scanlines!!!! :)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

scanlines!!!! :)

Post by kernzy »

hey people!
i hope your all having fun playing games?
i would very much like to use scanlines on my command prompt mames. i recently played a few games on wolf106 and realised it looks much nicer and more arcade like than without.
i have scanned these pages, and the interweb, but i have not got anything to work, and feel i'm corrupting something. is there a command i can paste into configuration settings that works for all wolfmames?
if you don't use scanlines, i say, turn them on!! i'm after 75% horizontal scanlines. it's very much nicer.
cheers +chaps,
all the best,
kernzy.
8)
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

working games in "not working" list !!

Post by kernzy »

hey!
i just played raiden on wolf106. i knew it worked from a previous submission. however, i had to look in the "all games" tab to see it. it was not in the "available" tab.
how can i get games that work to appear in the "working" list?
is it because i may not have all the roms for these games?
how many more games can i expect to find work in the not working tab?
thanks in advance.
kernzy.
:D
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: scanlines!!!! :)

Post by mahlemiut »

Last I remember, the Available tab has nothing to do with whether or not the game is working, it just means you have the correct ROMs. If it's not availabe, then the set could be missing, incomplete, or just wrong. If you've updated the romset at some point, you'll need to rescan your ROMs, or individually audit the ROMset.

Remember that the Raiden sets were shuffled around in 0.146, so the new set will only work in 0.106 if you have the ROMs for both in the parent raiden.zip.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: scanlines!!!! :)

Post by kernzy »

cheers Barry.
that second post was supposed to be another thread!
have you any advice on the original message, scanlines?
cheers pal.