delete records

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:49 pm

Ok, I've been looking at some threads on that Italian board, and attempting to use Babelfish to translate some of them... which doesn't entirely help, but sometimes you can get the gist of it... such as this thing I found posted by Gemant:
BBH è un sempliciotto... si vede che non se ne intende di record alti.....

anch'io come ho detto sul forum dello stesso MARP, ho notato che alcuni record sono stati fatti cambiando i settaggi di default... ottnenedo il massimo punteggio

inoltre io stesso possiedo alcuni numeri di gamest e confermo che sulla rivista non si fa cenno alcuno ai settaggi utilizzati (a riprova che BBH è un sempliciotto)
comunque per me un record è sempre un record... documentato o no

gli emu sono in voga da pochi anni, prima si usava fare il record solo in sala.. e l'unica traccia era solo il punteggio nella schermata del demo...
That first part, "BBH è un sempliciotto", I had to find a translation of "sempliciotto" elsewhere, but it basically means "simpleton". The rest of that post is saying something about default settings being changed, then he says that a record is a record, even if it's been proven that "BBH is a simpleton". (I think this came from the same thread saying something about Shock Troopers, where then Gemant and someone else were talking about either "humiliating" or "bringing to mercy" BBH again... huh?)

Also saw a post from Gemant about how I saw his name on the Neo-Geo forums and complimented his play, and made a whole post saying about how the "[something, probably meant something big] of MARP is amazed at the play coming from Italy" or something like that.

Between all this and the already-quoted post saying that MARP is full of shit, or whatever... all I can say is this. Gemant, what the fuck? I thought you were cool. :( But I guess you were just being kind to the simpleton, eh?

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Post by Novice » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:09 pm

DEFCON=5
Buttermaker wrote:Could somebody who speaks Italien please translate this. I found that on the board Kale mentioned. It tried translating it with Altavista's Babelfish but that isn't too much help.
MARP è un sito pieno di shit, hanno delle regole tutte loro "occidentalizzate" se vogliamo, fatte apposta per gli scarsoni

e la loro idea di record mi fa solo ridere

ora, elimare i record provvisti di nvram benchè questi siano nettamente superiori a quelli presenti è una gran stronzata

secondo: giocare per avanzare nella classifica è altresì un minchiata senza pari

questo è il tipico modo di fare degli scarsi "occidentalizzati" che interpretano in maniera tutta loro il significato del termine record

c'è un thread nella sezione playability dove chiedo delle cose relative a un record a dodonpachi da oltre 750 milioni, hisa chan ha risposto che su marp non viene accettato perchè lo giudicano non ricordo come...... cioè il record è regolare ma quelli hanno da ridire su non so che cosa

forse non lo accettano solo perchè è giappo e ciò toglierebbe posti e punti ai poveri citrulli che fanno record di merda al di sotto dei 50 milioni ma sono americani, ad esempio come i tipi che c'erano prima dell'arrivo del teamch

altre cazzate derivano dalle regole di leeching che vanno bene per x gioco ma non vanno bene per y gioco....
alla fine fanno come gli pare a loro

unica pecca, marp è il sito + famoso e + grande nonchè + seguito e le alternative sono misere purtroppo

I want translation.
I can not understand Italian language.


The best part of MARP(and TeamItaly) was died now.
now,only manymanymany worthless junks are remaining....
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:38 pm

Kale wasn't kidding, I'm famous there. More things I've discovered there:

-apparently I've been referred to as the "Capolista" of MARP, which I can't find a translation for. help anyone?

-Gemant blasting my Top Hunter score, saying that if only I knew that "average" scores are a million. (I'm still waiting to see a recording that does this)

-"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what have I seen!!!!!!!!!! BBH dares to have the first position on METAL SLUG with poor 1.463.000???????????????? AHHHHHHHHHHH punishment!!!!!!!!!!" Hey, sorry if I didn't know the stupid leeching bug on Stage 5! You'll probably be talking shit about my 1.9 million point score, I don't care. I know you're capable of getting over 3 million on Metal Slug, Gemant... so why did you never upload on it? If you don't like what the current high score is, take action and beat it.

-"If you wanted to defeat BBH I would succeed without difficulty in a month... with the aid of other persons..."

