delete records

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1572
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:19 am

Novice wrote:DEFCON=1

Novice is not enough wise to tell(and write) any lie.
Did "THE FACT" illitate you?
sorry. I just want to say BBH IS ONLY 1 MAN.

2 or 3 Boo-Boo-Hysterics are too many for the earth.
DEFCON=1 or not, this entire post is comedy gold!

I have to admit, "Boo-Boo-Hysterics" is definitely one of the more original interpretations I've heard of "BBH" in a long time!

User avatar
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:13 pm

Post by MKL » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:51 pm

Frankie wrote:In other words, if you think MARP is crap THEN LEAVE.
Frankie...how are you? how's life? Hard, eh? Especially when you're such a retard...No Frankie, I'm not being rude, just quoting your own words:

viewtopic.php?t=9687

So in that case you were a retard because you failed to see an important thing at the beginning, right?

Apparently you did it again (which leads one to believe you're actually a hopeless retard) because now you're saying: "if you think MARP is crap THEN LEAVE". Well Frankie, I'd like to draw your attention to the beginning of this thread: kkl asked a question, got an answer, said "thank you" and LEFT. So, Frankie, please tell me:

WHAT THE F-U-C-K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
(hope caps will help you to understand better)

if you cannot even read people's posts, Mr. retard, why don't YOU leave in the first place?

As for Gemant, he came here to tell his views on Marp BECAUSE SOMEONE (mr. Buttmaker and Hisa) ASKED FOR A TRANSLATION OF HIS WORDS (again, learn to read before posting your nonsense), so he had all the rights to do so. And for what you know he may well have left Marp too.

So now the least you could do is apologize to kkl. Let's see if you can do ONE thing right...

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Post by Kale » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:16 pm

bah:

Code: Select all

MARP is a site full of shit, they have their westernised rules ,done for the 
weaklings. 

and their idea of a record makes me laugh. 

now, deleting recordings with nvram even if these are better than the others
is a big shit thing. 

second: play to advance in the ranking is also a stupid thing.

this is the typical way for make weak westernised
that interpretes in their way the meaning of record. 

there's a thread on the playbackability section where I ask something about a 
record on dodonpachi of over 750 millions, hisa chan has replied 
that on marp it doesn't be accepted because they judges I can't remember well...... 
I mean the record is regular but they have to say on something I don't know.

maybe they don't accept it only because it's japanese and that will remove places and points
to the poor stupid guys that does shit recordings under the 50 millions but they are Americans,
for example the guys that they were before the coming of the teamch.

other stupid things are derived on the leeching rules that goes well for the game x but 
not for y game.... 

at the end they do like they want

there's only one problem, marp is the most famous and biggest and viewest site
and the alternatives are unluckly poor. 
"break my butt" if you want Gemant...

User avatar
QRS
Editor
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Sweden

RE

Post by QRS » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:20 pm

So what brought you up from the grave to flame somone like that MKL? If you can´t controll your temper don´t expect that somone will listen to you.

We both know that the "retarded" link has nothing to do with this issue so please get some real "proof" of retardness instead of bringing up a link that was a joke from both me and Frankie.


I will not flame you back or calling you bad things. I did stop with those kind of things a long time ago.

Anyway I prefer to think of you as a good guy (wich you have always been) please don´t dissapoint me with childish posts like this.

ps
The only reason I post this is that I was surprised to hear such words from you. This is not a post in Frankies place.. he can speak for himself.

Cheers

QRS
QRS

User avatar
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:13 pm

Post by MKL » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:13 pm

Erm...excuse me sir...

...now everyone knows that delation is your favourite hobby (people must avoid you like the plague, eh?). OK.

