Wolf149: "No Driver Loaded" (empty)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DaLar
Button Masher
Button Masher

Wolf149: "No Driver Loaded" (empty)

Post by DaLar »

Hi,

I just downloaded wolfmame149 from MARP-link (like I did with earlier Wolfs).. http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/wolfmame-0149.7z
Unzipped it, created a couple of folders, CMD-prompt and MAME.ini (-cc).
But when running a game/MAME there's just black screen -- you can "blind-start" the game and hear sounds..

Running it windowed it says = "MAME: No Driver Loaded [__empty]"

Tried removing MAME.ini - no difference..

Anyone..? :)
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Wolf149: "No Driver Loaded" (empty)

Post by mahlemiut »

There is a known issue where there is no display on systems that use integrated Intel video. Try -video ddraw.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
DaLar
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by DaLar »

Thanks!

-video ddraw works,,, but it's like the resolution is slighly lower/fuzzy using directdraw..?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Filtering is sometimes enabled with DirectDraw, depending on your video drivers. It can not be toggled with DirectDraw, however, only Direct3D or OpenGL (SDL builds) can actually control whether or not filtering is enabled.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Despatche
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Despatche »

if it's anything like the old directdraw, you might be able to fix everything by disabling "stretch with hardware" (if it still exists) and messing with the resolution options, etc. m+gui or qmc should let you easily get into that stuff, idk the cdl commands anymore.

i'm not a fan of the directx support.. it's cool that i can switch between proper stretching and native resolution at any time, but some lines of pixels are messed up unless i press all these crazy buttons... better to just use directdraw and deal with native resolution half the time.

edit: oh, i'd like to point out that intel integrated cards probably run 0.150 fine... just not really old ones. what me and chad have is pentium 4-tier. core i3/i5/i7s probably work great, i'm sure even the old core 2 cards work fine.