To my haters

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: To my haters

Post by dickmoreland »

simpsons99 wrote:I was told i was'nt wanted at the Battle of the arcade event .. For the Washington and Or Team .
I can assure you that had nothing to do with Matt. I've had the pleasure of meeting BBH a couple of times and not only is he a great gamer but a great person to hang out with.

My advice to you is to grow a thicker skin and not worry about any comments people make about your scores and when someone helps you, try saying thank you once in awhile instead of arguing with them.

I'd also suggest you change your method of going for scores on clones first. If you can get the high score on the parent rom then putting up less than stellar efforts on the clones isn't such a big deal and people generally won't try and beat those scores. You "own" that game and people will respect that. At least that's been my experience.

But I'd also like to suggest to everyone else, "Don't hate the player, hate the game". Brian isn't breaking any rules by posting these scores and he isn't the only one doing it. There have been some suggestions in the past to not count scores on clones for the leaderboard but currently we do. The leaderboard is there for a reason and I view it as game itself and Brian is doing his best to move up this leaderboar under the current set of rules. If you don't like the rules of the game, either don't play or try and have them changed.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I have no clue what this says
Kale wrote:Tarallucci e vino ... :roll:
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

TY Dickmoreland for the respond .

Are you from Washington/Or allso?

I like to play all the sets and see the little changes in them.

I know i would have an easyer time moving up the leader board if i played the slots. I enjoy the games i play try to get better in them .

If it was'nt for the leader board I might not be here anymore .
dickmoreland wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:I was told i was'nt wanted at the Battle of the arcade event .. For the Washington and Or Team .
I can assure you that had nothing to do with Matt. I've had the pleasure of meeting BBH a couple of times and not only is he a great gamer but a great person to hang out with.

My advice to you is to grow a thicker skin and not worry about any comments people make about your scores and when someone helps you, try saying thank you once in awhile instead of arguing with them.

I'd also suggest you change your method of going for scores on clones first. If you can get the high score on the parent rom then putting up less than stellar efforts on the clones isn't such a big deal and people generally won't try and beat those scores. You "own" that game and people will respect that. At least that's been my experience.

But I'd also like to suggest to everyone else, "Don't hate the player, hate the game". Brian isn't breaking any rules by posting these scores and he isn't the only one doing it. There have been some suggestions in the past to not count scores on clones for the leaderboard but currently we do. The leaderboard is there for a reason and I view it as game itself and Brian is doing his best to move up this leaderboar under the current set of rules. If you don't like the rules of the game, either don't play or try and have them changed.
Arcade Game Scores
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

*Don't bother submitting junk on this romset for a cheap leaderboard 1st. You're wasting your time and I will beat any junk score on this game on general principle.*
That indeed is rude.

On what comes to beating scores... if someone searches for easy leaderboard points by submitting "quickies" on little contested roms - well, it's perfectly normal for other players to catch on it and follow the original submitter with better scores... that's one way to find "easy points" so to speak. Imo it's nothing personal, at least if one doesn't make such comments.

Well, I guess it depends on amount of games and effort used on beating one's scores when it becomes stalking...
But sometimes little stalking is good - creates rivalries and competition.

Nothing wrong submitting so-so scores imo. But that's of course taking a risk that they will be beaten rather sooner than later.

Looks like I've been missing out with not visiting CAG forums for some time. :)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

simpsons99 wrote:What going on with this message being posting on all the scores that beat me recently. *Don't bother submitting junk on this romset for a cheap leaderboard 1st. You're wasting your time and I will beat any junk score on this game on general principle.*
I was the first person to post this as a comment on a junglekas submission. I only had a few minutes to play the game, but I saw that you and Gerhard had made extremely weak scores that you'd probably only taken maybe 10 minutes of effort to make and which were an obvious attempt to get a cheap leaderboard 1st. My comment meant exactly what it said. If you (or anybody else) were playing the game to get a cheap leaderboard 1st, then don't bother, because you won't get one on that game. I thought that was pretty clear. Apparently I tapped into a common sentiment and a couple of other players independently started putting the same comment on some of their recordings.