But since Gemant had already explained his views,

what were you trying to show,

apart from the fact that you have serious problems in conjugating verbs?
Kale wrote: it doesn't be accepted

guys that does

rules that goes

User avatar
QRS
Editor
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Sweden

RE

Post by QRS » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:17 pm

Ohh I did not see the translation until now :)
MARP is a site full of shit, they have their westernised rules ,done for the
weaklings.

and their idea of a record makes me laugh.
I am sorry to hear that you think that this site is full of shit.
No one forced you to come here in the first place.
I´d like to point out that all marpers are not from the US.
There are people from all over the world here.
You are from Italy and I live in Sweden. We both live in the
same continent. Maybe you think that you come from the east just because you are a great player and translates Japanese excell sheets?
now, deleting recordings with nvram even if these are better than the others
is a big shit thing.
Ok you don´t seem to understand the problem with NVRAM.
It is due to the playback problem it causes. Is it so hard to
record another recording and delete the NVRAM folder first?
Maybe it is easier to try for hours to get a recording to playback
properly?

second: play to advance in the ranking is also a stupid thing.

this is the typical way for make weak westernised
that interpretes in their way the meaning of record.
The leaderboard on Marp is not a way to show if somone is a
better player or not. The leaderboard is just a little "game" on
itself so to speak. It does not prove if you are a better player or
not. Only the recordings proves that. Some like the leaderboard,
and some don´t. You can always ignore it and upload recordings
anyway.
there's a thread on the playbackability section where I ask something about a
record on dodonpachi of over 750 millions, hisa chan has replied
that on marp it doesn't be accepted because they judges I can't remember well......
I mean the record is regular but they have to say on something I don't know.
Like I said in an earlier post:
The recording was DQ´d for slowdown, using
NVRAM and possible rerecording. Do you want
me to upload a recording on 1942 with a speed of
40%? (just an example) Maybe things are getting
more clear now? Or is that a proof of a good recording
and not a weak one?
maybe they don't accept it only because it's japanese and that will remove places and points
to the poor stupid guys that does shit recordings under the 50 millions but they are Americans,
for example the guys that they were before the coming of the teamch.
Marp does not care if you are from India, japan
US or Sweden.. just follow the rules and you are ok.
Some people can´t get more than 50 mil on Dodonpachi.
Some people can´t get 10mil.. we play for fun and do our best.
No one has claimed that it is a WR. At least those recordings
are legal. Also note that there is a 500mil recording as a first
place that is perfectly legal AND made by a Japanese guy..
how does that sound?
other stupid things are derived on the leeching rules that goes well for the game x but
not for y game....

at the end they do like they want
The leeching area is always a grey are. We try to make
rules for it and often you need to set a rule on game x and
another on game y. Boring leeching is not fun to watch.. Like
shooting zombies for hours on stage 3 on Ghost´s and goblins

there's only one problem, marp is the most famous and biggest and viewest site
and the alternatives are unluckly poor
Why not just upload your scores, follow the rules and
be happy as all other guys and girls are here? Just
ignore the leaderboard and do your stuff. Plain and
simple.

Cheers.
QRS

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Post by Kale » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:26 pm

MKL wrote:Erm...excuse me sir...

...now everyone knows that delation is your favourite hobby (people must avoid you like the plague, eh?). OK.

But since Gemant had already explained his views,

what were you trying to show,

apart from the fact that you have serious problems in conjugating verbs?
Kale wrote: it doesn't be accepted

guys that does

rules that goes
Blame Gemant's Italian and/or stupid typos(done at 2 AM of yesterday);and I can't understand what you say by "Gemant explained";wasn't it you? LOL

Frankie
Editor
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Frankie » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:28 pm

MKL wrote:Frankie...how are you? how's life? Hard, eh? Especially when you're such a retard...No Frankie, I'm not being rude, just quoting your own words:

viewtopic.php?t=9687
No comment on this, as its ridiculous :)
MKL wrote:So in that case you were a retard because you failed to see an important thing at the beginning, right?

Apparently you did it again (which leads one to believe you're actually a hopeless retard) because now you're saying: "if you think MARP is crap THEN LEAVE". Well Frankie, I'd like to draw your attention to the beginning of this thread: kkl asked a question, got an answer, said "thank you" and LEFT. So, Frankie, please tell me:

WHAT THE F-U-C-K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
(hope caps will help you to understand better)
Well, I don't care if the person who posted here first left or not, that was his choice. What I wrote here was clearly a reply to Ghemant, to what he wrote here. I quoted BBH, because I think he is right about all that matters is that we have some fun playing games.

Ghemant is the only one who complained about the NVRAM rule in this thread, therefore I thought everyone with a little bit of......would know who I was meaning.
MKL wrote:As for Gemant, he came here to tell his views on Marp BECAUSE SOMEONE (mr. Buttmaker and Hisa) ASKED FOR A TRANSLATION OF HIS WORDS (again, learn to read before posting your nonsense), so he had all the rights to do so. And for what you know he may well have left Marp too.
Yes, and my reply to him is IF HE THINK MARP IS CRAP, THEN LEAVE.
MKL wrote:So now the least you could do is apologize to kkl. Let's see if you can do ONE thing right...
No way. As explained above, what I wrote was meant for Ghemant and not kkl, and I'm not excusing anything as long as I'm not swearing or calling people names like you do by calling me a retard. All I did was to make a little fun of the dream site you guys need to create, and then ask him to leave MARP if he don't like it here. I see no reason to apologize for that.

But maybe you want to apologize to me for calling me names? Guess not....

Peace.
Frankie

User avatar
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:48 pm
Location: Finland

Post by diabolik » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:25 pm

How come all the italian guys (except Kale) have suddenly become assholes? Are they all buying that anti-MARP propaganda spreaded at the emuita forum or maybe something in the drinking water? :roll:

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:46 pm
Contact:

...

Post by LN2 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:56 pm

Ghemant, you have a point to part of your post. I am sure there are some that just submit tons of what some of us would call "average" scores that you could match or easily beat playing the game the very first time. You shouldn't be jealous of them just cuz they are higher on some leaderboard.

The overall goal of MARP really is to be a showcase of the best scores for games played within MAME by anyone. I get a tad puzzled myself why some upload a score for a game that is good for only like 10th place and is the level of score 50 others could beat and submit scores for within a day. However, they must be somewhat proud of their personal accomplishment and just want to share it with the world. :P I think in some cases it's where there are some MAME competition leagues where they just use MARP as the site to upload the scores for their independent league play. Therefore they submit whatever score they accomplish cuz that means something different in their league competition.

I think the leaderboard aspect is just for a little more fun and spur some additional friendly competition and just so you can easily keep track of your own games seeing how many firsts, seconds, etc. you have. I check that versus caring about what my actual position on that board is. If you study the leaderboard some you can see there are several others that have submitted many more scores than what BBH has submitted. His avg pts stat is impressive for submitting scores for so many games.

It isn't for a sore-winner which some seem to be where even though they are also an accomplished gamer they are jealous of those higher on the leaderboard just because they have submitted scores for tons more games. That "average" stat in the leaderboard is important. There is no reason to be jealous just from the sheer volume of scores some of the gamers here upload.

I don't know BBH personally but from this forum I can see he is the type of player if he saw some score accomplished he would just congratulate that person and wish he had the skills to play that game that well.

I haven't looked at BBH's game list specifically...1 cuz it would take a while to download and render...hehe...but I'm sure that is something that was done over 2+ years of playing. That isn't the type of thing you can just sit down and play a game and master it within a night....some might be but certainly not most of them.

How great a score is is quite subjective and within the context of each game as well. I'm sure a score of 400+k on Ms. Pacman would be held as more of an accomplishment versus scoring really high on some fighting game or metal slug etc. I'm not saying the metal slug score isn't also great, but personally I would hold that kind of ms pac score as a higher accomplishment.

Unfortunately, I generally suck at the fighting type games. Those good at those types of games have tons of variants to submit scores for. Like other here I can't even really play most of the NeoGeo games cuz my system can't handle it....even without sound I have to skip some frames for some of them to play it at speed.

User avatar
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:13 pm

Post by MKL » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:41 pm

Frankie wrote:But maybe you want to apologize to me for calling me names? Guess not...
Yes I do. Please accept my sincere apologies.

But mind you, I apologize for the form (i.e. for calling you names) not for the content, because I still think that what you said to Gemant ("if you think marp is crap, then leave") would have been quite appropriate *only* if he had come *here* and opened a thread to tell you how this place should be run. But he didn't do that. As i said, for what you know he might have already left and more importantly he was telling his views to other people in another forum, not here to you. So bringing his posts here has been a stupid and childish idea and we all know who's the poor imbecile that got it started (no, I won't apologize to him).

And btw, I never ever said anything against marp and his rules (esp. the NVRAM one). Hell, I do subscribe to them. I even tried to tell Gemant they're right and necessary. So please (diabolik, etc.) stop this "all the Italians" crap.

And lastly, please someone help kkl: please try to understand that sometimes language problems (many Italians don't know any English) give rise to all sort of misunderstandings: actually he didn't want to leave, he said he just can't seem to delete the nvram directory (it keeps recreating during the recording, the game is Vampire I think), so he got frustrated and wanted to delete everything, y'know...

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4159
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by mahlemiut » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:25 pm

Yes, MAME does create a .nv file even after recording, assuming the NVRAM folder is valid. So long as there is no .nv before recording, and before playback, everything should work.

Another way around it, is to simply delete the NVRAM folder. Remember to do this whenever you install a new MAME version.

Or you can use a batch file to move or delete the .nv file. Writing one is quite easy, assuming you haven't been brought up on Windows/MacOS, being afraid of the DOS prompt as if it were the plague.

Or you could use MARPFront. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

User avatar
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:48 pm
Location: Finland

Post by diabolik » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:28 pm

MKL wrote:[
And btw, I never ever said anything against marp and his rules (esp. the NVRAM one). Hell, I do subscribe to them. I even tried to tell Gemant they're right and necessary. So please (diabolik, etc.) stop this "all the Italians" crap.
OK, fair enough, I apologize for that generalization. :oops: Please forgive me, I'm very drunnk. :*\

Frankie
Editor
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Frankie » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:37 pm

MKL wrote:
Frankie wrote:But maybe you want to apologize to me for calling me names? Guess not...
Yes I do. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Apology accepted. Thank you.
MKL wrote:But mind you, I apologize for the form (i.e. for calling you names) not for the content, because I still think that what you said to Gemant ("if you think marp is crap, then leave") would have been quite appropriate *only* if he had come *here* and opened a thread to tell you how this place should be run. But he didn't do that. As i said, for what you know he might have already left and more importantly he was telling his views to other people in another forum, not here to you. So bringing his posts here has been a stupid and childish idea and we all know who's the poor imbecile that got it started (no, I won't apologize to him).
But its obvious that he's unhappy with MARP, and think everything here is done the wrong way. Instead of talking bad about MARP with other people on another board, he should come here and talk with us about it. And that this site is only for Americans and all that is totally wrong.

If he is upset about what I wrote, then he should contact me, and we'll talk about it. But I don't see what I did wrong. The first five lines was meant as a joke, and the comment about him leaving was simply because it seems he don't like it here.
MKL wrote:And lastly, please someone help kkl: please try to understand that sometimes language problems (many Italians don't know any English) give rise to all sort of misunderstandings: actually he didn't want to leave, he said he just can't seem to delete the nvram directory (it keeps recreating during the recording, the game is Vampire I think), so he got frustrated and wanted to delete everything, y'know...
On older versions of MAME (only windows I think) it recreates itself if I remember correctly. But the first game he records should be okay. There's probably a lot that can be done about that, but I'm not the right person to explain this, that will only make him more confused :)

On newer version the NVRAM directory don't re-create itself, at least not for me.

Bye.
Frankie

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4159
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by mahlemiut » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:11 pm

Certainly, the folder doesn't get re-created, I was referring to the .nv file itself.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

Post Reply