To Hisa (and Team2ch)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

But what we really need is a new TG MAME version. That's something I'm looking at doing, but to be honest, I know stuff all about encryption, which doesn't really help. :?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

We've needed a new TG MAME for the last two years at least... there's the joystick and the windows problems that we've all heard about with the 0.35 version...

alas......
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

smame, you're a good man. Thanks for explaining these things.

But still, most of us on MARP find it strange that Hisa/Novice always refers to his recordings as "poor junk" when they're still usually a lot better than whatever the current high score was... I know, it's "poor junk" compared to whatever the Gamest/Arcadia/whatever record is in Japan, but... a score can still be "good" without being a world record. Only one person out of 6 billion or so people can have a world record on a game (unless it maxes out, heh), does that make every score that anybody else in the world might get "poor"? Not necessarily. If you're proud of a score and feels it represents good gameplay, then more power to you. Don't we all play games for fun anyway? Some people take these things way too seriously.

as for why nobody from 2ch has recorded with TGMAME, well, it could be because it's an unofficial version of MAME that has only been used for MARP and Snipercade. As smame said, they've had to explain in Japanese to members of 2ch how to submit scores to MARP for the players who aren't as fluent in English... so it's not much of a surprise that they would know nothing about TGMAME. Nonetheless though, it would still be nice to see some scores submitted with it... maybe when the next tournament rolls around?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

point counter point

Post by Chad »

In Hisa's weak defense, a few other players say their recordings (that beat everyone elses) are junk not in so many words.

Kale via arabiamj : Level 6 boss,not bad for a stupid test try.

in a game where even reggie could hardly get passed boss 3 or 4 if i remember right.

JMD via outline: Blah, I really suck on stage 9

where tommi was trying a while and couldn't break the 150 mark.

unless they are imitating hisa as a joke, they're doing the same thing. I can sort see this as legitimate trash talking, trying to psyche your opponents out, not a cry of snobery.

In Hisa's offense, why be little a good recording? Yes we all have sucky games and maybe you feel that your effort was less than spectacular, but what was your effort when you first played that game. did you reach 1/10th of your current average score on the game? i don't think so, so you are dissing your own and everyone elses learning ability to achieve scores based on hard work, when you say "my recording that nearly gets gamest record is junk."

i hesitated saying this, being on one side in favor of hisa and against all who oppose him, but i like being devil's advocate. :twisted:
-skito
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: point counter point

Post by The TJT »

Chad wrote: JMD via outline: Blah, I really suck on stage 9

where tommi was trying a while and couldn't break the 150 mark.
Tseh, I was not hurt, played the game so little, enough to take first places. Might take them back some day though, when(sigh) I run out of other more interesting titles 8O

hmmm....On the other hand, if I had tried my heart out :evil:

------------
Finished all clear, sample replay
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Very nice begin, SMAME. Is the same that I´ve told to JLr, THUNDER and MORENO. "Let´s ´put a -DF to every friendo on BRAZIL!! know us.

So, my cousing and my 2 friends, joined on this idea. I don´t like the idea to have a team with my friends on MARP. Soon, I´ll beat the hi-scores of FLICKY by JLr, ZED BLADE by THUNDER and JAIL BREAK by MORENO. i don´t know when but I´m working on it. :wink:

And to finish. You and the rest of the japaneses players of team2ch, are great players. My favourite replays of your team is GOLDEN AXE 499, CHELNOV +474.000, FINAL FIGHT +2.800.000 and RAIDEN +7.700.000.

Bye.
Long life to good games
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Chad wrote:Kale via arabiamj : Level 6 boss,not bad for a stupid test try.
in a game where even reggie could hardly get passed boss 3 or 4 if i remember right.
I'm not offending anybody;if I've really wanted to offend him I've added some sort of:"The true face of the Game's HI can only be seen at the hardest level" .

I can't understand:Reggie is the first to offend others, saying that the true etcetera ,then he didn't made nothing worth for my socks.
4k for ArabianM,50k on Asterix,3m on hook(while GAMEST record is
23m
),753k on lightbr,212k ON MIA(10m+ here)!6k ON MOO(no comment)!!!!!