But since you've asked for more detailed feedback, here it is.

I don't hate you, but I don't like how you behave either at MARP or elsewhere I've run across you in the CAG community. You're actually not a bad player when you take some time to learn a game. However you've got a persecution complex and your post on this thread is just another plea for sympathy that I don't think you deserve.

You have a MARP leaderboard obsession, or as PacWhiz best described you on the CAG forums, you have LeaderBoard Whore Syndrome (LBWS). You clearly target "weak" romsets (clones or originals) on new versions of MAME that have very weak or no submissions to try and get a 1st. Please don't try to deny this. It only takes a few seconds for anybody to look through your submission history to see this.

Now you certainly aren't the only LBW MARP has ever had and you almost certainly won't be the last. You aren't even the only active one doing it (you other guys know who you are, and so do we). But you ARE the only LBW who whines and complains about it when your weak scores get beaten.

I wrote you off when you showed your true colors and the depth of your LBW depravity when you started this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14940

In the thread you had submitted a completely junk score of 30 on a completely broken game that only had 2 enemies. You did this so that, by your own admission on the thread, you could claim a cheap leaderboard 1st place score. You were then beaten by saulonpb who managed to somehow score 50 points. Then without bothering to take the time to figure out how to play back his replay yourself, you posted on the Playbackability forum that "Theres no way he got a score of 50 on this. Theres only 2 invaders you hopefully shoot and then the game ends with a score of 30 not 50." In a follow up post you hypothesized that maybe he was intentionally lying about his score "so he can have first place."

Your behavior was rude to saulonpb (you basically accused him of intentionally lying without even bothering to play back his replay yourself). It was selfish and a waste of time to your fellow MARPers since you shouldn't be posting to the Playbackability forum unless you are having a playback problem. And you clearly couldn't care less about MARP rule 2.n that states " "Submit only games that you feel are worthy of the notice of other MARPers, owing either to personal effort, or display of skill."
simpsons99 wrote:I could play a slot game and get JP Wow first place
You have: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/cfever40 But I guess since you haven’t done it in a while its like saying “I haven’t beaten my wife lately.” But ok, you don’t like playing gambling games very much. You’re still a leaderboard whore, just one that would qualify it by saying something like “at least I don’t sleep with Jews.”
simpsons99 wrote: I like to play the bootlegs and get used to them and move into the main sets
Except when you don’t move onto the main sets and just claim first on the more or less uncontested bootlegs with weak scores for 1st like on asterixj and aurailj and bomblord and cosmica1 and crockman and demonwld2 and demonwld3 and invasiona and kovsgqyz and kovsgqyza and moonbasea and orlegend105k and orlegendca and puckpkmna and pushmana and pushmant and raidersr3 and raimaisjo and safaria and scramblebb and starforca and starforcb and westgun2. But I’m sure you were just about to get back to the main set on all of those.

In closing I’ll just say that I agree with everything BBH posted and make it clear he’s not the only one that feels that way. I’ll also say I agree with everything PacWhiz wrote about this subject in this post: http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/foru ... l#msg53504

Your Welcome,
George

“If you ever have an ACTUAL PROBLEM, please let us know. LBWS (LeaderBoard Whore Syndrome) does not qualify as a real problem.” - PacWhiz
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I'm not surprized you feel this way about me George . You have showed dislike for me for awhile now. I really feel i wasted my time watching you play Q-Bert at Rich's arcade for many hours pulling for you to get this record.

i have posted before i can not watch others recordings on newer versons of mame . I can'nt even watch my own recordings once I name the file from inp.

BBH was nice enough to give me a link to a program for this.. But for the life of me i can'nt get it to work .

Jungle King had never beaten the game before and got through the 4th screen.. I was quite happy with that first score i posted .. It just happened to be first place . I have since upped my score near 22k on the 3rd level.

