IGBY 2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

IGBY 2

Post by wolfman24 »

Internet Gaming Bash of the Year 2

The return of IGBY is coming in July. Players can sign up for the contest at http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main and pick what team they wish to play for. Who will win this time? Will it be DKF again or one of the newcomer teams such as MARP or TG?

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period July 1st to August 5th

2. - Minimum of 20 games. Each team will choose the same amount of games – send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 30th. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf. Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - Adjudication – We understand different people have access to different equipment - both for broadcast/recording and gameplay (e.g arcade/MAME cabinets). With that in mind - and a desire to be as inclusive as possible since this is just for fun - the official policy will be "make your best effort to provide evidence." While video and/or INP is still the best form of evidence, we will also accept screenshots, photographs, and in-person verification as evidence for arcade cabinets and other situations (e.g. batteries fail, memory cards fill up) where a more complete form of evidence is not available or easily accessible. Every score is subject to challenge / review, regardless of what forms of evidence is supplied. Therefore, it is in every player's best interest to provide as much evidence as possible.

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

7. scoring will be Top 5 from each team per game will score points for their team.

8. Teams are required to have a minimum of 10 players. Any team that does not have 10 registered players by the beginning of the event will be required to be placed in a state of "partnership". This is essentially a merger of two teams. For example, if Team XYZ is partnered with DKF, then the two teams will become "DKF + XYZ", essentially working as one. It is the sole discretion of the event organizer (wolf) if and how partnerships will occur, but in the event they do occur, they will be engineered to ensure overall tournament-wide team balance.

games that can't be picked
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by wolfman24 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBH
Editor

Re: IGBY 2

Post by BBH »

signed up for the MARP team. if anyone else was wanting to represent MARP, get in there because each team needs a minimum of 10 players!
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I signed up as well, and we've picked up several other players as well. Let's see more signups and show the rest of the gaming community how strong Team MARP is!

Here's a list of the current MARP signups:

BBH
Pwnasaurus
TRB_MetroidTeam
ThePro
falcor781
gstrain
paolocolman

We need to get at least 10 players signed up by the end of the month to avoid being merged with another teams!

-George
Krj
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Krj »

I join the marpers... Hoping to help :D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Zhorik wrote:I signed up as well, and we've picked up several other players as well. Let's see more signups and show the rest of the gaming community how strong Team MARP is!

Here's a list of the current MARP signups:

BBH
Pwnasaurus
TRB_MetroidTeam
ThePro
falcor781
gstrain
paolocolman

We need to get at least 10 players signed up by the end of the month to avoid being merged with another teams!

-George
Wow. Yet it is a strong team ! I subscribed for the RU Team like last year but i see you're almost ready for the event :-) Go go marpers :-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Can we discuss possible game selections here?
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I´m on in MARP team. Count on me, guys. :)
Long life to good games
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Welcome Krj and INNUENDO! Sawys, you can still change teams until the end of June and join MARP :)

I agree with OMG Kreygasm, let's discuss our game selections here. There will probably be 3 or 4 game selections per team (final count will depend on # of teams). Last year each team picked 4 games.

Selection suggestions already made by MARP team members over on the DKF forums have been:

falcor781:
1. Gradius III
2. Vs. Clu Clu Land
3. Wonderboy
4. Battlantis
5. Pnickies

gstrain:
1, Congo Bongo
2. Super Cobra
3. Super Zaxxon
4. Swimmer
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

1. Speed Buggy
2. Arkanoid
3. Champion Baseball (bunting leech tactic banned)
4. Wizard of Wor
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Can't really decide on games...lots are banned, for now lets say:

1. Turbo outrun
2. Battlantis
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
Krj
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Krj »

Woflman could you open the "Team Communication" feature now on the site, perhaps changing the start date of the event?
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I suggest these games:

Rygar
Chelnov - Atomic Runner
Saint Dragon
Blood Bros
Gaplus
Long life to good games
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

updated rule 4 some key things
each team will pick 3 games but have at least 5 to 6 games in case of issues with them
June 28 sign up will be closed
June 29 teams will send in their picks to the board for voting
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Good luck to you, guys.
I won't be at home on july so I won't be able to help
Krj
Button Masher
Button Masher