MARP Election 2008 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2008 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

I'll go ahead and nominate Weehawk as a KO coordinator.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Zhorik wrote:Current nominations are listed below. Accepted nominations are in bold, rejected nominations are underlined. New nominations are closed (except for Knockout Coordinator). Nominations can be accepted or rejected until November 26, 03:29 GMT. Failure to announce acceptance of a nomination by November 26, 03:29 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

Since there aren't yet 3 accepted Knockout Coordinator nominations (and I'm not convinced any of the outstanding nominees are going to accept), I'm going to continue to accept new Knockout Coordinator nominations until November 26, 03:29 GMT. If there still aren't 3 accepted Knockout Coordinators then, I'll probably extend further, but no promises. The Knockout has clearly been the premier MARP competition recently and it's a lot of work, so I'd really like to get 3 coordinators for it. The other position I'll probably extend nominations for if nobody accepts is the Regulation Coordinator position since that needs to be filled.

Regulation Coordinator: BBH, Chad (aka Skito), GHEMANT (aka GEMANT)
Tournament Coordinator: mahlemiut, Weehawk (aka John Cunningham aka JTC), Chad (aka Skito), GHEMANT (aka GEMANT)
Knockout Coordinators: destructor, ***PL*** (aka Pat Laffaye), INNUENDO, sikraiken, Weehawk (aka John Cunningham aka JTC), BBH, GHEMANT, mahlemiut, Phil Lamat, RAX, Sawys, Zhorik (aka gastrainga)
WCC Coordinator: Sawys, NotMan
Olympiad Coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
Time Trial coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
Sigh, ok, I've been doing a crappy job of keeping the nominations updated, and now I forgot which day it was today. Technically nominations are supposed to be completely closed now since it's after 3:29 GMT on the 26th. However since there were still so many unaccepted nominations as of 3:29, I'm going to extend the acceptance period by 24 hours. My reasoning is that if I don't extend at all, we wouldn't have a Regulation Coordinator (or Olympiad or Time Trial), but if I'm going to extend for BBH, it seems fair to give others a bit of an extension window as well.

So now nominations can be accepted or rejected until November 27, 03:29 GMT. Failure to announce acceptance of a nomination by November 27, 03:29 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination (and the only extension I may give on this is that I might extend the Knockout Coordinator nominations if we still don't have 3).

I apologize for the election rule variances to give these time extensions, but it feels like it's been tough to fill the positions this year.

-George
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Sorry, but I'll have to reject the nomination for Knockout Coordinator.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Zhorik wrote:I'll go ahead and nominate Weehawk as a KO coordinator.
Hm... I like Weehawk but my conception for KO is no golden era games :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote: Hm... I like Weehawk but my conception for KO is no golden era games :)
John has my vote if he promises to include vector graphic games only. That would be sweet, no? :)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Ok, the nomination process if finished. Accepted nominations are in bold, rejected nominations are underlined. New nominations are closed and no more nominations can be accepted. We only have two Knockout Coordinators for now, but destructor and Pat can try and find somebody on their own sometime before the Knockout.

The only contested position in the elections will be for the Knockout Chairman. We'll also have Editor Confidence votes. Election voting will begin on December 1, 00:00 GMT and will end on December 10, 23:59 GMT.

Regulation Coordinator: BBH, Chad (aka Skito), GHEMANT (aka GEMANT)
Tournament Coordinator: mahlemiut, Chad (aka Skito), GHEMANT (aka GEMANT), Weehawk (aka John Cunningham aka JTC)
Knockout Coordinators: destructor, ***PL*** (aka Pat Laffaye), BBH, GHEMANT, INNUENDO, mahlemiut, Phil Lamat, RAX, Sawys, sikraiken, Weehawk (aka John Cunningham aka JTC), Zhorik (aka gastrainga)
WCC Coordinator: Sawys, NotMan
Olympiad Coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
Time Trial coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If someone want to be KO coordinator please contact with me or Pat.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Guys, I´ve explained to Zhorik that in the next year, I´ll be more busy in university. Sorry, but I´ve declined because I won´t have free time (like in K7).

Good lucky!!!
Long life to good games