I feel that is quite a inprovement over the score i posted before. But i still got the same rude post by you. Other copy caters have started saying the samething to me.

without any real reasons for them. Other than be hatefull towards me . I have never ran into a group of unfriendly like this site and the fourms here .

I'm not the only one that feels this way ... I've talked with a few other players and they feel the sameway.
Arcade Game Scores
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

Oh great. Now the MARP forums are being poisoned in the same way in which the CAGDC forums were poisoned to the extent that the Webmaster had to upgrade the software to include an 'ignore' function, so that users didn't have to read the constant whining and inane posts etc.

I'm with BBH, George, Aart et al on this. One could say "grow a pair", but if one hasn't grown a pair by the age of 40+.......umm.

As Arnie says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

Slán,

AL

p.s. Hey George, congrats on your Q-bert score!!!!!!! You kept that quiet!!! (AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!)
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Thats funny you bring that up about the Ignore thing.. That was not added becouse of me ... I talked with Mark A Tuesday night .. I talk with him here and there .
*I Can'nt really say why he called me* Theres a trust there and i'm not breaking it .

I love how my haters from other fourms are raising from the dead to post in this.

* Wish you would grow a pair your self...

I think your part of the poison that needs to go away. *
AL wrote:Oh great. Now the MARP forums are being poisoned in the same way in which the CAGDC forums were poisoned to the extent that the Webmaster had to upgrade the software to include an 'ignore' function, so that users didn't have to read the constant whining and inane posts etc.

I'm with BBH, George, Aart et al on this. One could say "grow a pair", but if one hasn't grown a pair by the age of 40+.......umm.

As Arnie says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

Slán,

AL

p.s. Hey George, congrats on your Q-bert score!!!!!!! You kept that quiet!!! (AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!)
Arcade Game Scores
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

It WAS added because of you.

**A trust thing?* I wouldn't trust you with my last donkey*

Your "haters" are other genuine decent people who have had enough of your crap.

**Yeah I'll go away as soon as you do**

And why oh why (apart from everything else) do you insist on responding to a quote by posting it (the quote)AFTER you respond?

F.O.A.D.

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Thats funny i've never done anything to anyone.

*Rise above the Hate*

I think it's strange i never see any scores from you.. But here you are bashing on me ... It must be fun for you or something .

All this hate for the Nice Guy. I think it's kinda strange how that is.
Arcade Game Scores
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

simpsons99 wrote:Thats funny i've never done anything to anyone.

All this hate for the Nice Guy. I think it's kinda strange how that is.
How are you the "Nice Guy" when we've already established that you've been rude to two members of this site regarding recordings of theirs that you couldn't playback (saulonpb and MrBunny), and then you just flat out say that I'm BAD for this site and classic gaming in general, followed by a bunch of lies about me? That's not very nice.

Note: I'm not saying I'm a perfect angel about everything that's going on - far from it, I fully acknowledge how harsh I'm being about this. But you... EVERY TIME you get called out on something you play the victim card. "Oh poor me, I haven't done anything wrong, you guys make me want to cry!". For some reason Mark takes your side all the time at CAG, but it's not going to fly here. People aren't going to coddle you everywhere you go, sometimes you have to take responsibility for your actions.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

simpsons99 wrote:I have no clue what this says
That you all are going to nowhere with this discussion.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

TY that was bugging me that i did'nt know what that means.

Oh Matt your so bitter about everything.

You never forgive anyone for there mistakes . You keep holding it over there head .

I don'nt know how you can be a lead person on this site acting like this .

Heck you told me last June when we met at the Nw Pinball and Arcade show.
*I really don'nt have time to play anymore Yes i know it's really sad*

seems like you have alot more time recently for this?
Kale wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:I have no clue what this says
That you all are going to nowhere with this discussion.
Arcade Game Scores
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

I think this song couldn't fit better... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfeCViJEK0
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Which way is this conversation heading? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ild_db.jpg