Artwork in WolfMAME

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Larcen Tyler
Button Masher
Button Masher

Artwork in WolfMAME

Post by Larcen Tyler »

I've got the directory configured for Artwork, but it's not working. Do I need to have it all in the artwork directory, or should I put each one into a folder with the game's respective names?
Larcen Tyler
Some Eternal Champions just never die
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Artwork in WolfMAME

Post by Chad »

there should be no difference in the treatment of artwork in wolfmame or mame. Directory of gamename and file in there, or zip of gamename in the artwork directory should be ok.
-skito
Larcen Tyler
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Larcen Tyler »

OK, so let's say I had artwork for Space Invaders. The directory would look something like this:

C:\WOLFMAME\ARTWORK\INVADERS

Is that right? Also, is there a recommended place for downloading the artwork? Because I'm wondering if I downloaded the wrong type.
Larcen Tyler
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Artwork should remain zipped, and placed in whatever folder is configured in mame.ini. The default is 'artwork' which means the subfolder named 'artwork' from where MAME is running.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Larcen Tyler
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Larcen Tyler »

I tried putting all the .zipped artwork files into the artwork directory, but for some reason they're still not working.
Larcen Tyler
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Well i dunno how it works for later versions of (Wolf)Mame, but here is my directory-tree for WolfMame106. The folders must have the names as indicated, within the main directory (tho you might be able to redefine any directories within the .ini file, i don't know):
dir-tree.png
dir-tree.png (361.64 KiB) Viewed 6514 times
This 'method' only works if all the files are UNzipped! Goes for all 'artwork' directories with pics.
[Again, i have no idea if this works differently with other versions of Mame.]

From the main gui window menu, you can choose what to show on the right via View --> Show pictures:
Mameplusview.png
Mameplusview.png (381.55 KiB) Viewed 6514 times
I've chosen Snapshot, Flyer, Cabinet, and Marquee, as you can see.
These correspond to the directories called snap, flyers, cabinets, and marquees in the 1st pic.
marquee-joust2.png
marquee-joust2.png (34.94 KiB) Viewed 6514 times
Most of the files only seem to work if they are .png!

Hope this helps(?) :?
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Holy crap! 4106 plays on DK and 1834 on Galaxian? My highest for 106 (which is primarily what I use) is 427 (which is for Video Pinball, one of the MAME game of the month games over at TG awhile back)...doing the math, your total time played on Galaxian is over 23 days 8O...man, that's alot of Galaxian :mrgreen:
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

CrazyKongFan wrote:Holy crap! 4106 plays on DK and 1834 on Galaxian? My highest for 106 (which is primarily what I use) is 427 (which is for Video Pinball, one of the MAME game of the month games over at TG awhile back)...doing the math, your total time played on Galaxian is over 23 days 8O...man, that's alot of Galaxian :mrgreen:
LoL yeah crazy eh :lol:
Galaxian was the first game i played in MAME, Ms. Pac-Man the second.
Couldn't stop playing Galaxian for months & months on end because i hadn't seen it or played it in 24 yrs or so! At first i played many many many short games (primarily because of a setting back then that reset the game after 9 minutes of play), then later the duration of the games started increasing (a lot!), so hence all the big numberz :roll: And i have a TON of games where i failed to reach 1M, and 900k already takes 3 hrs of playtime, so it kinda adds up!!

DK is all Level 1-1... had to learn the whole game first, as a non-dk player.
Then after 2,750 games and finally reaching 10k, i really wanted that 11k to get back on page 1 @TG ! :twisted:

My next biggest playcount is Pac-Man Plus, with 1694 and 572 hrs!

PS: how did you get Video Pinball to work? I have it (romset videopin), but it only shows a few numbers, no graphics. :? :(
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

There's an artwork file for Video Pinball that has the backdrop and LED's. Not sure where you can find it, so I'll attach it here, since it's only an 84K zip file. It goes in the artwork directory.
I've got about 27 hours logged on Pac-Man Plus from the DECA on my desktop. Probably have some on my laptop too, as I was hooking it up to my MAME cab so I could use a real joystick.
Attachments
videopin.zip
artwork file for video pinball for wolfmame 106
(83.22 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Cool, worked in 1 go, thx Fred ;)

Bit of a step down from Visual PinMAME, but oh well :lol:
(haven't been able to get VP working again since my pc crash beginning of the year)