.139 help

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

.139 help

Post by dickmoreland »

I've been using .106 for a couple of years now. Downloaded it and got it set up using some tutorials over at TG. I'm at home sick today from work so thought I'd try and get .139 working cause there are some games I'd like to play that just don't work in .106. I'm having a very hard time figuring out how to make this thing work.

I created a folder called WolfMAME139 and downloaded the program. I got it up and running but no games. So I created a folder called Roms and stuck the Asteroids rom in there. It doesn't work saying that I need another rom of chd. Ok, so I loaded up Drakton. I can get that one to play but have no clue how to make a recording or even tell which rom version I'm actually playing. Are there any insturctions out there on how to use .139? Over time, I've pretty much figured out how to use all the options for .106 but .139 doesn't seem to work anywhere close to the same.

Thanks for any help.

I found the Win32 GUI version of .139 and that seems to be much more what I'm used to.
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: .139 help

Post by mahlemiut »

If you want a GUI, then you can use MAMEPGUI, which is a standalong GUI that can be used with MAME or MESS (or SDLMAME/MESS or WolfMAME/MESS).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Or if use Wolfmame (CLI aka Command LIne) open a windows "Dos command" and just type your command line.
Example :
mame drktnjr -record drktnjr.inp

(you will notice you have to put the ".inp" while recording which was not the case with wolf106)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Or if use Wolfmame (CLI aka Command LIne) open a windows "Dos command" and just type your command line.
Example :
mame drktnjr -record drktnjr.inp

(you will notice you have to put the ".inp" while recording which was not the case with wolf106)
dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by dickmoreland »

I think I figured out the MAMEPGUI. I'll try and do another drktnjr recording later to test it out. Thanks for the help and I apologize for sending in a bad recording.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

No problem, your new input on drktnjr is fine.
Thanks for putting effort in updating your cfg