hypersports cheat!!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

hypersports cheat!!

Post by kernzy »

hi all!
i got accused of cheating on twin galaxies for this game. i do not cheat. i had this score and the 100 metres in '88 games disqualified for cheating, which is quite flattering, but still wrong.
would someone if they have a spare minute or two check this inp for cheating? it has been verified on MARP already, but got no feedback, making me feel that it is ok, as i know you guys check for cheating especially on these field related games.
i would be extremely grateful for any feedback.
all the best,
paul.
:D
Attachments
ppk_hyperspt_247270_wolf106.zip
cheat?
(95.24 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: hypersports cheat!!

Post by AL »

Hmm....looks ok to me, with the possible exception of Pole Vault. Looks like a big burst of speed while athlete is in the air maybe? You really got a lot of lift on 2nd round - 5m91 with 940 speed, and the 5m94 on 3rd round?
But that could be just down to whatever technique you used whilst 'running in the air'. I'm sure if you were 'cheating' you'd be using your 'cheat speeds' in other events - in which I see no evidence of?

Either way, one of the editors here with access to the inp-checker thingy will let you know :)

But why after you got the 9.50 on Horse (1st attempt) did you go for the 3k bonus x 2? More points for qualifying the 9.40 lol.
And work on those TJ angles - they suck :D

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I would say that the speed on buttons 1 and 3 are a bit too fast for my liking, but there is no Run Like Hell or other obvious cheats. I'd have to compare to other INPs to be completely sure.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

wow!!
thanks guys!!!! =D>
i use an x-arcade stick, and i swipe the top of the stick to the left about 3 times a second, and the rebound action gives me 3 or 4 rebounds between, so it's quite fast.
i'm not a great hypersports player, and have never got beyond 3rd time around. if the horse don't get me, the skeet shooting will!
i watched a youtube video of a guy going for the record, and he also went for the 3k bonus' after qualifying on the horse. i really just copied that, as i was lucky to actually qualify! i would have failed and got nothing if i tried again, so bonus points is more realistic for me.
i agree, my tj angles are all over the place!!
too fast, Barry?? HA!! thats a compliment alright! if i'm that fast, i should be much better. i believe buttons for running is faster, with that 8 finger technique that flyhec uses. i cannot do that!!
if you are going to compare other inp's, let me help minimise your efforts.
here is my '88 games 100 metres inp. it is only for that event, so it is very very short.
it has been dismissed as cheating also, but i never cheated. if you look on the not yet finalised twin galaxies now, you will see the record for 100m is 6 seconds, which is only achieved by using the run like hell cheat, so am annoyed they refused mine. :evil:
i'm very deflated i did not qualify for K10. maybe i will play alongside anyway, to see how i compare!!
thanks awfully, guys,
all the best,
paul. :D
Attachments
pk-88games-7.88.zip
(19.14 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I can confirm that marp's checker does NOT reveal an autofire pattern in ppk_hyperspt_247270_wolf106.zip. There a good deal of presses are with in one frame and the distribution of presses does seem odd (not a typical bell curve of how most human presses usually go but not uncommon in hypersports human recordings), but we would not disqualify it here under by only the checkers result, i.e. it's a negative for autofire.
-skito
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

cheers skito!!!
further proof MARP is better than TG!!
cheers chaps!
i am satisfied!!
:D 8)
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

Hey Paul, who at TG accused you of cheating - and what was the reason given, do you know?

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

it was russell archey.
he never accused me totally, he said the scores would not be verified as they were questionable, and he asked if i used the run like hell cheat.
unfortunately, i get so many emails, i never even saw the messages until tg went offline.
i thought they used wolf106 because it did not allow the cheat when recording?
i've never used the cheat, so don't really know.
i just don't want to have to pay $15 to have a score accepted which was uploaded last year.
cheers fella's!!
all the best,
paul.
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

For some reason, the Run Like Hell cheat shows up on Hyper Sports in 106, but not on Track N Field (and clones). It even lets you do it while you're recording (I just tested it)
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

ok!
cheers.
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

Don't listen to that people kernzy:

THIS is a good hypersports cheating :D
try to believe it :wink:
Attachments
Thisisagoodcheating_wolf106.zip
(91.24 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

ha haaaa!!!!
your swimmer can just hold his breath like AQUAMAN!!!!
is that with the run like hell cheat? its very fast. even with the cheat, you're very accurate.
i don't know how i can be confused with cheating, it is much MUCH faster!!
i believe it is my rhythm that flagged my inp. he said i was doing 13 per second. if i get my swiping correct, it feels extremely rhythmical and fluent. i can see how this may look unnatural.
thanks for your time everyone! =D>
case closed!!!
i was beginning to wonder if i was a cheat or not!!!!
HA!!
many thanks!!
paul.
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

kernzy wrote:ha haaaa!!!!
your swimmer can just hold his breath like AQUAMAN!!!!
is that with the run like hell cheat? its very fast. even with the cheat, you're very accurate.
i don't know how i can be confused with cheating, it is much MUCH faster!!
i believe it is my rhythm that flagged my inp. he said i was doing 13 per second. if i get my swiping correct, it feels extremely rhythmical and fluent. i can see how this may look unnatural.
thanks for your time everyone! =D>
case closed!!!
i was beginning to wonder if i was a cheat or not!!!!
HA!!
many thanks!!
paul.
Well,maybe it can sounds strange but..the RLH is TOO SLOW for that kind of cheating :lol: and maybe that's why your input can be confused with cheating,especially using that swiping technique on a light spring's Happ Controls competition joystick like the default one mounted on an X-arcade i suppose..

By the way i use an oscilloscope for speed,'cause for reaching the top in every event it must vary.
I.E.: the 1900cm/sec needed for best performance on weight lifting are too much for the long horse,and your athlete's spins speed will slow down considerably!

About the Sub-Mariner powerup of my swimmer :lol: ..well..it's not quite easy to perform,but is perfectly legit: AL gave me that hint some time ago,maybe he could explain better than me,'cause my english is not so good as it seems :oops:

cheers

AGO
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

an oscilloscope?
bloody hell! thats taking it to a new level!!
i just tried the breathing cheat. did not work for me yet!
cheers mate!
paul.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Chad wrote:I can confirm that marp's checker does NOT reveal an autofire pattern in ppk_hyperspt_247270_wolf106.zip. There a good deal of presses are with in one frame and the distribution of presses does seem odd (not a typical bell curve of how most human presses usually go but not uncommon in hypersports human recordings), but we would not disqualify it here under by only the checkers result, i.e. it's a negative for autofire.
Joystick use is a bit of a grey area...

If you use the technique of slapping a sensitive, springy, joy one direction and it bounces after that few moves back&forth obviously the result is not going to follow normal distribution... as only one push is done by human hand and rest are done by joystick springs bouncing the stick back&forth.
Of course one could have used the same technique at arcade... but on home conditions one could mechanically adjust the stick to be of optimal sensitivity. Basically the hardware is doing button pushes for you...

Now same problem is also claimed to have been replicated with buttons; so called "vibrating technique" with extremely sensitive buttons.

So it can in principle be duplicated in arcade environment, but I'm leaning to the opinion that optimally EVERY push should create one and only one signal... and thus gaps during rapid bursts would follow bell curve, or at least some sort of human-like distribution... otherwise it comes a bit of a case of comparing apples and oranges.