-"BBH is 1st place on games with little competition... nearly always Neo-Geo/Capcom... where there is little competition" (nearly always? I'm willing to bet Neo-Geo/Capcom games don't even make up half of my 1st places. as for little competition... if you're not going to provide any, then shut the fuck up)

-posts from Gemant and essekappa suggesting that BBH is a team of players (this probably got started after that silly team business early in the year). Suspicions arising from the fact that I've played so many games and "have had time to confirm many" too. Sorry people, I'm just one man.



It really is flattering that I would get talked about this much there. Especially since some people seem to think I'm the best player at MARP... I'm not, and have never claimed to be. I just enjoy playing these games for fun, and hanging out with the people on the site and on #marp... or at least, the ones that DON'T talk shit about you behind your back. If you've got a problem with me, why don't you be honest and say it to me.

This goes out to those of you who are going to continue to talk about this thread on their own forum:

FUCK YOU.

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:46 pm
Contact:

Post by LN2 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:42 pm

whoa, how did the BB code not filter that word in BBH's posts yet does in others? :P

BBH, it's overall a compliment IMHO cuz they are trying to knock down your accomplishments of high scores. They are trying to make up for their own inadequencies for tons of other games they can't play for crap. hehe

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:07 am

LN2 wrote:whoa, how did the BB code not filter that word in BBH's posts yet does in others? :P
As far as I know there's no swear filter on this site...?
BBH, it's overall a compliment IMHO cuz they are trying to knock down your accomplishments of high scores. They are trying to make up for their own inadequencies for tons of other games they can't play for crap. hehe
Well yeah, like I said, I find it to be a compliment that little ol' me gets talked about so much over there, with people even theorizing that I'm more than one person. I don't agree with the second thing you say though, because Gemant has definitely proven himself as an incredible player. Capable of uploading so much more too, I have been waiting to see his 3 million on Metal Slug ever since he mentioned it, but nothing...

more misplaced skill. such a pity.

User avatar
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:15 pm
Location: A pub or an off-licence in Dublin , Ireland .
Contact:

Hisa....?

Post by AL » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:12 am

Sorry . But you say , many many worthless junks are remaining ?
Do you mean the recordings ( of course lots are crap! ) , or do you mean the players ?...or their point of view ?

I'm assuming the former.....?


Also , I can understand the problem of language barrier here.... ( nope....can't speak a word of Japanese ).

Slán ,

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Post by Novice » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:03 am

DEFCON=2
BBH wrote: -posts from Gemant and essekappa suggesting that BBH is a team of players (this probably got started after that silly team business early in the year). Suspicions arising from the fact that I've played so many games and "have had time to confirm many" too. Sorry people, I'm just one man.
FUCK YOU.
Be temper.

I know "BBH" is a one man.
Generally,"Team" uploads "ONLY" one's favorite recordigns.

BBH has toooo many recordings what he does not know "how to play"
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:11 am

Novice wrote: Be temper.

I know "BBH" is a one man.
Generally,"Team" uploads "ONLY" one's favorite recordigns.

BBH has toooo many recordings what he does not know "how to play"
Hey, fuck you too! You're still on my shit list you little asshole. Trying to tell me what kind of recordings I should be uploading? Why don't you just leave this damn site already if it's "full of worthless junks"? Dipshit.

I don't play games to be the absolute best in the world and obsess over the Gamest records. I PLAY GAMES TO HAVE FUN. Can you comprehend that, fucktard?

User avatar
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:11 am
Location: Italy

Post by GHEMANT » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:11 am

If you really want to know what I think I'll tell you
straightaway so that you don't have to translate it
and what I'm going to say won't please you (but it's
what I think). I'm a top-level record fanatic and my
main reference is the Japanese players: I use to study
their inps, their videos, their guides, Gamest mooks
and I've been developing my own techniques for 10
years, not on emu's but on the real systems. I've been
translating for several months all the latest updates
to Gamest records because Gamest/Arcadia is my main
reference. My conception of records is different from
that which seems to be in vogue here: I don't give a
damn about the leaderboard, I consider it worthless.
There's people with extremely poor scores but
nevertheless they hold a high position in the
leaderboard. To me this is unacceptable: I'd rather be
1st on 20 games than 8th, 4th 16th on 1000 games.
To me leeching (unless it's unlimited) and bugs are
perfectly acceptable and I disagree that the rules are
applied differently from game to game.
What counts on Marp is the leaderboard and this allows
many people to submit a large number of ridiculously
low scores, often achieved without any skills and with
the only purpose of gaining a few more leaderboard
points. To me this is sheer nonsense, not to mention
the fact that it flies in the face of Marp's own
rules:

"Submit only games that you feel are worthy of the
notice of other MARPers, owing either to personal
effort, or display of skill."

