MARP Election 2010 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

It's time to nominate coordinators for 2011.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship

Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad

Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from right now to November 27, 23:59 GMT. Based on discussion on the forums, I've extended the nomination and nomination acceptance periods by a few days. We will be using the dates I've specified here.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before July 1 2010 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by November 29, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day (or so, I may be a bit time constrained over Thanksgiving).

8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities!

Election voting will begin on December 1, 00:00 GMT and will end on December 10, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.

Elections are for positions in 2011 and election winners will officially take there positions on January 1st, 2011.

See http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2010 - Call for Nominations

Post by gameboy9 »

An excellent knockout tournament has been run this year. Therefore, I nominate Ghemant, MassimoGaspari , and Nibbler_69 to continue their work for K9. Additionally, I nominate Phil Lamat to continue his good work for the WCC.

I'm going to nominate myself for the Time Trials, and The Olympiad. We haven't had either of those in a long time and I'm itching to run something... :)

Finally, I'd like discussion to remove the "public meeting" requirements for the knockout and tournament coordination positions. This implied running a meeting in our IRC channel... and I bet that hasn't been done in a long time, and it's probably not necessary. Instead, we should require "forum discussion" no less than two weeks(maybe more, I'll leave that up for discussion) before the projected start of the tournament. In fact, I think that should be a requirement before ALL tournaments...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

The only nominations made so far are those from gameboy9:

Regulation Coordinator

Knockout Coordinators
Gemant
MassimoGaspari
Nibbler_69

Tournament Coordinator

Olympiad Coordinator
Gameboy9

WCC coordinator
Phil Lamat

Time Trial Coordinator
Gameboy9
Nominations in italics have been declined. Nominations in bold have been accepted.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

No new nominations have been received since yesterday.

-George
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

No new nominations were made today.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I accept.
Massimo Gaspari
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Massimo Gaspari »

I accept the candidature for Knockout Coordinators.
nibbler 69
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by nibbler 69 »

I accept.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far:

Regulation Coordinator

Knockout Coordinators
Gemant
MassimoGaspari
Nibbler_69

Tournament Coordinator

Olympiad Coordinator
Gameboy9

WCC coordinator
Phil Lamat

Time Trial Coordinator
Gameboy9
Nominations in italics have been declined. Nominations in bold have been accepted.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

No new nominations today.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

I nominate Mahlemiut for TC
Rax for Time Trial
Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zerstorung »

Myself, BBH, and shoesama are interested in running for positions as Knockout Coordinators together. Due to our prior connections, I ask to consider allowing the three of us to run as a joint ticket versus the team of Gemant, Massimo Gaspari, and nibbler_69. We would like to work together, much like it appears the latter three would as well, based on their coordination of the ongoing K8 and their current nomination status (please let me know if I am mistaken in thinking this).

If this is allowed, then consider this to be a nomination of Zerstorung, BBH, and Shoe for Knockout Coordinators.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Well, I personally wouldn't object, but in each group, we would have to elect a chairman out of each three...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far:

Regulation Coordinator

Knockout Coordinators
Gemant/MassimoGaspari/Nibbler_69
BBH/Shoesama/Zerstorung

Tournament Coordinator
Mahlemiut

Olympiad Coordinator
Gameboy9

WCC coordinator
Phil Lamat

Time Trial Coordinator
Gameboy9
RAX

I'm going to allow the two different "teams" of coordinators to run as "teams" if they like, and I will list the two teams that way on the ballot. However votes will still be counted for individual coordinators, so voters will still be able to vote for some coordinators from one group and some from the other if they like. Zerst, this means that in theory there could be a mixed team of coordinators, so make sure you're ok with that when accepting your nomination. I'm also going to go on your word that Shoesama and BBH are accepting their nominations as well. Please let me know if anybody is not accepting these nominations. As far as the Chairman vote, if the teams want to unanimously select a "Chairman" themselves before voting starts, I would accept that individual as the Chairman if that team wins. If they'd prefer not to select a Chairman themselves, then normal voting rules will decide who the Chairman is.

George - Election Coordinator
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Hi everybody,

I have some doubts if I present myself as Tournament Coordinator:

+ Date to play tournament?
+ Tournament Rules? Number of participants? Election games?
+ Who would validate the INPS?

Thanks in advance.