WHAT FUCK!He can just put the hardest thing when it's better for him(I'll not be surprised if he do so for Thunder Blade or Capcom vs. SNK).

Just hate people when they submit for THAT FUCKING 100pts!And that
"monopoly valzer" on Arabian M. surely disgusted me...

"Died at the twins"ARGH!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Kale wrote:
Chad wrote:Kale via arabiamj : Level 6 boss,not bad for a stupid test try.
I'm not offending anybody;if I've really wanted to offend him I've added some sort of:"The true face of the Game's HI can only be seen at the hardest level" .

I can't understand:Reggie is the first to offend others, saying that the true etcetera ,then he didn't made nothing worth for my socks.
4k for ArabianM,50k on Asterix,3m on hook(while GAMEST record is
23m
),753k on lightbr,212k ON MIA(10m+ here)!6k ON MOO(no comment)!!!!!
In Reggie's defense, you really shouldn't be ripping on his Moo Mesa score when that's about all that one can do on mame59. (yes, I'm aware that it has apparently been fixed in the next release, but there's obviously nothing that can be done about it at this point in time).

Back on subject, I hate people who say "Ohh, I suck at this game" when they end up getting 1st...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

BBH wrote:Back on subject, I hate people who say "Ohh, I suck at this game" when they end up getting 1st...
What I hate are those that say "I hate this game" or "This game sucks", especially when the score isn't all that impressive.
- Barry Rodewald
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Why bother playing if it sucks...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Why bother playing if it sucks...
My point exactly.
- Barry Rodewald
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

Chad wrote:In Hisa's weak defense, a few other players say their recordings (that beat everyone elses) are junk not in so many words.
And you're not even going into the "This recording is not sufficiently impressive" stuff I was doing, totally to make fun of Hisa. :->
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Heh. Another "impersonation" i might add, is BBH's Ninja Gaiden 3 recording (haha).
Poor 1 < < > > 7 Good
This recording isn't worth LEVEL 0, hell it's not even worth LEVEL -1! It's so poor it will take years off your life if you watch it! It's been known to cause birth defects in unborn children! But it does beat the official Smokey record, which my cat Smokey set. Come to my webpage plz
I also like, not that it's related to Hisa, BBH's Bucky O' Hare note:
Dear Konami: thank you for dicking over the US players yet again by making it impossible to earn extra lives. Love, BBH
I feel the same about Namco and Dragon Saber. :)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah i didn't choose the making fun of stuff since that's all fun in games till richy sticks his dick in his mouth. I only wanted to search for things that seemed to be real trash talking about their own recording. Kale i didn't think you were offending anyone, just the description fit. I personally don't care what anyone says in the description (except for 100 character words) as long as the damn recordings playback :twisted:
-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

BBH wrote: In Reggie's defense, you really shouldn't be ripping on his Moo Mesa score when that's about all that one can do on mame59. (yes, I'm aware that it has apparently been fixed in the next release, but there's obviously nothing that can be done about it at this point in time).
So why submitting for it,then?Is it impossible that people shouldn't send inps for broken games?I'm currently not interested in moo(mainly because I don't want to lose a day for kill one boss),but on what I've understand,he lost his play NOT for the FREEZE bug,but because he lost versus the third boss.And someone who says(arabianm):

<<"The true face of the game's AI can only be seen at the hardest level !!!" Reggie I'm not so good to show it to you yet ... >>

Then he didn't beat 4th boss is just a stupid moron.
BBH wrote:Back on subject, I hate people who say "Ohh, I suck at this game" when they end up getting 1st...
Why does somebody should do a comment "related to his opponent scores" and not on "his feelings"?
Ever had the sensation that your score suck even if got the "first place"?Especially when the old 1st is a mere "level 2 lost"?
I've just made a "stupid try" to check if the "things learnt" until level 5 were REALLY learnt or not,after "just" 10 hours of training.But whatever...