Yolympics 2016

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Yolympics 2016

Post by wolfman24 »

top 5 on the teams scores, there will be a draft on wednesday night to make the teams, you can play as many games as you want, some people play the games they are good at or play the games that the team needs help on, jan 26th is the start of the contest and the end is march 1st
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Registred :D Not that much time to play for me but heck, just for the fun of it :)
QRS
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Count on me too. Will be a great tournament!!
Long life to good games
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

wolfman24 wrote:top 5 on the teams scores, there will be a draft on wednesday night to make the teams, you can play as many games as you want, some people play the games they are good at or play the games that the team needs help on, jan 26th is the start of the contest and the end is march 1st
Thanks Wolf....so there will be of course a teams leaderboard....and one for single players too....?!
Another organizative question....have a way for teams members to comunicate (to set up strategies, for example) been foreseen ...?!
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Cicca wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:top 5 on the teams scores, there will be a draft on wednesday night to make the teams, you can play as many games as you want, some people play the games they are good at or play the games that the team needs help on, jan 26th is the start of the contest and the end is march 1st
Thanks Wolf....so there will be of course a teams leaderboard....and one for single players too....?!
Another organizative question....have a way for teams members to comunicate (to set up strategies, for example) been foreseen ...?!
there will be a leaderboard for single players, I think twin galaxies are making forums for the teams
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

wolfman24 wrote:
Cicca wrote:
there will be a leaderboard for single players, I think twin galaxies are making forums for the teams
uhmmm.....so why being divided into teams....if the LB is not for teams, but for single players...?! :roll:
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

there will be a team leaderboard too the single one is mainly just for fun
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Btw, should not Bosconian be 5 ship only? Based on the high scores on marp, It seems people can marathon that game in a similar fashion as with Robotron :)
QRS
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Fine, wolf.... :D
WOW....draft is done...I'm in the "True Champions" team....and actually there are real true champions there (BBH, Barra, wolfman24....just to name those I know... ;-)

I would have personally preferred a larger number of teams (90 players -> 9 teams).....IMHO it could have been more challenging....but anyway we'll surely have a sleepless month.... :mrgreen:

PS: about the rules.....has spang to be played in panic mode...?! I guess so....but it's not specified anywhere....
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

For Super Pang:

Special rules: Tour Mode
QRS
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Cicca wrote: WOW....draft is done...I'm in the "True Champions" team....and actually there are real true champions there (BBH, Barra, wolfman24....just to name those I know... ;-)

Wolfy <3
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

I also have a question about Rodland. The dip settings say default episode of 1. Is episode 2 allowed? It's accessed via a code after inserting a coin (insert coin, down, down, down, start). The levels/enemies/bosses are completely different and the scoring is potentially different as well. I've also heard of a bug in episode 2 that allows scores of 20M+ (see MARP recordings here by Novice) but the recording is on a very old version of MAME. Hopefully someone who knows the game better can chime in here as I've only started playing it this week in anticipation of Yolympics.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Looks like the rule decision on Rodland will be that no Special Code is allowed when starting.

Make sure to double check all settings/rules at the start of the play on Jan 26th to ensure you are using the correct settings as on a few games settings/rules are still being finalized as a result of things like your question above.

-George
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Shoutbox support for Black Tiger speedrun is real but like a candle in the wind. So seriously, can we consider it? No one wants to leech.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

For claiming a score, is it enough uploading on Marp ?