I guess I have to respect your low brain.
You took what I said and turned it around on me! Hoho, you're a clever one! (note: that is sarcasm)
I didnt understand many of your post but u must know that joystick must be(and it is in most of cases) at the right. Serious players dont user their weak hand to control their gaming.
Only someone with a "low brain" would make retarded blanket statements like this. Keep it up!
(2) You must give me rom to see the top score.
Again silly and not appropriate. Bbh demonstrated how to achieve the score ("doesn't use the knife" are you kidding me?), and you are saying you need proof you'll only get for a rom you don't have.
What are you going do to one day when you make a greate decathelete score on mame 234 but in mame 235 they change the rom.... sigh.
U r the silly and appropriate. U cant understand simple things. If we make an honest competition this must be unter equal conditions, its the 10 th time u force me to tell this. If we play with different roms, and I have an easier version than yours, will this be fair for u? No. So cut the b*ll sh*t and behave like a serious man.
Now you're insulting Chad, who's been pretty much the only person on this forum giving you the benefit of the doubt and hasn't been attacking your retarded statements? Nice one.

Once again, you don't know shit about MAME. A different romset does not automatically mean that the game is "easier". mahlemiut's already stated that there has been no difference in the game data for Shock Troopers since m37b15, and there is no change in the emulation. Yet still you cling to this idea of me playing on an "easier" romset because you think it's the only way I could have achieved that score. If you want that honest competition, then go ahead and beat my 34 million score. It's the same romset and everything.
Once again, I dont need any "demostrated how achieve score" because I can achieve it myself too.
That's weird, because you are making a huge deal about how you NEED to see my recordings. Like I said, you've seen my 34 million recording, now go ahead and beat that first.
Using the knife u take more points, u first need learn how this game look like, then talk about it.
NOPE. You may have some basic knowledge of this game, but I'm afraid you don't know jack shit about the advanced scoring potential.

First I'd like to point out that for the majority of the time in my Shock Troopers recordings, I'm using Milky, who doesn't have a "knife". Her close-range attack is a pistol shot, but it behaves exactly like the knife.

That said, you can't even break 30 million on this game if you do nothing but close-range attacks the entire time. Believe me, I've tried. If you want to get the maximum points, you need to fire up to 12 shots into an enemy, and THEN do a knife/close-range attack. Why is that? Because every shot that registers on an enemy is worth points. Depending on the enemy, this can make a big difference. Let's use the white soldiers as an example. Each shot that you hit them with before they fall is worth 3000 points, and a close-range attack is worth 6000 points. If you run right up and do a knife, that's just 6000 + possible 30000-point diamond for 36000 points. If you fire 13 shots into them and don't do a knife, that's 39000 points guaranteed. However, if you fire 12 shots into them and then do a knife stab, you get 36000 + 6000 + possible 30000-point diamond, for 72000 points. That's double the points right there from ONE ENEMY. The thing is though, even if you're going for nothing but knife stabs, you won't get the 30000 diamonds every time. It's random of course, enemies might drop life-ups or weapons instead. So you can't rely on getting that bonus 30k from every enemy, because if you do you're going to miss out on a lot of points. There are situations where it's advantageous to go solely for close-range kills, and situations where you're better off just pumping 13 shots into an enemy. But I don't expect you to know those things.

I realize that what I wrote above might have gone over your head, but here's the point - you obviously don't know shit about this game compared to me. If you think you can correct me, I await your replay proving me wrong. But I already know that's not going to happen.

Post Reply