yet another post,talking about stuff in Millipede(compliant)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

negative1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

yet another post,talking about stuff in Millipede(compliant)

Post by negative1 »

ok, i've been playing all the centipede games,
and am now working on millipede..

the difficulty in this game ramps up incredibly
quickly...and the game moves blazingly fast,
but i've got my all time high score..

game : milliped (millipede)
score : 396459

notes : 3men+extras at 15k.../ a very good game for me..but watch out for all those spiders.... / delete .nvram and no sound to replay.../mouse to move+keyboard to shoot

version used : win61

i cant seem to upload it...
so here's the file..

http://www.negative1.net/test/rg1_milli ... _win61.zip

later

| | | || | || | |
ne gati ve 1
Last edited by negative1 on Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
negative1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

_millipede_flyers_

Post by negative1 »

flyers can be found here:

[*NOTE:i'm moving images on my site to /games/pics *]

http://www.jmpc.com/Starcade/games/millipede2.htm

the background story is actually pretty good.

also, i read the instructions for the first time,
and after 15 years or whatever, i finally found
out ,

when you hit the BEETLES, the WHOLE SCREEN
COMES DOWN ONE LEVEL...sheesh..

better late than never i guess..
later

| | | || || | ||
ne gative 1
Last edited by negative1 on Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

also, i read the instructions for the first time, and after 15 years or whatever, i finally found out ,

when you hit the BEETLES, the WHOLE SCREEN COMES DOWN ONE LEVEL...sheesh..
Something similar happened to me with Carnival. I played a few times getting ready for the Funspot tournament this past summer, and on some games I would run out of bullets really fast. I couldn't figure out why until I read the instructions and learned that the hitting the bar on the top left could result in losing bullets (depending on what appeared in the bonus box).

Of course the instructions will only take you so far...they don't tell you everything. Here's a couple of tips on Millipede:

1. On the screen immediately after the mosquito swarm, the entire playfield comes down one level every few seconds. If you end up on that board for too long, you eventually get inundated with mushrooms in the very bottom of the screen. Recently, I had someone watching me play who *didn't* realize this and he actually said he had wondered why that screen was often very difficult for him.

For this screen, there are three ways to stop the screen from coming down. First, complete the wave. Second, get killed during the wave. The third?? Hit a DDT bomb.

2. Beetles are a pain because the drop the screen one level and they also produce "indestructible" flowers out of mushrooms. Well, that's not quite true...it is possible to get rid of a flower (other than dying, of course).

Each time you complete a screen, the playfield shifts down one level. If you happen to be directly under a flower when the screen shifts, the flower will be eliminated. Of course, you can only get rid of one flower per board, so you have to strategically plan which flower you want to get rid of.

Also remember that the spider will eat both mushrooms and flowers.
negative1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

_more_millipede_

Post by negative1 »

dbh wrote:[
1. On the screen immediately after the mosquito swarm, the entire playfield comes down one level every few seconds. If you end up on that board for too long, you eventually get inundated with mushrooms in the very bottom of the screen
i noticed that when the mosquitos come on the screen,
either they remove mushrooms, or on those waves,
a lot tend to disappear..ok, never mind...i read the
instructions again..

and the playing field goes up 1 level when you hit them..

(YET ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED...)
For this screen, there are three ways to stop the screen from coming down. First, complete the wave. Second, get killed during the wave. The third?? Hit a DDT bomb.
on some levels, i've noticed the DDT bombs poison the mushrooms
around them, or transform other areas into boxes of cleared
out mushrooms..
2. Beetles are a pain because the drop the screen one level and they also produce "indestructible" flowers out of mushrooms. Well, that's not quite true...it is possible to get rid of a flower (other than dying, of course).

Each time you complete a screen, the playfield shifts down one level. If you happen to be directly under a flower when the screen shifts, the flower will be eliminated. Of course, you can only get rid of one flower per board, so you have to strategically plan which flower you want to get rid of.

Also remember that the spider will eat both mushrooms and flowers.
yes, these i was aware off..

i'm not sure if there's any interest in this,

but i could transcribe the article if needed..

thanks once again for the information..

by the way, mr. hayes, have you tried this
with a trackball?

i'm using windows 98 and mame32-61, and i'm getting near
perfect response!....it works very well..

later

| || || | | | ||
ne gative 1
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

on some levels, i've noticed the DDT bombs poison the mushrooms around them, or transform other areas into boxes of cleared out mushrooms..
I don't think it poisons mushrooms (at least, I don't recall ever seeing it do that). It does clear out the mushrooms around it.
by the way, mr. hayes, have you tried this with a trackball?

i'm using windows 98 and mame32-61, and i'm getting near perfect response!....it works very well..
I've only played a couple times (been busy practicing some other games recently). The response of the trackball did seem better than Centipede.