Skyrim to knockout the Knockout?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Skyrim to knockout the Knockout?

Post by Dax »

Skyrim tonight ya'll!

I remember last year New Vegas kinda took the air out of K8. At least that was my perception, of course Im speculating.

I wonder though what effects the release of Skyrim will have on this years tourney.

A true gamer's dilemma. :P
BBH
Editor

Re: Skyrim to knockout the Knockout?

Post by BBH »

eh... for me it's not so much Skyrim but Saints Row The Third coming out next Tuesday. Although being in the fighting game scene there's also Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 which is going to get a lot of play around here, and I have to stay sharp in that for the sake of our local tournaments...

Unfortunately this was a big factor in my decision not to take part in K9 this year. The other being that I knew I was going to be out of town this weekend and would miss the end of a round. I didn't really want to play if I knew I wouldn't have enough time to play my best. Considering how some people got angry at me for having some unfortunate life stuff happen during the final week that gave me practically no opportunity to play, it doesn't make sense to participate if that might happen again.

It's nothing against TRB or anyone else of course, it's just bad timing. I do wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to seeing how the tournament plays out :)
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Heh, I had to google skyrim...I had no idea what it even was :mrgreen:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Been playing some Baldur's Gate lately for some reason (runs perfectly via Wine ;)) Could also play Morrowind (again via Wine), but really don't have that much time on my hands. Can only keep track of one RPG at a time. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
RichyS
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by RichyS »

I was trying to finish Dragon Age: Origins before Skyrim came out. I've had to put that on hold while I play in K9 (although I'm sure that won't distract me for long), but I have resisted temptation to buy Skyrim yet.

Baldur's Gate & Morrownind are my 2 favourite games ever, but it was much easier to find the time to play pre-kids...

Good gaming.

RichyS