B. Rap Boys Special 1 credit clear replay

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BBH
Editor

B. Rap Boys Special 1 credit clear replay

Post by BBH »

Well... I started playing B. Rap Boys recently with the goal to finish the Special version on one credit. Unfortunately, MAME recordings for the game still desync every time as of version 0.168. So I decided to stream some attempts on my twitch channel, and managed to luck out and pull it off last night. Can't do anything with it for official MARP submissions but figured I may as well post the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzEPpC-iyNQ
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: B. Rap Boys Special 1 credit clear replay

Post by xanadu71 »

Hey BBH, i often follow your twitch channel. I wasn't sure that was you when i saw BBH for the initials. Your streaming is always interesting. Keep going !
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
GJTMarper
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by GJTMarper »

Congrats BBH!

Has there been any determination as to the root cause of the constant desyncing? From all I've seen, it's a total mystery as to the cause...
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

xanadu71 wrote:Hey BBH, i often follow your twitch channel. I wasn't sure that was you when i saw BBH for the initials. Your streaming is always interesting. Keep going !
Thanks! Streaming can be fun so I'm trying to do it more often.

GJTMarper wrote:Congrats BBH!

Has there been any determination as to the root cause of the constant desyncing? From all I've seen, it's a total mystery as to the cause...
Haze posted on one of the topics about the game and he doesn't have an answer for us either. Some Kaneko games (this, Blood Warrior...) had tricky copy protection that kept them from getting emulated for the longest time, so perhaps there's something still weird involved with the protection that's causing the desyncs.