Wheres mame my way???

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Wheres mame my way???

Post by Dax »

Hi guys,
Back from a long long hiatus from marp. Interest has peaked and im sniffin through the site again. Obviously I want the latest build of mame thats acceptable for regulation play. Ive tried dling a few .118 builds from the uploads page, but they all have an interface im not familiar with and to be honest with you, dont much care for, like the old dos version. Is there a wolfmame32 build for .118 out? What im wanting is my old school win32 gui. The latest ive been able to find is .106. I feel newbie askin this. Ive searched through the forums a bit looking for the latest release but getting frustrated. Anyone point me the right way?

Thanks
Dax
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

No more wolf GUI after .106. You'll either have to use that one or use a frontend for the more recent versions.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hello Dax!!!

Download wolf118 and Emuloader frontend:
http://www.mameworld.net/emuloader/
It is very easy frontend to use and friendly as mame32. Playback and Record input options you have in popup menu after right-mouse click on game.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

keep in mind for many contests...including the soon-starting K6, 106 is required.

it is the version I have most of my rom sets based on still.

...with just a handful here and there using newer versions.

there is nothing the newer versions offer really except a handful of new games and a few fixes for a few games.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

LN2 wrote:there is nothing the newer versions offer really except a handful of new games and a few fixes for a few games.
For a lot games. For Zombie Raid for sure :P
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Emuloader would be fine if it was finished but for me it's too unstable, bloated, buggy and unintuitive (I mean that in a constructive way). However it you persevere with it, with luck you may get it working and do OK for now.

A GUI frontend is necessary if you don't know all the game names and you like browsing through them with snapshots etc. but I can understand now that once you've gotten to know all the games and shortnames etc. a minimal frontend is all you need.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I use EmuLoader 5.0 version with no problem. Emuloader author every day fix bugs if someone report it.
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

Easymame is pretty close to the 'plus' experience. I tried a few frontends when they killed the plus versions, and this was the best for me.