Also, there are rules I just can't stand: nvram is not
allowed (even when mame versions are used where
slowdown problems are practically non-existing) and
you only accept inps without nvram even on versions
that are affected by slowdowns to a much greater
extent and where you have to record with sound off. I
couldn't make a top score at Metal Slug yet (my PB is
over 3 millions) because I still haven't found a
decent mame version where you can record with sound on
and without slowdowns.
I'd have more to say but I'd rather stop here. I only
want to add that I have never come here to criticize
people, I only shared my views with my fellow
countrymen on another forum and therefore I hope I'll
never see my posts quoted here again.

MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:56 am

Post by MDenham » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:23 am

GHEMANT wrote:...and therefore I hope I'll
never see my posts quoted here again.
Quoting people is a fact of life on the Internet. GET USED TO IT.

Nice to see we've got a good-sized group of two-faced dipshits around here... but then, what community doesn't?

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4155
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by mahlemiut » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:25 am

The NVRAM rule is simply a playbackability issue. If NVRAM is not present, then you get the game to start at a state that anyone can get. It was unanimously voted in over a year ago. I really don't see how there is any relationship between speed and NVRAM.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4155
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by mahlemiut » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:27 am

MDenham wrote:Nice to see we've got a good-sized group of two-faced dipshits around here... but then, what community doesn't?
Just remember, nothing here has yet to compare to the retard that is Richy Cream.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:29 am

Okay. You're a fanatic about the records, fair enough... but like you said, you do so much studying the magazines, the videos, etc, all those references. I don't. I had no idea how to get higher scores on Metal Slug and the like until I saw your posts on the Neo-Geo forums. There's only so much one can learn by themselves, ya know? And yes, I played it in the arcade and I never came across anyone who knew this stuff. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't have known about without .inps.

I can sympathize with being unable to use newer versions because of speed concerns, really I can. That I understand. But as for NVRAM, MARP rules forbid it because it makes things harder to playback. Deleting the NVRAM file makes it more accessible to people downloading the recording, because then to reproduce play you simply have to delete the file, instead of having to create a default file or import somebody's else's. There aren't many instances in games where NVRAM is an absolute must-have to make the game better. Why are some of you getting so upset over the NVRAM rule?

If you're upset at how your posts got quoted here, imagine how upset you would feel if somebody who had acted civil and friendly to you in the past turns around and calls you a "simpleton" on another board. Be careful of what you say because it just might come back around and bite you in the ass.

Frankie
Editor
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Frankie » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:51 am

BBH wrote: I don't play games to be the absolute best in the world and obsess over the Gamest records. I PLAY GAMES TO HAVE FUN. Can you comprehend that, fucktard?
Well said BBH. I don't understand why these guys don't get this. If you think there are too many crap recordings on MARP, then go and built your own site, and make so called un-nescessary Special Rules to each game about how high the score must be for the recording to be submitted, and don't forget to mention what trick and stunts must be made in the recording to make it legal at your new site, and remember to mention that its not allowed to delete the NVRAM directory to make it almost impossible for other players to playback your recordings of excellence.

In other words, if you think MARP is crap THEN LEAVE.

Peace.
Frankie

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Post by Novice » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:02 am

DEFCON=1
BBH wrote: Hey, fuck you too! You're still on my shit list you little asshole. Trying to tell me what kind of recordings I should be uploading? Why don't you just leave this damn site already if it's "full of worthless junks"? Dipshit.
Novice is not enough wise to tell(and write) any lie.
Did "THE FACT" illitate you?
sorry. I just want to say BBH IS ONLY 1 MAN.

2 or 3 Boo-Boo-Hysterics are too many for the earth.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

Post Reply