Help me find a crush roller/make trax clone

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

1up
Button Masher
Button Masher

Help me find a crush roller/make trax clone

Post by 1up »

When I discovered arcades back in the late 80's I remember playing a game similar to crush roller. I think it was set in space, or with a black background and you have to color all the tiles by walking on tem. I think the character was white and I think he could jump. Perspective was top-down. I remember one of the enemies was this 3 wheeled tricycle thing. When it got in the line of sight it would rev up and speed towards you. I remember the revving sound being really cool. Graphics were pretty good. Far better than crush roller with a lot more detail, so my guess would be late 80s or early 90s.

I found it way back, in MAME, but has since forgotten the name. Does it ring any bells?
1up
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Help me find a crush roller/make trax clone

Post by 1up »

After looking at every picture in mamedb I finally found it. It's called Mustache Boy. Character was RED, but he could jump like I remembered. It was also set in space or on a black background. And that enemy sound terrible when it revs up :lol:

1987 Seibu Kaihatsu Mustache Boy
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

-skito
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

It's a fun little game. One of the other sites had a "crapmame tourney" where they picked a bunch of crappy sounding games based mostly on their names. Some were good, some lived up to the "crapmame" name :lol: Mustache Boy was one of the games a couple years ago, although most people were using Wolfmame 106, and it didn't have sound yet in that version.