Pat Laffaye Raises Bar on Frogger!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Pat Laffaye Raises Bar on Frogger!

Post by Weehawk »

According to Walter Day's post of Funspot X results, the Frogger world record has been regained by MARP Editor Pat Laffaye with a score of 599,something.

Speech!
John Cunningham (JTC)
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Pat Laffaye Raises Bar on Frogger!

Post by PacWhiz »

Yeh i think i was talking with Jon Stoodley (hope i got ya name right!) when Pat came up to us full of glee and reported that phenomenal WR he just made! He was real happy about it and i'm very glad for him :D
I tried playing Frogger a couple times but couldn't even get past the 3rd level lol; and sometimes it just kills you off for no apparent reason :evil: evil froggy :x tough game!
Well done Pat, many congrats again!! And absolutely great to meet you! :mrgreen:
~Aart
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Great score PL! PacWhiz your scores were pretty impressive as well.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

599,110 was the final tally. Was on the 150th round when the game ended, approx. 3h 15m of game time.

I almost quit one hour into it, but decided to keep going.

I'll put together a more detailed writeup once I watch the replay.

Aart: don't be so modest!! Don't you have a new WR on Lunar Rescue??? :D
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

zlk wrote:Great score PL! PacWhiz your scores were pretty impressive as well.
thx man ;)
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

***PL*** wrote:599,110 was the final tally. Was on the 150th round when the game ended, approx. 3h 15m of game time.

I almost quit one hour into it, but decided to keep going.
Darn good thing that you did Pat!
***PL*** wrote: I'll put together a more detailed writeup once I watch the replay.
Cool! Cozza you i've actually got Frogger in my Mame now, so watch out lol.
Is the arcade-joystick harder to handle or is it just me being used to a smooth MsPac joystick & easy keyboard keys?
***PL*** wrote: Aart: don't be so modest!! Don't you have a new WR on Lunar Rescue??? :D
Well... :roll: Yup yup I do lol --- 65,650 :P
I actually made nearly 100,000 more than that (164,100) on June 5th, but there were no more refs left at FunSpot to verify lol #-o That ultra-stiff joystick took some getting used to tho!

Did ya guys see Mark's pics on his site? :mrgreen: They're great!!

Ciao guys :wink:
~Aart
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

A hearty round of applause Pat - so little to break 600K... superb score 8O

I'll try tackling 200K sometime, though at the moment I dedicate what little gaming time I have to Galaxian, I'd love to go over 150K at least, and have been this close more than once... But I'll get there - and then it'll be Frogger time again :mrgreen:

Speaking of Galaxian, one can't not think about PacWhiz - so another round of applause for the MONSTER SCORE of 164K on Lunar Rescue. I don't think anyone is in the same league as you about this one. Bravo !
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

PacWhiz wrote:Well... :roll: Yup yup I do lol --- 65,650 :P
I actually made nearly 100,000 more than that (164,100) on June 5th, but there were no more refs left at FunSpot to verify lol #-o That ultra-stiff joystick took some getting used to tho!
no camcorder?
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Alessandro.S wrote:A hearty round of applause Pat - so little to break 600K... superb score 8O

I'll try tackling 200K sometime, though at the moment I dedicate what little gaming time I have to Galaxian, I'd love to go over 150K at least, and have been this close more than once... But I'll get there - and then it'll be Frogger time again :mrgreen:

Speaking of Galaxian, one can't not think about PacWhiz - so another round of applause for the MONSTER SCORE of 164K on Lunar Rescue. I don't think anyone is in the same league as you about this one. Bravo !
Thanx Alessandro :wink:
I have to say that i couldn't really believe that the hiscore on that was only 20k! Even with the joystick being so stiff. I mean if you save all the guys then you can get over 21k at level 4 after only about 10-12 minutes into the game :P I'm guessing hardly anybody ever plays that game anymore, which is a shame :|
Anyways...
Best of luck on those Galaxian & Frogger quests! :D
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

LN2 wrote:
PacWhiz wrote:Well... :roll: Yup yup I do lol --- 65,650 :P
no camcorder?
Nope, fraid not, had to rely on others for video & pics for most of the FunSpot week, as i couldn't find a plug-converter for my european camera-charger until the next-to-last day of my vacation, which was actually the day before that 164k but i forgot to bring my digicam that day #-o d'oh...
Actually i think it was on June 4th that Fred Ochs took a pic of my 99,990 Lunar score which i did on purpose so it wouldn't roll over lol. Hope to get that from him, i gave him my email :P
Hey Pat, didnt he show you that 1 while you & Rob were bowling? :D
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Sry for eating into this FroggerPat thread guys :roll:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »