Basic magazine records

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The_Pro wrote:
LN2 wrote: wonder what you get for bonus if you happen to hit 100% hit though....has anyone ever gotten the 100% on a stage to see if some super big bonus?
100% bonus is 50K, which Hisa did a number of times. His score was 14158180.
exactly....and hisa didn't lose 1 life anywhere else.

...so about all I can see added to his score would be a few slightly higher hit% bonuses and the points for those few missed enemies.

so maybe another 100k max possible?
Frankie
Editor

Re: Basic magazine records

Post by Frankie »

The TJT wrote: New Rally X: 633k, MARP record is 366k
I can only say about this and all SBY@Team2ch Rally X recordings on MARP that I'm deeply impressed. Nice work SBY.
Frankie
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

I think most of the superplayer(High score maker) don't know how to play their wonder track in mame,they just like play games on the real arcade...I hope other japanese mame players(such as Dan )can connect them to play it on MAME,then we can study each other,then the higher score Secrets can be out on mame :twisted: :twisted:
Gives an example ,our 'dino' scores(538W) maker.He plays it on his old machines only,we told nim to make it on mame,He even asked us:what's the MAME??becaue he don't know how to use mame...But after our EZ team teach him how to use MAME to replay the inp,and you know ,520W out soon,and after 300 times try,538W out..so easy :wink:
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

and if all of the arcade gamefans (high IQ player 8O )can join the marp Olympics,the scores and the records must be hot crazy!! :? Unfortunately,just a few players know mame ,that means we miss a lot of real good players ,so their high self-impossible scores,that's why we can't understand,we just like replay movies ,but no one,only scores,only scores,only scores!! :(
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

The player who doesn't know MAME is only part.
A high scorer who is playing with a real machine is often despising MAME.
Moreover, a lot of first class player want to be concealing the technique.
They will not show replay.
I submit replay, because I am third-rate. :)
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

But why do they hide their techniques?

I ask because I am the opposite.
I remember when I used to go to the arcade it was pretty boring if there wasn't anybody around to watch me playing... and it wasn't just me, everyone wanted to "show off" :)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

MJS wrote:But why do they hide their techniques?
John Cunningham (JTC)
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

MJS wrote:But why do they hide their techniques?
It is an effect of Basic-magazine, Gamest or Arcadia.
They hate someone copy the technique and beating the record .
It is only players in the top record.
Wasn't there controversy that looked like in MARP before?
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

dan wrote:Wasn't there controversy that looked like in MARP before?
Yes, the Italy vs France episode.
I remember asking to myself the same thing back then.

Oh well, there will always be selfish people... fortunately not all of us are like that.

I was just wondering if there was any other reason not to share your play.
I find it hard to believe it's all about pride.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I guess there are some Japanese who aren't all that different from TG, after all. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

I used to have that mindset, but after couple competitions I realised it was kinda silly to think that way. There's a lot of reasons, but for one thing it's a bit arrogant to think that your gameplay is unique and that no one has ever figured out what you have. There's a whole world out there playing these games and even if you can't find the information online (which is rare) a determined opponent will usually figure it out on his own.
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

dan wrote: They hate someone copy the technique and beating the record .
Yes.and now seems that almost the chinese players like net games such as WOW...Net games are the first now in china :?
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

Look!
here is the real arcade scores about Metal slug 2,scoresare 9403210
But this chinese player refuse to do the MAME inp ,he just like the real arcade :? right ! this score has broken the gamest scores .

But just no proving to MAME,and you like add the record to aiva??GHEMANT ,hahaha...what a big joke!!
You should add some new scores on your AIVA,Can you?

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs 538M+ player:SUPER DINO

Guardians / Denjin Makai II maxscore player:bin1984

http://super-play.co.uk/index.php?superplay=308
Blazing Star 72,851,130 Player:SOF-WTN
Attachments
Metal slug 2 new scores
Metal slug 2 new scores
20070513_5bfe1b617d58021e54afJ1iEX8ffmnMe.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 7444 times
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The_Pro wrote:There's a lot of reasons, but for one thing it's a bit arrogant to think that your gameplay is unique and that no one has ever figured out what you have.
true in many cases...but do you really think Abdner Ashman with his 3+ million on jrpac in a total league of his own is going to outright totally share all his techniques?

I know he plays this publically in arcades so he does share at that level...but no he never would play in mame and submit an inp.

his abiity on jrpac slow boards is unique. No one else has gotten to his level....NO ONE.

He played this game for 1000s of hours to get to the level he is at on the game. WHy share it where someone playing for 100 hours could then score really high as well?

other games...especially ones with endings....someone scores a bit more....maybe slightly better point maxing or something along the way...not willing to share because that little knowledge is what separates their score from the others.

Yes, many might be as skilled at the game...able to easily finish etc. but having the refinement and knowledge of techniques....that varies a lot.

I saw Abdner play mspac recently(He is the current "king" of mspac.) and his techniques for grouping and doing slow boards is quite different from mine.

most of his techniques are quicker and thus perhaps superior...I have no problem with that..but I am not about to just copy what he does. It would only take me a few hours of watching his gameplay to get it all down.

pacman is a great example too. my grouping techniques...I figured out totally on my own. I had never watched anyone with good grouping techniques. I developed my own 9th key...even though it isn't a fast one...just so it's mine versus finding nd copying a faster pattern from someone.

neil's submission is a good example of this....patterns for almost the entire early boards too...so someone just studies and learns the patterns....boom..they are instant "master" score-wise....even though they likely will quickly die if they mess up a pattern cuzthey aren't a master.

As you guys have seen I share my stuff...but if I had mastered a game no one else has touched score-wise...not sure I would be willing to share that with the other near-top scorers so they could then easily overtake my score.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

mmxx wrote:Look!
here is the real arcade scores about Metal slug 2,scoresare 9403210
But this chinese player refuse to do the MAME inp ,he just like the real arcade :? right ! this score has broken the gamest scores .

But just no proving to MAME,and you like add the record to aiva??GHEMANT ,hahaha...what a big joke!!
You should add some new scores on your AIVA,Can you?

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs 538M+ player:SUPER DINO

Guardians / Denjin Makai II maxscore player:bin1984

http://super-play.co.uk/index.php?superplay=308
Blazing Star 72,851,130 Player:SOF-WTN
I can't add a new score without video from cabinet or mame replay from PC, because I must verify default options.

however, metal slug 2 score is now 9.485.050 from arcadia n. 85

about cadillacs replay I have see this replay and in next release of arcadia record list I add this score :wink: .

About denjin makai II, I remember that this score is with not default settings, but with hardest difficult. I can't add because default settings are necessary.